• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Albert Haynesworth on the Way out?

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Exhausted by the distraction and lack of effort from Albert Haynesworth, the Washington Redskins have once again gauged trade interest in the defensive tackle from his former team, the Tennessee Titans, according to team sources.

It is at least the second occasion the Redskins have had discussions regarding Haynesworth with the Titans since Mike Shanahan was named Washington's coach in January.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5542035

It is a shame that both Haynesworth and Shannahan cannot see eye to eye. It would be beneficial to all, but I guess that will not happen.

At this point, I just want the saga over. Get him out of here.

I'm the same way. Just get him off the team, one way or the other. It's like a divorce due to irreconcilable differences.

I think the line certainly would have been better if Fat Al had even put forth a half assed effort. But I guess he couldn't even muster that.

Get a ham sammich for him and move on

Sadly, even a half-assed effort from Al is likely better than a full-assed effort from anyone else. He demands attention and planning from the opposing offense, even if he is only playing halfway and his presence opens up opportunities for others.

He has become to much of a distraction. You can see it in the eyes and voices of players when asked about Big Al. Time to move on. Like others here, I have to say if he would give 80-100% effort we would be a better.

I guess I have a hard time understanding someone not giving 100%, especially with money he was paid. You would think his competitive spirit would kick in at some point. Guess he is just lazy.

I have a hard time understanding it as well riggins44.

McNabb said this morning that it is a distraction for the team.

The question is what is AH worth? I'd rather have his ass only out there on passing downs then a get a 3rd rounder.

I have a hard time understanding it as well riggins44.

McNabb said this morning that it is a distraction for the team.

I think you misread the line, heard him wrong, or just wishful thinking :)
From the article posted in the OP...

McNabb said players have grown accustomed to the drama that seems to follow Haynesworth wherever he goes, but it hasn't become a distraction.

That being said, could Shanny have the team so focused that it's really not a distraction ? From what I've seen of him thus far, it may not be out of the realm of reality. Of course, I would rather hear this from one of the leaders on defense, which would lend a bit more credibility to it in my book.

Maybe I did mis-read, because that is not what I remember (I read the OP's article). Anyways, I think I will provide a link next time so we can prove whether or not I am dunce. I thought it was Rotoworld, but I cannot find anything there.

Thanks for setting me straight. It definitely was not wishful thinking.

Maybe I did mis-read, because that is not what I remember (I read the OP's article). Anyways, I think I will provide a link next time so we can prove whether or not I am dunce. I thought it was Rotoworld, but I cannot find anything there.

Thanks for setting me straight. It definitely was not wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking was purely a joke, and not trying to set anybody straight. Your one of the last people I would call a dunce. I think McNabb is just trying to downplay what's going on behind closed doors.

"It's very distracting, but we try not to let it get to us," linebacker Brian Orakpo said Tuesday afternoon. "Because we're tired of talking about it, Albert's tired of talking about it, [Mike] Shanahan's tired of talking about it. Everybody is. We want to move on to be a normal team in this league and not worry about individualism. ...We got a big game coming up and we can't be worrying about No. 92 right now and all this speculation."

Full story

From the sound of it, it's starting to get to players.... "we try not to let it get to us". Key word... TRY At least BO sounds focused on his job.

Why is the way Al is acting so hard to understand.

We ALL knew what type of person and player he was when he came to the Skins.

Moving to DC certainly didn't automatically make him an upstanding individual.

He is what he is.

The $100 milion guarantee didn't change what he is and will be in the future.

Wishful thinking was purely a joke, and not trying to set anybody straight. Your one of the last people I would call a dunce. I think McNabb is just trying to downplay what's going on behind closed doors.

I was just joking (I did not think you were trying to set me straight)...hope I did not come off as a jerk. I am a very sarcastic/wanna be funny individual. It does not always translate well on message boards or in person for that matter.

Why is the way Al is acting so hard to understand.

We ALL knew what type of person and player he was when he came to the Skins.

Moving to DC certainly didn't automatically make him an upstanding individual.

He is what he is.

The $100 milion guarantee didn't change what he is and will be in the future.

That's an easy answer blondie. Neither Shanny nor Allen were here to acquire AH and his attitude. On top of that, they brought in new coaches who could care less what AH wanted. Of course, it was not what AH wanted at all, he took the signing money but who wouldn't have? The new management could not have known how AH was going to react to the new sheriff in town.

Shanny and Allen acted in good faith, but want AH to toe the hard line. That will never work, so I think coach and GM bear some of the blame. Sometimes you have to give an inch to gain a mile, take a step back to go forward two. But driving a hard line will get you what Schottenheimer got, an early exit. Shanny should know by now it is the results that count, not how pretty they look.

Sometimes you have to give an inch to gain a mile, take a step back to go forward two. But driving a hard line will get you what Schottenheimer got, an early exit. Shanny should know by now it is the results that count, not how pretty they look.

What is there to give? They are running a 3-4. AH does not want to ever line up at NT. That is the root of the problem, and you can't alter your scheme to placate one primadonna.

I was just joking (I did not think you were trying to set me straight)...hope I did not come off as a jerk. I am a very sarcastic/wanna be funny individual. It does not always translate well on message boards or in person for that matter.

No, you didn't come off like a jerk. We're good, just not good at reading each other.

But driving a hard line will get you what Schottenheimer got, an early exit.

I don't know Mick, I'm pretty sure that if Snyder didn't want a lot of control back after a season of sitting back and watching, Marty would have been around a few more seasons. The one season he was here, he cleaned up the roster to a good degree, and the team was showing discipline. His hard assed approach was working.

If Shanny caves in, he looses credibility with the entire team.

Allen just announced there is no trade.
GOOD! Can we please focus on the Cowpie's?

Now, for all of the praise Shan's gets for having total control of things, he's done a piss poor job if we continually have "sources" putting things out to the media.

Or, he's the source. Which would make him an equal ass, to Haynesworth.

Doc was hitting this point on the radio today. Better concentrate on Dallas, or we're gonna get our asses kicked Sunday night.

One ****ing way or the other, Shan's, put this crap to rest. You're the only one that can do it.

GOOD! Can we please focus on the Cowpie's?

Now, for all of the praise Shan's gets for having total control of things, he's done a piss poor job if we continually have "sources" putting things out to the media.

Or, he's the source. Which would make him an equal ass, to Haynesworth.

Doc was hitting this point on the radio today. Better concentrate on Dallas, or we're gonna get our asses kicked Sunday night.

One ****ing way or the other, Shan's, put this crap to rest. You're the only one that can do it.

you know...I was thinking the same thing the other day. The Skins are obviously talking to the Titans....but who is doing the leaking? and why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.