• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Legend of the Gold Pants

I'm just a grumpy traditionalist when it comes to sports...you should hear my Olympics opinions...not very popular! ;)

Like I said gold pants OK...Packer yellow not so much. I love the sentiment behind the change, just not the choice made. As a graphics guy these colors and all the past Redskins color schemes are something I pay way too much attention to (sometimes it sucks, I can't even watch a commercial without critiquing stupid things like fonts hehe). I've always hated the bright yellow and wish we'd go back to a more muted old school scheme. It's the ONLY thing I liked about the Any Given Sunday uniforms of the 75th anniversary team.

Oh and sorry, my wording does suck more often than it doesn't, won't be the last time I'm sure!

I'm old school tradionalist too, CT. In fact, I was classmate with Bruce Allen at UR, I graduated 76 and Bruce in 77 I think. His dad had been coach since 71. So I grew up revering the uni's of George Allen era. It was a period of a return to greatness for the franchise, the over the hill gang, win now mantra. Seems an awful lot like we are going thata direction with this Bruce Allen makeover of the team. He is a traditionalist like us, and will restore the pride in the organization. These uniforms complete the makeover, and we must win now. I can see how it all fits together.

I wasn't sure I'd like the look, but it grew on me quickly. And for those of you wanting true gold rather than what they wore, be careful what you wish for:

goldpants.jpg

GoldPantsNerd.jpg

I have no idea where this pic originated, but if they kept the helmets and jerseys burgundy, I would LOVE this uniform!

Last edited:
Not bad, CT. Little cartoonish for my tastes insofar as possibly replacing the official logo, but has potential. Look for it to be a BGO avatar at some point soon. :)

Took the liberty of dowloading it.

Attachments

• skins-log0.jpg
    skins-log0.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 98
Ya I thought the same thing. Nice for some optional graphics though. It would make a good window decal. It's also distinctive, no one would be asking me how the Seminoles were doing with that the way they do when I wear the throwback stuff I have. Of course I'm obsessive enough to correct them about who stole who's look but that's another topic. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.