• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem: Week 1 Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The 2010 BGO NFL Pickem crew picked up where last year's left off, showing impressive predictive capabilities. Not a single player fell below .500 on their peeks in Week 1, and 10 players finished 12-4 for the week or better.

Top player for Week 1 was Jimbo at 14-2, followed by Docsandy and Pravda at 13-3. Great job everybody :cheers:

Click HERE for overall Week 1 results.

Click HERE for a detailed recap of all picks made.

Get ready for Week 2 - it's going to be a highly competitive contest in 2010!

What about the last-place player from Week 1?

It's Me!

Oof. Knew I shouldn't have had any faith in the Browns.

Oh well, 8-8 ain't too shabby.

DC PC, our computerized player making random picks, went 9-7.

Detroit, SD, and Philly were close enough to put me at 15-1. Stafford doesn't get injured and that one is good. The curse of Norv. And Philly, well, is Philly.

Good luck to all this week.

The 2010 BGO NFL Pickem crew picked up where last year's left off, showing impressive predictive capabilities. Not a single player fell below .500 on their peeks in Week 1, and 10 players finished 12-4 for the week or better.

Top player for Week 1 was Jimbo at 14-2, followed by Docsandy and Pravda at 13-3. Great job everybody :cheers:

Click HERE for overall Week 1 results.

Click HERE for a detailed recap of all picks made.

Get ready for Week 2 - it's going to be a highly competitive contest in 2010!

still time to get in?

Man! Just like last year, the standards set by this group astound me! In any other pool I have ever participated, 10-6 would have had me near the top at least. Here it is middle of the road.

Congrats Jimbo! Picking up where you left off!

still time to get in?

You can certainly play. Last year, you were only eligible to compete for prizes if you made all the picks (all 16 weeks plus the playoffs/SB). Don't know if we could alter that or not, think it would depend on the current players feelings. But no reason you can't play. I'm setting you up now and will pm you log-in stuff.

I thought this year you had a prize for people who got a perfect week?

I thought this year you had a prize for people who got a perfect week?

True dat. We actually had that last year as well, just never had anyone pull a perfect week. Btw - we are *almost* ready to open the BGO store backup so we can settle up with our 4 winners from last year.

Man, 10 prognosticators at 12-4 or better? And Jimbo The Manbo at 14-2???

Hold on....

I seem to have misplaced my white flag....

Wait a sec.....

Dang. Can't find it. Guess I'll have to pick again next week afterall. :doh:

14-2 in Week One. That's just insane. Helluva job brother. :cheers:

What about the last-place player from Week 1?

It's Me!

Oof. Knew I shouldn't have had any faith in the Browns.

Oh well, 8-8 ain't too shabby.

Well, at least somebody did worse than me. :)

I, too, had too much faith in the Browns (and apparently a number of other teams as well).

If I make up one game a week on the leader, it'll still take me 5 weeks to catch up. That's a long road to hoe. I'll give it a go though.

Gah,
I got screwed by the NFL over the Lions game.
Pats are better than I thought they were.
Browns and Falcons let me down.
I can never figure out what the Jags are going to.
and wow what is the deal with the Seahawks and Chiefs.....these teams should have been the ones getting blown out.

I have to admit, 14-2 for week one is a total abberation. Although these matchups seemed pretty easy to pick on the surface, the first week and final week are always unknowns. My guess is I don't hit another 14-2 again this season. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't keep trying. ;)

Gah,
I got screwed by the NFL over the Lions game.
Pats are better than I thought they were.
Browns and Falcons let me down.
I can never figure out what the Jags are going to.
and wow what is the deal with the Seahawks and Chiefs.....these teams should have been the ones getting blown out.

I somehow picked Tampa in this league, but I had Cleveland everywhere else. Should have known they'd get Delhomme'd.

Never underestimate the home team in the home opener. I did with both KC and the Texans. I still think San Diego and the Colts are better but that home opener just carries a bit more weight when teams are evenly matched and sometimes when they aren't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.