• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications - Week 1 - Dallas Cowboys

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Neophyte

Welcome to the beginning of something we hope will become a feature you will look forward to every week during the regular season. As we are committed to the idea of making BGO a place driven by, and all about, member contributed content, we are launching a new member blog called Blognostications. It will be written by a different, staff selected, member each week and will feature that members take on the upcoming Redskins game, complete with his or her specific predictions on the final outcome, big plays, player stats, trick plays and on camera appearances by Dan Snyder. Ok, so maybe that last bit is optional. At the end of year, the member judged by the staff to have done the best job of blognosticating will be awarded a custom avatar and special title (staff not eligible).

With the change over in both Front Office and Coaching staff this year we thought asking someone to write up Game 1 based on the vanilla stuff we all hate seeing but hang on the edge of our seats over in Preseason was a bit unfair so I will be taking a crack at it, both to give those who follow something of a template (although this is not set in concrete and originality is certainly encouraged…hey, style points count here) and to save a member the potential embarrassment of not only being on a different page than the team but perhaps in a totally different book. The idea of thinking the Skins are approaching “War and Peace” when the truth might be closer to “Green Eggs and Ham” is very real and very scary (trust me, I am shaking as I write this).

So, welcome to Dallas Week . . .

Click here for more...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very very happy with a 27-17 win over the Cowgirls. Very very happy. :)

Excellent idea, I love this! And I love the prediction, here's hoping it comes true exactly as you have called it!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I see McNabb getting picked at least once although Miss Cleo won’t share who comes down with it for Dallas and he gets sacked twice but it won’t be Ware who gets him. Instead, look for Ratliff and Spencer to do the honors.

You won't need Miss Cleo for this one. It will be the guy that almost ALWAYS gets a pick against the Skins......Terence Newman.

As for the rest, I sure as heck hope your Crystal Ball is spot on!

Cool idea and I love the prediction. It would be great to see Portis get 100 yds on 20 carries. We are definitely doing something right if so. I wouldn't mind Romo trying on the Orakpo suit as well.

Redskins score 36, that is all I know.

I will be looking to see how the running game unfolds and will pay particular attention to Larry Johnson and Keiland Williams. Clinton Portis will get his certain number of carries, but this is the first season that we will (potentially) see a running back by committee in many years.

Can Johnson be the "big back" in short yardage situations and provide relief when needed? Can Williams be a spark when his number is called? Will the fans be happy with the backfield or will everyone be calling for Ryan Torain on the roster after game one?

I'm ready for some football.

The year was 1993 and it was Richie Petitbon's first game as head coach. We opened up against the Cowboys.....and won, 35-16. Great start to an otherwise crappy season.

I'll take the win....no matter how slim. My fervent hope is that it serve as a building block to future wins. Let's hope that the game provides us a baseline to start from and helps to mold this team into....for the first time in recent memory......a TEAM.

I'm so nervous.

Alright, I'm calling shenanigans right here. Right off the bat. Where do you get off with this "Hey guys, we're going to have some of you write up 'blognostications,' blah, blah, blah...But I'm in charge, and I'm taking the Dallas game."

For real?

You either have a very lucky hat, or you didn't take your thumb and index finger off of the slip with "Neophyte" on it when you put it in, and then promptly drew it back out.

I'm out. This is bull****. Member-driven my ***.

*ahem*

Now it's time for about sixty of these ----> ;)

This is a fantastic idea, and you've set the bar pretty high, Neo. Especially with the countless unknowns that you pointed out going into this one.

Personally, I'll take 27-17, 3-2, or any other possible score combination in which our total is > theirs.

This should be a lot of fun, and hopefully informative as well. Can I just make one request? If I get to play too, can I PLEASE go before Om? I'd hate for a visitor to return after seeing his effort, and then return to find mine. (Unless you guys feel BGO is already getting too big.) :)

Sh*t....I didn't think about that. I wanna go before Om, too!

But not before Honorary Hog.....I think I can take that one.

:betterwink:

Although I DID enjoy his generous use of "white space".

Good write-up, Neo. I'll be delighted with any point total that gives us a W over the Cowburps.

I just hope folks remember, there's 15 more games, minimum (hopeful sucker, ain't I) after this one so no matter the outcome Sunday this season will be one in which we can actually look at games with the idea of winning a notable number of them actually being a realistic view.

I have waited for the opportunity to look forward to games with that thought, and I intend to relish it.

this season will be one in which we can actually look at games with the idea of winning a notable number of them actually being a realistic view.

I have waited for the opportunity to look forward to games with that thought, and I intend to relish it.

This member of the congregation says, "amen."

My cousin from NC (huge Skins fan as well) and I have talked about this very point at length. I would love just to have that feeling that we have a good shot at beating most of our opponents. It seemed like a lot of times during the late 80s and early 90s, it was a foregone conclusion. We were beating you, unless you got lucky.

I'm really tired of the opposite being true.

I've tried like hell, I mean with every fiber of my being, to NOT allow myself to get excited about this season. After so many years of let downs, I really should know better. But I'm a Skins fan to my soul, damnit. And I believe. Again.

Lol.......truth be told, you DID have me goin' there. Well done. :claps:

b

Without my hard-earned reputation as an overly-sensitive, ridiculously over-dramatic, megalomaniacal jackazz, I wouldn't be able to pull that stuff off. See, there's a method to my madness. ;)

This should be a lot of fun, and hopefully informative as well. Can I just make one request? If I get to play too, can I PLEASE go before Om? I'd hate for a visitor to return after seeing his effort, and then return to find mine. (Unless you guys feel BGO is already getting too big.) :)

Sh*t....I didn't think about that. I wanna go before Om, too!

But not before Honorary Hog.....I think I can take that one.

:betterwink:

Although I DID enjoy his generous use of "white space".

No worries, gents. Om will only be participating in case of emergency. In fact, this is the only staff written version that will appear and this was only because it was first and we didn't think it was fair to make someone else write up Week 1 without having seen an example. So from here out will be 15 member written blogs.

No worries, gents. Om will only be participating in case of emergency. In fact, this is the only staff written version that will appear and this was only because it was first and we didn't think it was fair to make someone else write up Week 1 without having seen an example. So from here out will be 15 member written blogs.

Yep. You guys (and GALS!) hear plenty from us. We wanted this to be about what you think and what you feel. I'm excited to read these as the season goes on!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.