A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Injuries or not, this one we gotta have.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Thumbs up Redskins: Training Camp Day 1 Comments (Coach Blache)

Click here to read comments by Defensive Coordinator Greg Blache from Day 1 of Washington Redskins Training Camp.

Courtesy of the Washington Redskins
    Last edited by Boone; 07-30-09 at 09:17 PM.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On if he has high expectations of Andre Carter:
    Honestly, yeah, Andre has been everything I expected him to be. I see how he plays, and I know he has his critics out there, but those are not knowledgeable people. Knowledgeable people recognize what Andre brings to the table.

On Chris Wilsons progress at the strongside linebacker position:
    "You know, I complimented [linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti] this morning on the phenomenal job he's done with Wilson, because he's playing better at [strong side linebacker], in my opinion, than he ever played at defensive end. KO's done a much better job coaching him than Ive ever done. That's why I tell him, he gets Coach of the Month Award, because he's got Wilson playing so well. I mean, Wilson's playing the best football he's played since he's been here with us."
    Nice to hear comments like this about two of my favorite Skis players. AC was a lame duck last season paired with Taylor. I'm expecting a lot out of him this season.

I just love Chris Wilson. He's my kind of player, quite the opportunist when ever he hits the field. He plays with so much energy, and really loves the game. So many over time have said he's too small, and every other thing to knock him down. I said from the first time I saw him play, he has a bright future, and hopefully with the Skins.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

[QUOTE]On Kevin Barnes:
    Well hes a rookie, and so he played like a rookie. Quite honestly, hell be out there and make a great play, but then hell make a mistake and youll just think to yourself, Son, thats just not the way its supposed to happen. He is a classic, typical rookie. And thats not a compliment.[QUOTE]

Nothing makes a guy want to get better more than a quote like this from the DC.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Monroe View Post
    Nice to hear comments like this about two of my favorite Skis players. AC was a lame duck last season paired with Taylor. I'm expecting a lot out of him this season.

I just love Chris Wilson. He's my kind of player, quite the opportunist when ever he hits the field. He plays with so much energy, and really loves the game. So many over time have said he's too small, and every other thing to knock him down. I said from the first time I saw him play, he has a bright future, and hopefully with the Skins.
    Wilson is a guy I like a lot also. Prior to the Jason Taylor trade fiasco, I was looking at the Daniels injury as a great opportunity for him to show what he's got.

If Wilson ends up working out at SLB, that's excellent news for a variety of reasons. First, it would mean Orakpo could spend more time at his natural DE position. Second, it would allow us to do some really creative stuff to confuse opposing OL by rushing the passer with one or the other....or both.

I know it's still early, but as worrisome as the news on the OL has been so far, the news on the defensive side of the ball has been 180 degrees the other way. Overall that's not great, but it certainly is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    Last edited by Yusuf06; 07-31-09 at 03:09 PM.
    0 0 0 0