• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Honoring the Redskins Performance in their first preseason game through Anchorman?

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Yes, this is gimicky. Yes, it is probably something Bill Simmons would do or has already done.

But he hasn't done it about the Redskins, darn it!

So I'm going to pull some random quotes from the best comedy of the 2000's and apply them to the Redskins. Those of you who enjoy coarse, repetitive male humor might think this is funny. Those with more refined sensibilities, might I suggest Boone's or Om's blog?

In honor of our opponent, the Buffalo Bills:
Veronica Corningstone: My God, what is that smell? Oh.
Brian Fantana: That's the smell of desire my lady.
Veronica Corningstone: God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food. Oh, excuse me.
Brian Fantana: You know, desire smells like that to some people
News Station Employee: What is that? Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

Good Lord the Bills looked awful. That is really the one thing that tempers my enthusiasm the most about the results of the game last night. Seriously, terrible looking. Like they might struggle to win 4 games terrible. I would like to think we were that dominate, but there was more than a passing resemblence to my high school football team, which won a grand total of 4 games during my four (not five smart asses) years there. Go Panthers!

More...

What, you guys can't say one thing? Even the guy that can't think said something. You guys just stand there? Come on.

Nice work, GD. :)

And yeah, the Bills did look pretty bad. The Ravens are unlikely to go belly up next week like they did. Which is a good thing. This Redskins team has a chance to be good--hate to see them get ahead of themselves between the ears based on a beatdown of a JV squad like Chan Gailey brought here.

So many great quotes in that movie, I'll come back for more, promise.

Hopefully Shanahan will keep the confidence up, without letting the team get cocky. The Bills were God-awful, that was an embarrassment.

Having said that, it sure was nice to be on the winning side of a beat down, even if it was during the preseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.