• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

There are still a few reminders from the Vinny Era which need to go............

@DCGoldPants

The Rookie
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that for the most part, the Skins under Shanny and Allen have been much improved from the Vinny years.

That doesn't mean we should have expected everything to go smoothly, or that everything is always going to be perfect.

-They listened to the fans when we really wanted Vinny gone.
-They finally installed better video boards.
-They drafted an OL in the 1st round, and got a Vet QB for the Vet coach.

I will admit they've done a lot of things right these past months.

However, there are still pieces of this organization which are very visible and who still represent what was wrong with the Washington Redskins.

#1. is David Donovan. This is the gentleman last fall who had to go out on the radio and explain all the shady activities from the Skins when it came to suing fans, taking back tickets and reselling them. Also, he is the guy that had to explain how the whole ticket-gate fiasco with the ticket brokers was a few people, and not the whole ticket office. For the record, I still believe that to be completed garbage.

#2. is Larry Michael. This guy has used car salesman all over his face. At best he's average on gamedays. He also rarely sets up his partners very well. Of course Sam is slipping and Sonny sounds just sick of the whole situation. You could go back to his radio show on 980 where he claimed reporters were spies for the Cowboys, that he'd take Jason Campbell over Peyton Manning because Manning was "due" for injury. Or, you could go to his Redskins Nation show on Comcast that is twice the garbage. At least on the radio he had Bram trying to be realistic. How many times is he going to read emails from fans saying how great the show is, to ignore the haters, and then get angry at the camera about how only his show is where you get unbiased information. Really? I would think his show is the one place you know you would only get biased information. This dude has been giving Baghdad Bob a run for his money. Bottom line is, Larry Michael is bad for the long term health of the Washington Redskins if they are really trying to turn the page here.

Bruce....Mike.....Dan......do yourselves a favor and show these two guys the door before opening day. They are doing more harm than good.

xoxo

Uncle Wheat
:anonymous:

It's gonna take time to get rid of all the riff raff. There are some players that need to be added to that list as well.

And I'm sorry to say, but it's time for the booth to get a re-vamp. Sonny is the only one I'd be interested in keeping, and I don't think he'd go on without Sam

Larry (danny sock puppet) Michaels can hit the road yesterday

It's gonna take time to get rid of all the riff raff. There are some players that need to be added to that list as well.

And I'm sorry to say, but it's time for the booth to get a re-vamp. Sonny is the only one I'd be interested in keeping, and I don't think he'd go on without Sam

Larry (danny sock puppet) Michaels can hit the road yesterday

When it comes to players, I 100% agree. It takes time to phase out the guys who are bad for the system. I do feel that they should work Haynesworth like a dog, "disease" or not. He took that check and didn't work for it.

I also agree with the booth. full turnover is needed. Find a nice 2 man booth with guys who are smart, sound clear, and can be critical but not over the top. There is no law that says you need an ex-player in the booth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.