• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: Washington Redskins 42 - Buffalo Bills 17

I'm feeling a bit better about McNabb. He looks slimmer and more nimble then the past few years. The QB play is definately improved. Balls actually being released before the receiver breaks. A couple of nice timing plays and some that just wouldn't have been made the past few years.

Banks run back was sweet. He's a smart runner. He ran the kicker off the sideline to give himself room to manuever. Hopefully we'll see more of that.

AH had some good movement. Blew it with a spin move that allowed a nice run, but I think he'll be quite disruptive.

Overall it was nice to watch a Redskins team hand out a beating, even if it is preseason. I'll take it when I can get it. :) This might be the year I switch from Dish Network to Direct TV so I can get the package.

It was nice...I am going to feel good about that game no matter how inconsequential it was. How many times the last several years have the 'Skins looked like the Bills did last night in preseason. My team is on the other side of it this time..Hail.

The Armstrong TD and the Davis TD were a breath away from being failures, but they succeeded. That was a very good sign to me. Also the fact that all 3 units were pretty shaky to start, but seemed to regroup, coalesce and settle in was a great sign.

Now will there be a similar showing in the next game, or will the Ravens throw salt in our vanilla scheme.? My interest is piqued.

Good question, BD. I know Shanahan's evaluating for final roster selections, and I also know he doesn't want to reveal too much too soon as far as the full scope of the scheme, but the Ravens are a different ball game. I watched the first half of their preseason opener against the Panthers and, for one thing, Flacco looks noticeably improved (Whatcha been doin' there, Zorn, some QB coaching perhaps?). His footwork is better, and his release is quicker. The Raves have a massive OL and their D blitzed a lot but the Panthers pass-pro really wasn't good. Right now, though, the Ravens are beset by injuries being without Kindle, Foxworth, and Reed.

Mark Bulger didn't look good at all. Clayton, Boldin and Stallworth could give our secondary some interesting things to deal with. Should be interesting....and possibly revealing.

My wife looked up from reading her book and said "WOW, it is so weird to see the Skins actually winning a game". Before I had a chance to tell her to hush, I stopped and thought about it and came to conclusion that she was actually right.

The Shanahan/McNabb got started out on a very nice note!

I need to research this, but I'm pretty sure the offense had more plays of 20+ yards last night than all of the past season combined. I remember last season we had a ridiculously low total.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I need to research this, but I'm pretty sure the offense had more plays of 20+ yards last night than all of the past season combined. I remember last season we had a ridiculously low total.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Lanky, I thought I'd help save you some effort and went digging throught NFL.com's stat pages. What I found shocked even me.

During the 2009 regular season, the Redskins had 43 pass plays of 20 yards or more which tied us with, get this, the Patriots and Broncos! I know, it's hard to believe. Link:http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&archive=true&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_20PLUS_YARDS_EACH&d-447263-n=1&season=2009&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1

Rushing was far different-only 4 rushing plays of 20 yards or more all season-this tied us with the Colts who were notorious for not having a running game.

In the Bills game, we had 4 pass plays for 20+ yards. Only the Pats and Iggles had more in a single preseason game so far-5 for the Iggles and 7 for the Pats. The Cowburps have 5 but it took them 2 games.

I guess the one think that worries me is "Osaka". Only difference is this time I wasn't thinking to myself, this new philosophical approach to football may work-rather, I was thinking, it's good to see everyone simply executing their assignments--working as a team in all three phases of the game. And hey, it wasn't bad seeng the guys have a little fun on the sideline for a change either..

Gibbs II had some moments, but I think this team may have "it".

The Armstrong TD and the Davis TD were a breath away from being failures, but they succeeded. That was a very good sign to me. Also the fact that all 3 units were pretty shaky to start, but seemed to regroup, coalesce and settle in was a great sign.

Armstrong TD looked legit to me, and the Davis TD? I will go with the words of the much more loquacious Om:

"The double-standard rule seems to be applying itself here: if Peyton Manning makes that throw it's just another example of his genius. If it's a guy with Grossman's baggage, it's lucky."

That was a money NFL throw, which Grossman has proven he can make time and time again - its just the boneheaded throws he likes to sprinkle in at inopportune times that give him his rep.

There are so many plays in the NFL that could go either way. You need a certain amount of luck to suceed. I thought Grossman played great the other night and loved the Davis play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.