• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: Synaptic Shotgun 8.13.10 - GAME DAY

Don't let this be Osaka. Please.

But good job on many fronts.

If this was a fight they'd stop it.

Nice route running by Thomas.

This is ugly. My wife (diehard lifelong Red Sox fan) keeps screaming that it's only preaseaon! She contends we have ti look for the negative in everything.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I also said early on, Rex Grossman could be one of the best backup QBs in the league. Former head-case? Yep. But the guy can play when his head is right. I like what Kyle Shanahan has done with him. And I think, if Mcnabb goes down this year, our season will still have a glimmer of hope.

I know.
Crazy talk.

But I like Grossman. That puts me in a distinct minority, but I'll stick to my guns on him.

Quick hits while I pass by the computer:

- Cooley still has it and the TE is going to be as big or bigger for McNabb in Washington as it was in Philly

- Thomas and Kelly could both be in trouble.

- Rex is one lucky dude.

- It is nearly unfair for anyone to have lineup opposite Albert.

- Riley looks like he could be a player.

- Banks is a heart attack on every play he is in, sometimes good and sometimes bad but always exciting.

- That Torain kid will make the team.

3 and out with Beck. Damn it! We should have kept Colt!

:paranoid:
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Every year, I'm amazed he's still calling games. True story: when I was covering games for another website, was in the hotel bar a few feet from Sonny, Sam, and a couple guys from the team. Sportscenter was playing some Redskins highlights as part of pre-game coverage.

'Hey - look at that lefty throw the ball! He should be starting!' said Huff

'Jesus Sam - that's Mark Brunell! He is starting.' said Sonny.

'Oh' said Sam.

Enough said. Great former Redskin. Very nice man. Great Redskins broadcaster. But all good things have to come to an end. Contrary to what many fans think, Larry Michael is solid. Huff is the one who needs to go. Like last year.

O.K., when was the last time the Redskins scored over 40 points in any game pre-season, regular season, or post season?

It was nice to spend some time this evening with ya'll. A good thread with knowledgeable football fans. I didn't have to scroll back fourteen pages to see where I posted six seconds ago. :)

Good start tonight. Very good start.

Well, at the very least it's nice to think 'don't get too excited. Pre-season means nothing' rather than 'don't get depressed. Pre-season means nothing.'

Very very nice showing for the first outing. I'm going to try not to get too excited, because pre-season means nothing. :D

Well, at the very least it's nice to think 'don't get too excited. Pre-season means nothing' rather than 'don't get depressed. Pre-season means nothing.'

Very very nice showing for the first outing. I'm going to try not to get too excited, because pre-season means nothing. :D

Ding!

Post of the night :cheers:

All I can say is it's probably a GOOD thing there are still four preseason game. With so many good things happening this game, evaluations are gonna be tough although that third string Defense left a lot to be desired.

My quick hits:

Hard to tell if the Skins are that good or the Bills are that bad but first blush has me thinking a little of both.

O-Line played well as a whole although I was a little disappointed in the blocking on Maybin after Trent Williams life the game. Speaking of Williams, EXCELLENT start to his career.

The running game, compared to last year, will be like Night and Day.

The 3-4 looked pretty good initially and got some nice pressure but, as we all figured, it's still a work in progress. We won't become dominant overnight but you sure can see the groundwork.

Keiland Williams likely assured himself of at least a spot on the practice squad. There is just no quit in the guy.

After that silly attempt to catch the kickoff, Devin Thomas redeemed himself. Sure it was against backups but he made the most of his chances. He's gonna have to keep that up to make the team.

If the Comb does not play next week, and LOOK GOOD, he's a goner.

Don't know if Grant Paulson will make the team but I purposely watched his blocking. He already may be our best blocking TE. He looked very good on that last TD drive.

After Keiland Williams caught that 35 yard pass from Sexy Rexy, the one that was called back, I actually said out loud, "Oh my God, it's Osaka!".

John Beck's first few series made me think of Jason Campbell. Batted passes, tripping over either his or a lineman's foot on a dropback and unsuccessful dumpoffs.

Special Teams coverage units have some work to do.

I'm more excited than I probably should be but it's hard to temper your enthusiasm when your team scores 42 points. :cheers:

Impressive showing for the 'Skins tonight, regardless of the opponent. It struck me that between the two first year coaches, Shanny's troops seemed head and shoulders further along than the bumbling Bills. Not sure if that's a testament towards Shanny or an indictment on Gailey. Time will tell.

Being a long time Packer fan, one player that caught my eye was former Bears QB Rex Grossman. "Turnover-saurus Rex" (as the Packer faithful commonly know him) seemed comfortable, poised and confident in the pocket - which is not how I remember him at all! Kudos to Rex!

On a side note, doesn't the world seem a better place now that the pigskin is once again flying? God, I missed football!!

I really missed seeing Antwan Dancing El this evening, especially after that long punt return.

Ok, ok. Had to toss a joke in there.

:biggrin2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.