• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Cowboys v Redskins

An ugly win beats the hell out of any, and all losses.

Lots of work to do, but learning from a win is more gooder than learning from a loss.

Oline did great, considering all the subbing, and going up against an experienced 3-4.

Reed Doughty is a big time liability in pass coverage.

Gold pants rock! Hope they're here to stay.

I concur 100%, OM. Got worried when we took points off the board than screwed up the FG snap. We had way too many drops.

Not sure if running game needs a lot of work, or Dallas defense played to stuff the run, or combination of the two.

Regardless....a win against Dallas is a big W. Today can call all those Cowboy fans that have gloated past few games. Had a good feeling when saw those gold pants with burgundy jerseys. Have a feeling the spirit of George Allen was on the field.

Rak used Barron all night long. I'm still not happy giving up nearly 400 yards in O to the Pukes, but a win is a win

We might actually be above good if Butterworth decides to play

Ya just had to go there... didn't ya :)

Even giving him be benefit of the doubt of learning a new system, he didn't show me any reason for him to be on the field. He was often handled one on one, and showed little intensity. Collingsworth was getting me ill. Well he normally does anyway, but the "he's starting to fight back" crap a few times in reference to Alberto had me ready to slam my head into the wall. I'm still trying to figure out why the D huddle is by the bench, and Alberto is wondering the sideline 15 yards away. Weather it be the coaches choice or his to be excluded, why bother having him around.

We'll see how it shakes out this week, and next Sunday, but if that's all we're gonna get out of the guy, I can't see the coaches being happy. I sure as hell aint....

Right now our receiver corps blows. We better pray Sanatana stays healthy and doens't get suspended.

Same with our RB's. Portis probably has this year left as a feature back, but he's lost a step IMO. No body else looks scary. At least his 'tude has changed:)

This win was a great one, and as far as I'm concerned we can lose every other game this season.

Well, maybe not. But at least they look respectable again.

Ya just had to go there... didn't ya :)

Even giving him be benefit of the doubt of learning a new system, he didn't show me any reason for him to be on the field. He was often handled one on one, and showed little intensity. Collingsworth was getting me ill. Well he normally does anyway, but the "he's starting to fight back" crap a few times in reference to Alberto had me ready to slam my head into the wall. I'm still trying to figure out why the D huddle is by the bench, and Alberto is wondering the sideline 15 yards away. Weather it be the coaches choice or his to be excluded, why bother having him around.

We'll see how it shakes out this week, and next Sunday, but if that's all we're gonna get out of the guy, I can't see the coaches being happy. I sure as hell aint....

Hey man, give Butterworth a break. He's not in "football" shape yet;)

... for once we found a way to win

That one kind of sums it up for me, Sarge. We didn't give up, we didn't show what I term a sense of "collapse"-of resignation, of waiting for the inevitable "other shoe" to drop like I've sensed in recent seasons. We played as thought"By God, if we're going down-we're not going down without a fight".

I liked that...a lot.

BTW, our D and Oline, in my view deserve credit. They both did better than I had thought (or feared) they might. We're moving in a good direction and we need to keep it up-we play another tough one next week-the Texans took down Peyton and the Colts. Now if we can pull that one off....but I'm getting too far ahead. I think.

We beat the damn Cowpukes!:drummer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.