• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Virginia Tech Football -- Oh Hell Yeah

It was. Not sure that VT didn't get jobbed at the end there with the non-call on what looked like pass interference to me, but can't blame the official for not wanting to make that call on a 4th down play with the game on the line. Not to take anything away from Boise State - they played a great game.

I've been thinking about how certain calls are not made in the last minute or so of a game. To me, if it's interference, it's interference. What makes it any different of a penalty during the first minute of a game? I'm tired of this "they let them play during the last minute" stuff. It's not "playing" - it's getting away with something that should be called.

Sure, I wanted BSU to win. However, I wanted it to be a win that was not controversial. If the right call is made, we're probably looking at OT. More drama and more excitement.

Hard to argue. I guess some officials just don't want that responsibility. But I didn't think it was all that close - there was clearly contact before the ball got there. Surprised more VT fans weren't screaming about it to be honest.

Booo!

Go Noles! And yes Om, I believe I will be rooting for Boise St from the stands at FedEx Field this week! :)
Wow, something we can finally agree on. :)

I expect formal apologies from all you philistines after Tech finally puts this silly 'mid-majors should be allowed to play for the mythical BCS title' thing to rest tomorrow night.

Jesus. We better win. :paranoid:
My apologies in advance but perhaps you might consider changing the title of this thread to "OF: Terps Football -- Oh Hell Yeah!!"

...well, at least for one week anyway. :paranoid:

Was definitely bummed it didn't go into OT. It was one of those games you didn't want to end.

Was definitely bummed it didn't go into OT. It was one of those games you didn't want to end.

As I was watching VT make their second 1st down in the series prior to Bosie's game winning drive, having to be at work early, I made the decision to leave the stadium to beat traffic. :square: Big Mistake! I kept thinking as I heard this news that it was going to OT and I was a fool.

I have some great images from the game. Unfortunately, I shot them in Raw not jpeg and I don't have a program on my computer to read them so I haven't had the chance to upload them. Going to work now to get them off this card and in a format I can post here.

Yusuf, we agree on Redskins football too my man!

It must suck for you Tech fans that you're going to have two straight losses to start the season, huh?

Just one of the few I posted over in the BGO Gallery for anyone interested.

273_0200.jpg

Edit: Thanks Om!

Last edited:
E, I just checked out your pics at the Gallery. Awesome job!

Edit: I tried to attach an image from the VT v. Boise St game and it won't post. I reduced the size of the image to fit this board. What am I doing wrong?
You had an extra "http://" in there brother. Happens. :)

Sweet pics man. Still getting over the latest Hokie Swoon, but gotta admit it was at least entertaining. Your pics capture it well.

You had an extra "http://" in there brother. Happens. :)

Sweet pics man. Still getting over the latest Hokie Swoon, but gotta admit it was at least entertaining. Your pics capture it well.

Then it is a good thing I waited a few days, huh? Thanks for straightening that out Om!

Now the Hokies can't even beat Division 1-AA teams. :laugh:

Maybe all those fans who normally go to FedEx on Sunday with their Hokie shirts will put them away and show some burgundy.

It must suck for you Tech fans that you're going to have two straight losses to start the season, huh?

:paranoid:

Boone, I may need some help from you. I don't think Om is talking to me anymore...

:)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

:paranoid:

Boone, I may need some help from you. I don't think Om is talking to me anymore...

:)

What a great defensive performance by JMU. My brother has season tickets so I tend to make it down for a few games a year. Love it there. Cant wait to see the new additions to the stadium.

This is going to be huge for JMU recruiting. :claps::claps:

As a Terps fan I know where you are right now Om. However unlike us last year I think the Hokies will turn it around and have a decent season. So hang in there and stay away from sharp objects for a while.

Om will be fine :) The Gods are good, but they are also cruel. On a related note, DAMN my Cavaliers had so many chances to beat USC last night - they outplayed them in nearly every phase of the game but managed to make enough bone-headed mistakes to give it away. Still - I like what I'm seeing in the early Mike London era. The Hokies? They'll be back. They're too good not to be.

Despite appearance, I haven't been ducking this thread. No really. :cool:

I had written up one of those quick "synaptic shotgun" blurbs about VT to post after the Boise State game. Never finished the rest of the post though, so I never published it. After yesterday's debacle I think it's even more apt.

Virginia Tech loses to Boise St.

Uniforms? Shudder.

First quarter performance? Dunno, didn't see one.

Heart? Sure, as always. Brains? Not really, as has become the sad reality under the wonderful, maxed-out Frank Beamer.

Same old problems. Lots of "skill" players, not enough meat on the line...Beamer's inexplicable blind spot (OC Bryan Stinespring), still there, still directing an unimaginative, not-ready-for-primetime offense run by an "athlete" who is not a quarterback...too many self-inflicted wounds; penalties, missed assignments, etc.

And the usual luck of the Hokies.

Love you Frank. You put us on the map and we will never forget that. But you've taken the program as far as you can. Just good enough to break your heart.
And that's all I have to say about that.

The Hokies? They'll be back. They're too good not to be.

Eh.

Not really.

The team is awful in the trenches, both lines got pushed around in both games so far. The secondary is weak and Bud Foster clearly has his work cut out for him. Awful, awful tackling so far and the team has bitten on play fakes like they put money on us losing.

The offense has talent, but not along the line. Tyrod seems to have regressed from last year, especially in his passing.

The coaching staff was clearly unprepared for JMU which is totally inexcusable.

OM is right, Frank has to go. If he really loves the school he'll step down and let Bud Foster take over...and fire every single person on the offensive coaching staff.

I think we'll win a maximum of 3 games this year. I wish I was kidding.

I am dying on the inside with this season

Lost my voice at the Boise game (and damn was FedEx special that night) and am just sick with the performance against JMU

I tend not to be an overreaction guy, but IMO its time for the whole staff to go

Go Doooooooooooks!!!!

Man I thought the Redskins were doomed for sure. First time I think I've hit the football trifecta in a long long time. JMU beats Tech (can't believe how far that program has come since I was there and non one even bothered going in to games), OSU beats Miami, and then the Pukes went down in flames...Ahh what a weekend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.