• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Via Mike Jones Twitter: Dennis Morris traded to Rams

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://www.twitter.com/MikeJonesTBD

a second Redskin said Morris traded to St. Louis, but wasnt sure for what.
less than 5 seconds ago via txt .

FB/TE Dennis Morris was traded to St Louis this a.m. a teammate said.
4 minutes ago via txt

I hit the link, and it said a conditional trade for LB Davis, who is being evaluated now.

It also said that Kelly had a setback today.... I'd say he's gone, unless they go with IR or practice squad to hang onto him. I'd just send him packin, and move forward.

Looks like it will be a conditional draft pick. Guess we will know soon enough.

RedskinsDotCom #Redskins have traded FB/TE Dennis Morris to St. Louis Rams for conditional draft pick. Morris was Redskins' 6th-round pick last April. less than 20 seconds ago via web

RedskinsInsider

1. Davis, who stands 6-foot-4, 273 pounds is a rookie out of Louisiana-Lafeyette half a minute ago via web
2. The Redskins are evaluating Hall Davis, who the Rams listed as a DE but Shanahan called a LB

Rich_Campbell If Malcolm Kelly's hamstring injury is serious, injured reserve could come into play if the #Redskins want to protect his rights. half a minute ago via TweetDeck

Rich_Campbell Shanahan: #Redskins are evaluating LB/DE Hall Davis, a rookie 5th rounder, as possible compensation for trading TE/FB Dennis Morris to STL. half a minute ago via TweetDeck

Ok, so it sounds like this...

If the coaches like Davis, then that is the trade. If not, then it would be for a draft pick.

But what do I know? Bah.

I would think the IR is a no-brainer for Kelly if they have held onto him this long.

As for the trade, it is nice to see the FO taking advantage of the leverage they have in trades.

The redskins should put kelly on IR, I've been saying this since the beginning of training camp that kelly needs surgery and won't play until next season.

As for Dennis Morris, the highlights got me excited but he couldnt pick up the offense in time enough to make an impact. He can block and good pass catcher but the redskins need experience and TE/FB position its too critical a position in our offense.

Reed Doughty should be cut in favor of Tyrone Carter (FS)

jackandersonIII

The Rams received the 135th selection in a trade with the #Redskins for defensive lineman Adam Carriker (the 13th overall pick in 2007). 1 minute ago via web

jackandersonIII So the #Redskins got Davis and Carriker in a deal they made for just Carriker. And they swapped picks and Dennis Morris to get them. half a minute ago via web

Uh, ok.

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2010/08...-2010-picks-in-conditional-deal#ixzz0y7JBCEba

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — The Washington Redskins have sent sixth-round draft pick Dennis Morris to the St. Louis Rams in a conditional trade.

In exchange, the Rams have sent fifth-round selection Hall Davis to Washington.

Davis, from Louisiana-Lafayette, was at Redskins Park on Monday. He was listed as a defensive end with the Rams, but he would play linebacker with the Redskins.

Coach Mike Shanahan said he will look at Hall over the few days before the final cuts are made Saturday.

Morris, from Louisiana Tech, worked at tight end and fullback for the Redskins in training camp. Shanahan said Morris wasn’t going to make the 53-man roster.

The redskins should put kelly on IR, I've been saying this since the beginning of training camp that kelly needs surgery and won't play until next season.

As for Dennis Morris, the highlights got me excited but he couldnt pick up the offense in time enough to make an impact. He can block and good pass catcher but the redskins need experience and TE/FB position its too critical a position in our offense.

Reed Doughty should be cut in favor of Tyrone Carter (FS)

So you think we should hold onto a receiver who's done nothing since drafted by putting him on IR, and cut a guy who's actually played well for us in Doughty. I'm not following your logic here.

Rich_Campbell
Redskins PR: Two separate trades today: WAS traded Dennis Morris to STL for a conditional pick; WAS traded a cond pick to STL for Hall Davis

Ok, so it is two separate transactions. Weird. Makes more sense than a porcupine in a balloon factory. But somehow, you get the feeling that Bruce Allen got the better end of the deal.

