• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Gift Horse My Ass: Redskins Beat Cowboys, 13-7

I am a firm believer in you create luck. Hard work and discipline help the Redskins have fewer mistakes than the Cowboys. That is result of hard work.

It was all smoke and mirrors. I don't know what's wrong with you guys.

Ravens and Jets are in a low scoring affair. Both are considered to be Super Bowl contenders. Hmmmmmm.

Our Redskins outplayed the Jets a few weeks ago. We also held our own against the Ravens (a fake punt, in preseason no less, made it look a bit more lopsided).

Just saying...

I couldn't agree more, Om. We earned this win. We made fewer mistakes, and made bigger plays when they counted.

Redskins Nation can take this one to the bank. Today we relish this sweet victory. Tomorrow we worry about Houston.

The way I look at it is no one gave us sympathy or points because we had so many injuries on the OL the last couple of years, no one gets any from me. The boys knew what they had, what they had to face, and didnt prepare for it. In that respect, maybe they did give it to us, cause they didnt take the Skins seriously. I honestly doubt that, but the Skins came out on the high end of the score, and that is what matters.

Om, you left out Carlos "Stone Hands" Rogers dropping the game-winning INT also. That right there should have ended it. But other than that, I agree one THOUSAND percent. The Redskins earned this W.

I was including the Manos de Piedra botched INT in the "dropped passes" reference in my mind. Probably shoulda spelled it out in retrospect. It just seemed like 'los was the intended receiver on the play ...

how many of us could be 5 feet in the air, horizontal, have a guy jumping next to you and come up with it? I dont even think ST would have made that one.

but with Carlos' track record it doesnt help.

Oh, it was a tough catch for sure - and maybe I'm being a little too tough on Rogers because of his past drops, but the general mantra is if it hits you in the hands, you gotta catch it. Especially with the game on the line. I have visions of Antonio Cromartie doing that exact same body position, except with one arm outstretched way behind his head, and making the pick a few years ago. Rogers has got to catch that.

how many of us could be 5 feet in the air, horizontal, have a guy jumping next to you and come up with it? I dont even think ST would have made that one.

agree. looked like a tough play to me.

Agreed

Darrell Green once said... paraphrasing of course... If I had a dollar for every pick I should have had, I wouldn't have had to play the game so long...

It would have been nice to get the pick, but a pass defended is never a bad thing.

Hmm. I'm going to look at that Rogers play again...surprised to hear so many of you thinking it was a particularly tough play. Looked to me like he had time to turn, spot the ball, get both hands up and wait on it. Tough for you and me? Sure. Tough for a starting corner in the NFL? Not so sure.

Hmm. I'm going to look at that Rogers play again...surprised to hear so many of you thinking it was a particularly tough play. Looked to me like he had time to turn, spot the ball, get both hands up and wait on it. Tough for you and me? Sure. Tough for a starting corner in the NFL? Not so sure.

look at his momentum and where he ended up in space relative to the ground after touching the ball....not impossible.....but understandable

Exactly. He should have caught it - he does nothing but train and prepare for that very moment, and is paid well to catch the dang ball.

it's the "in the breadbasket" flubs like the Tampa game several years back that infuriates people about Carlos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.