• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Redskins' executive director of communications leaves organization

BGO

Zack Bolno, the Redskins' executive director of communications the past two seasons, has abruptly left the organization, people familiar with the situation said Sunday afternoon. Bolno, formerly the Wizards' director of communications, performed his usual duties in the press box Saturday night during a 23-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens at FedEx Field. Attempts to contact Bolno were unsuccessful. Bolno's tenure with the organization coincided with that of former coach Jim Zorn, who went 12-20 and was fired at the end of the 2009 season. Contacted on his cell phone, Tony Wyllie, senior vice president, would only confirm Bolno is no longer is with the organization, saying the team does not discuss personnel matters. Wyllie joined the organization in May. Formerly a vice president with the Houston Texans, Wyllie has retained Michael Pehanich and Matt Taylor from Bolno's staff, and he recently promoted Taylor. It is not known whether the

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

img.phdo
Baltimore Ravens - Washington Redskins - Houston Texans - Jim Zorn - FedExField

More...

Did anyone see the REDSKIN bus in the area? Is Bolno under it?

Wow. That is very surprising, gotta be an interesting story there. Skins can't seem to keep this position filled. Too bad, never heard anything but praise for this guy.

I think this HAS to have something to do with the Haynesworth situation, no?

I believe they've said that it doesn't, but come on. The timing is striking.

EatSleep I'd have to agree, now can they fire the jerkhole who played HTTR after the Ravens td last night as well.....

Read the update. It says "ask the Redskins why"

I imagine he had to sign a confidentiality agreement when he was hired, so he can't legally say anything to anyone.

Bet he becomes the fall guy for a multitude of Redskin sins

But will anyone believe it?

Lots of compliments.

OK, maybe I don't understand it enough, but wouldn't it be a bad thing for the press to give a PR man such glowing praise? That to me suggests they always got what they want out of him, a story that sells. If I am the Redskins, do I want my PR man to be giving the media so much?

OK, maybe I don't understand it enough, but wouldn't it be a bad thing for the press to give a PR man such glowing praise? That to me suggests they always got what they want out of him, a story that sells. If I am the Redskins, do I want my PR man to be giving the media so much?

From the team's perspective, yes, I suppose there is a line that PR folks shouldn't cross. Theoretically, this could have been one of those "team sources." I don't know any of the details here, either.

It also could suggest someone who did not take the antagonistic approach with the media that seems to have been so prevalent over the past decade. There Rae nice ways to say "no" when media ask too many questions, without ticking them off. Considering the more positive press we have had in the last couple of years, seems to me maybe this guy was good at his job.

Probably never k now for sure though.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

For whatever reason, Snyder has been an ass to everyone that has filled that position. One girl in 2000 lasted all of about two weeks.

Par for the course in dannyville. Some things never change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.