• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Orakpo is on board.

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Orakpo has signed his redskins contract per Matt Terl's twitter feed

Well that's a relief. Hope he is close by so he doesn't miss anymore time with the team.

:claps: :thumbsup: :thewave:

Great news. Happened quicker than I thought it would.

Yep. Holdouts=bad, especially for a rook. This is very good news. I'm betting he's suited up by tomorrow afternoon.

Very good news indeed, from what I've read, it's a 5 year deal. Methinks that maybe the rookie was on redskins.com and watching a certain video interview by his DC :).

BTW, whoever did the graphics for the standard BGO avatar/logo did an absolutely amazing job, it's understated but very classy! :claps:

Last edited:
Excellent. He didn't need to lose any more time while trying to learn a new position

Great news to wake up too. Time for the playoff run.

I like the deal. Not too bad. The interesting part will be to watch Orakpo progress at OLB. At least he didn't tick off Blache too much.

Orako's contract:
Working well into Thursday evening, the Washington Redskins reached a five-year deal with first-round draft pick Brian Orakpo.

The deal, which Orakpo signed Friday morning, calls for $12.1 million guaranteed.

Orapko became the 11th first-round pick to reach an agreement. After two days of training camp, the Redskins have all of their draft choices under contract and were expected to practice Friday with the entire team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4367915
"This was more nerve-racking than actually being drafted," Orakpo told the team's Web site. "You really want to get in because you know your teammates are there working and you want to get in to get started to have a miraculous season."

CLICK LINK FOR COMPLETE ARTICLE

Missing one day? Not bad.

Here's the one thing that people very rarely give Snyder credit for...

He gets his rookies in camp.

That's a huge positive on his part. He's got a bunch of negatives, but I like to give dues where they are necessary. Great job on this one, front office. Well done.

I'll admit to being pleasantly surprised when I heard ... I'd steeled myself for at least a few days of speculation and that he'd come in some time early next week. Wasn't overly concerned about that much missed time, but still, given how much we need what the man can potentially bring to the table on the field from day one, the idea that's he'd miss any time was worrisome.

What this quick deal suggests to me is the man has his head on straight, that the Redskins understand the big picture and knew they needed to get it done, and perhaps most importantly ... that the early karma surrounding this season is positive. Just a good feel all around to this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4367915
"This was more nerve-racking than actually being drafted," Orakpo told the team's Web site. "You really want to get in because you know your teammates are there working and you want to get in to get started to have a miraculous season."
I guess it would be an understatement to say Orakpo is a glass half-full kinda guy. :cool4:

I'm really glad he's finally on board. The sooner he and Jarmon develop into bookend QB terrors the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.