So you think we should hold onto a receiver who's done nothing since drafted by putting him on IR, and cut a guy who's actually played well for us in Doughty. I'm not following your logic here.

Kelly on IR doesnt take up roster spot (young WR with upside)

Doughty is garbage in coverage (small OLB in NFL)

Carter knows the defense and played ALOT better than doughty during jets game, showed alot more range and play making ability.

why did u pick parts of my quote? where is your logic? :yawnee:

Kelly on IR doesnt take up roster spot (young WR with upside)

Doughty is garbage in coverage (small OLB in NFL)

Carter knows the defense and played ALOT better than doughty during jets game, showed alot more range and play making ability.

why did u pick parts of my quote? where is your logic? :yawnee:

I quoted your entire post, so where you last statement came from is beyond me. Maybe, I had nothing to say about Morris, so I only commented on Kelly and Doughty. Hmmmm I wonder...

No **** it saves a roster spot Mr Obvious. :yawnee:

Could you please show me some proof that Kelly has an "UP SIDE." I've been waiting for two seasons now to see this up side. Youth is a great thing, but availability is a pretty important factor in the NFL. There's no guarantee he will produce after a year off, and has a sketchy running record to support that idea. Cutting him saves us a roster spot, and we could keep both Doughty and Carter.

Doughty is versatile, having played strong and free safety, and is generally regarded as one of the better tackling players in our secondary. He's learning a new system like the majority of the players on D. With the type of rotation we're expecting, both could easily find themselves getting playing time until Moore is healthy. Carter was brought in to fill a void, but he still needs a back up if he goes down to injury. Cutting Doughty leaves us thin at free safety, so again, I don't see the logic in it.

Kelly has done absolutely NOTHING to show Shanahan that he is deserving of a roster spot. Many of us think he has shown enough in the past to deserve a shot next year by going on IR. The problem is, Shanahan is not part of our past so he can only go by what HE has seen. I really don't have a problem with whatever Mike decides.

Personally, I would put him on IR because I can just see one of our division rivals picking him up at some point just to get insight into our offense. Reid and Coughlin have done it in the past and I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to try to gain an advantage, especially after the way his team has played during preseason.

Reed's a decent safety who plays special teams, cutting him just doesn't make sense. Kelly to IR makes more sense than ice cream on a summer day.

Personally, I would put him on IR because I can just see one of our division rivals picking him up at some point just to get insight into our offense. Reid and Coughlin have done it in the past and I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to try to gain an advantage, especially after the way his team has played during preseason.

You make a solid point Jimbo about rival teams. Is that enough reason alone to keep the guy hanging around ? Personally, I don't think so.

You make a solid point Jimbo about rival teams. Is that enough reason alone to keep the guy hanging around ? Personally, I don't think so.

Miles, it very well may not be a good enough reason for Mike to put him on IR. They could also grab a guy like Roydell Williams, who's healthy, and pick his brain too.

Like I said, I won't have a problem with whatever Mike decides considering Kelly won't be contributing this year anyway.

Just went back and watched Morris' Youtube video again. Whoever put that together did a GREAT job. I'm surprised he didn't pan out and even more surprised I never even saw him play. He may have been in a game but I sure as heck don't recall hearing his name.

Yeah z0e, I'll have to kindly disagree with you on doughty. He's always been a solid backup and Special Teamer for us. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in smarts and effort. He'll whiff every now and again, but the same could be said for a lot of our starters. Some less than others.

I wouldn't care if they put Kelly on IR or released him. I would like it if he miraculously healed AND had a hugely successful season. I'm not keeping my hopes up though. I feel bad for the man. Zorn happened to him plus the dude just can't stay healthy. I think it's fair to say that we haven't seen what he can do when he is played to his strengths.... what ever they are/have become.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.