• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN "Expert" Predictions (bump from 2010)

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Nice to see noted Skins fan and Fantasy guru Matthew Berry (Talented Mr. Roto) picking the Skins as a Wild Card team. Other than that, it's better to catch teams by surprise. I still refuse to go higher than 8-8 (+5 for the new coaching staff and -1 for the tough schedule) for my season prediction, even though the optimist in me desperately wants to scream 11-5.

All of the NFC East teams have question marks IMO. This division is a toss up, any team has a chance of winning it.

I'm with Mike. Good, I don't want the love. We always fail when we get love.

No love + no respect from the media = easier to exceed expectations. It's better to have opposing coaches rant that we were who they thought we were (and they repeatedly let us off the hook :) ).

To be fair (although I question the expert opinion of ESPN's experts), I have the Redskins at 8-8. If they do better, well that's gravy.

But I'm not sold on either the Giants or Eagles and I really think the Skins have a legitimate chance to go after the east if Dallas struggles and Washington clicks, stays healthy and gets lucky.

But I'm sticking with 8-8

I've had us pegged at 8-8 to 9-7 but I believe if we come out strong during the opener we ride some momentum get a strong start to finish 10-6. No one in the NFC east is a scary team and all have glaring issues.

One thing jumped out at me in an interesting category-Coach of the Year predictions.

Jeffri Chadiha picked Rex Ryan.

No accounting for taste, I guess.

10-6 is my prediction, but it all depends on injuries by us and injuries to others. Injuries are very key in the NFL because of the balance in teams.

Gonna have to differ here guys. The Giants won the Super Bowl. We won 5 games.

And you seriously expect someone to call for US to win the division?

Doesn't make much sense...

I wouldn't pick the Redskins to win the division either.

That said, what's with the Cowboy love? Don't people ever get sick of picking them? Sheesh.

EDIT: I see these were 2010 predictions. Someone warn us when there's a bump like that. :)

I wouldn't pick the Redskins to win the division either.

That said, what's with the Cowboy love? Don't people ever get sick of picking them? Sheesh.

Maybe because of the incredible run the Cowboys had in e playoffs last year to make the Super Bowl and beat a favored team.

Oh, wait. That's not quite what happened, is it? Or more apropos, that's not WHO happened.

How are the Giants not the automatic favorites?

As for the Skins, eh. I have no problem with the picks. I have a feeling we will be picked to win the Beast a lot more often in the next decade...

Gonna have to differ here guys. The Giants won the Super Bowl. We won 5 games.

And you seriously expect someone to call for US to win the division?

Doesn't make much sense...

Right but, 2 of those 5 wins came against the SB champs and neither game was even close. I think the division is up for grabs, but having said that I think our team is 8-8 next year. If they do better I will be happy but not surprised. Should they do worse, I prefer not to think about that.

I'm not saying we can't compete or even win the division - anything is possible, and we see proof of that every year in the NFL. But there's no reason an 'expert' should believe the 5 win team is superior to the other teams in our division. None.

We beat the G-men but we also had a mid-season stretch where lost 7-8 games (including losing to the Dolphins and Panthers). We even managed to lost to the Vikings. I can't blame anyone who sees us unlikely to compete for the division title.

Last edited:
I would love to see us crush this year. I'm more concerned about two to five years in the future. The thought of Kyle(wild about Beck, Chris Simms tattoo) actually becoming HC and trying to evaluate talent, or having Snyder run another HC search literally makes my stomach hurt. How is this going to work out in the end?

Boone, I think you and I are in full agreement on this issue. I am not betting my house but have optimism that we (hopefully) no longer have a turnover machine as our starting QB. And this will help to the tune of at least 3 (more) wins...

I'm more optimistic than I sound. I think with even decent QB-ing last year, we could have been a .500 team, perhaps even snuck in as a wildcard team. I just don't expect any one whose not a rabid Skins fan to believe it :)

I'm sick of hoping year after year that some move we made will result in us suddenly being contenders for the division or anything else. Them days for me are over. For now, it's baby steps, and 7-8 wins to me would be a needed step in the right direction. If anything happens after that, it's just a bonus.

And if there is really anyone who thinks adding Griffin will win us the division this year, I like your enthusiasm, but slow down and pay attention - we still have a lot of holes. No matter how good Griffin is, he can't plug them all.

Now if we aren't division contenders in 2 years, and SB contenders in 5, then I'll be pissed off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.