• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins: Training Camp Day 1 Comments (Coach Blache)

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Click here to read comments by Defensive Coordinator Greg Blache from Day 1 of Washington Redskins Training Camp.

Courtesy of the Washington Redskins

Last edited:
On if he has high expectations of Andre Carter:
“Honestly, yeah, Andre has been everything I expected him to be. I see how he plays, and I know he has his critics out there, but those are not knowledgeable people. Knowledgeable people recognize what Andre brings to the table.”

On Chris Wilson’s progress at the strongside linebacker position:
"You know, I complimented [linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti] this morning on the phenomenal job he's done with Wilson, because he's playing better at [strong side linebacker], in my opinion, than he ever played at defensive end. KO's done a much better job coaching him than I’ve ever done. That's why I tell him, he gets Coach of the Month Award, because he's got Wilson playing so well. I mean, Wilson's playing the best football he's played since he's been here with us."

Nice to hear comments like this about two of my favorite Skis players. AC was a lame duck last season paired with Taylor. I'm expecting a lot out of him this season.

I just love Chris Wilson. He's my kind of player, quite the opportunist when ever he hits the field. He plays with so much energy, and really loves the game. So many over time have said he's too small, and every other thing to knock him down. I said from the first time I saw him play, he has a bright future, and hopefully with the Skins.

On Kevin Barnes:
“Well he’s a rookie, and so he played like a rookie. Quite honestly, he’ll be out there and make a great play, but then he’ll make a mistake and you’ll just think to yourself, 'Son, that’s just not the way it’s supposed to happen.’ He is a classic, typical rookie. And that’s not a compliment.”
:rotflmao: Nothing makes a guy want to get better more than a quote like this from the DC.

Nice to hear comments like this about two of my favorite Skis players. AC was a lame duck last season paired with Taylor. I'm expecting a lot out of him this season.

I just love Chris Wilson. He's my kind of player, quite the opportunist when ever he hits the field. He plays with so much energy, and really loves the game. So many over time have said he's too small, and every other thing to knock him down. I said from the first time I saw him play, he has a bright future, and hopefully with the Skins.
Wilson is a guy I like a lot also. Prior to the Jason Taylor trade fiasco, I was looking at the Daniels injury as a great opportunity for him to show what he's got.

If Wilson ends up working out at SLB, that's excellent news for a variety of reasons. First, it would mean Orakpo could spend more time at his natural DE position. Second, it would allow us to do some really creative stuff to confuse opposing OL by rushing the passer with one or the other....or both.
tongue.gif

I know it's still early, but as worrisome as the news on the OL has been so far, the news on the defensive side of the ball has been 180 degrees the other way. Overall that's not great, but it certainly is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
instigate.gif

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.