A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default an interesting sidebar to the game

    that shot last night of AH standing to the side fuming while the rest of the defense was huddled on the sidelines was amazing. Could the man be that childish?

    in any event...no mention of it today cuz of the victory.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    Actually there are mentions of AH today. Shan said "He played very hard and is getting the defense down".
    not in the national media that has been exploiting this whole drama.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  3. #3

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    the washington post is a national media outlet.
    not by anyone who takes media seriously!

    and I am referring to all the Skins TV reporting today/tonight (e.g., Redskins Nation, COMCAST), NFL Radio, Sports Center, etc., etc.

    whatever........
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #4

    Join Date
    10-01-09
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    9,780
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    133
    Virginia

    Default

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...heat-up-again/

    Haynesworth trade market could heat up, again

    With one game in the books and another one six days away, the Redskins reportedly may once again explore the possibility of trading defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.

    Mort reports that the Redskins "could try" to trade Haynesworth through Tuesday, and that the Titans remain the top potential trade partner.

    The price had been a second-round draft pick; Mort believes that the Redskins may take less than that. He says that Haynesworth hasn't learned the Redskins' 3-4 defense and that he doesn't care to learn it.

    Meanwhile, coach Mike Shanahan did his best to preserve leverage by projecting a sense that Haynesworth is going nowhere. "We had most of our linemen play between 15 and 30 plays and they rotated," Shanahan said Monday, explaining the limited snaps Haynesworth received on Sunday night against the Cowboys. "We had six lineman up for the game. Talking about Albert, Albert played hard. He's getting more comfortable with the 3-4 scheme every time he takes a rep. Hopefully, he keeps on getting better and better, but he did play extremely hard."

    More at the above link.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

  5. #5

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy Burner View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...heat-up-again/

    Haynesworth trade market could heat up, again

    With one game in the books and another one six days away, the Redskins reportedly may once again explore the possibility of trading defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.

    Mort reports that the Redskins "could try" to trade Haynesworth through Tuesday, and that the Titans remain the top potential trade partner.

    The price had been a second-round draft pick; Mort believes that the Redskins may take less than that. He says that Haynesworth hasn't learned the Redskins' 3-4 defense and that he doesn't care to learn it.

    Meanwhile, coach Mike Shanahan did his best to preserve leverage by projecting a sense that Haynesworth is going nowhere. "We had most of our linemen play between 15 and 30 plays and they rotated," Shanahan said Monday, explaining the limited snaps Haynesworth received on Sunday night against the Cowboys. "We had six lineman up for the game. Talking about Albert, Albert played hard. He's getting more comfortable with the 3-4 scheme every time he takes a rep. Hopefully, he keeps on getting better and better, but he did play extremely hard."

    More at the above link.


    Can anyone who knows more about football than I do explain why Mort says Fat Al doesn't know the defense? I realize it didn't look like he was expending maximum or even minimum effort, but was he also out of position as well? Did Mort get that from someone on the team, or was it that evident to people who know football?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  6. #6
    kirbster
    Honored Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    that shot last night of AH standing to the side fuming while the rest of the defense was huddled on the sidelines was amazing. Could the man be that childish?

    in any event...no mention of it today cuz of the victory.
    According to Rich Tandler's tweet, none of the DL was in the huddle at that time, so this is much ado about nothing.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  7. #7

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    Can anyone who knows more about football than I do explain why Mort says Fat Al doesn't know the defense? I realize it didn't look like he was expending maximum or even minimum effort, but was he also out of position as well? Did Mort get that from someone on the team, or was it that evident to people who know football?
    Shanahan specifically said Albert is learning the D. I think there might be some truth to the statement that he doesn't know it, and isn't working terribly hard to learn it, or else he'd be getting a lot more PT. Just get rid of him already...this is getting ridiculous, and I for one am tired of hearing about it.

    I mean, really? An entire thread dedicated to Hanyesworth's facial expression on the sideline? Jesus H. Christ...END IT ALREADY.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #8

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Shanahan specifically said Albert is learning the D. I think there might be some truth to the statement that he doesn't know it, and isn't working terribly hard to learn it, or else he'd be getting a lot more PT. Just get rid of him already...this is getting ridiculous, and I for one am tired of hearing about it.

    I mean, really? An entire thread dedicated to Hanyesworth's facial expression on the sideline? Jesus H. Christ...END IT ALREADY.

    Kris Jenkins went down last night, didn't look pretty. We might consider giving the J-E-T-S a call.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  9. #9
    NFL Pickem Champion 2018
    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Montclair, VA
    Posts
    4,345
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    1
    Virginia Tech

    Default

    Yeah, my understanding is NBC and Collinsworth took the sideline shot and ran with it.

    You can see in the replay at least two other DL sitting on the bench behind AH and not in the huddle.

    I think it's a typical viral "story" thing that takes on a life of its own. Kinda like what Steinberg was trying to prove with the false SportsBog post about Roethlisberger's suspension that got him in hot water.

    On the Jets ... they play a 3-4.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    Eschew obfuscation.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Om View Post
    Yeah, my understanding is NBC and Collinsworth took the sideline shot and ran with it.

    You can see in the replay at least two other DL sitting on the bench behind AH and not in the huddle.

    I think it's a typical viral "story" thing that takes on a life of its own. Kinda like what Steinberg was trying to prove with the false SportsBog post about Roethlisberger's suspension that got him in hot water.

    On the Jets ... they play a 3-4.
    thanks OM!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    arent huddles usually just for the players that are going in anyways? seems to me that if you arent part of the scheme thats going in and youre trying to crowd around the coach you are just getting in the way of the guy who needs to see the screen shots, etc
    good point. seems to me though that if you might go in next due to injury you're going to be listening...as backup QBs often do.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Shanahan specifically said Albert is learning the D. I think there might be some truth to the statement that he doesn't know it, and isn't working terribly hard to learn it, or else he'd be getting a lot more PT. Just get rid of him already...this is getting ridiculous, and I for one am tired of hearing about it.

    I mean, really? An entire thread dedicated to Hanyesworth's facial expression on the sideline? Jesus H. Christ...END IT ALREADY.
    cranky....the thread was about media coverage. OM has pointed out that this may have been an NBC created red herring.....

    otherwise....agree that AH doesn't like standing ground and absorbing double teams head on
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  13. #13

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    sure does look like the d-line players collected behind him though
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  14. #14

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Cape Coral Fl
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
    According to Rich Tandler's tweet, none of the DL was in the huddle at that time, so this is much ado about nothing.
    It's Collinsworth's fault this is a topic. He pointed out Alberto standing alone with the huddle in the distance

    Here's Albert, and there's the defensive huddle, was how he put it. Instant drama.....

    EDIT: didn't see OM's post.... doh
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

  15. #15

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    but are they meeting or just sitting around? looks like daniels is facing the other direction looking at the ground, 2 guys are sitting down and one guy is standing there. doesnt look too serious to me.
    you are tenacious big Mike! what dif does it make?...they're hangin together as a group
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Interesting Article on Tebow
    By Neophyte in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-04-10, 04:34 PM
  2. Interesting Giveaway at the Game....could this mean future cuts?
    By The Burgundy Ghost in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-09, 10:49 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •