• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: The Redskins Uniform Debate

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
If one presumes to blog he should probably opine on weighty matters of the day.

So, for the record:

I'm no Luddite. I keep an open mind. But I am not in favor of changes to the Redskins uniform.

Sure, wear the occasional throwback if that's what the league wants. There's no harm in seeing the spear once in a while; maybe even the gold pants, assuming they can find something gold and not mustard yellow.

I suppose there could even be a new overall uniform "upgrade" that changes my mind. I can admit the Eagles and Buccaneers improved their lot. But my fear there is that any new design could end up godwawful. An embarrassment. Like, oh ... what they did to the poor Patriots.

* shudder *

CLICK HERE to read more

Last edited:
Burgundy jerseys are my preferred choice. Alternate gold and white pants.

I actually liked the burgundy on burgundy. not as an all the time use but when we wore them against Pittsburgh I thought they were pretty cool looking.
Philistine!

I kind of liked the burgundy on burgundy also, but then again, I don't care what they wear as long as they win games.

I'm kinda with Lanky, although I do have a slight preference for white jerseys/gold pants.

(The reverse, gold jerseys, is simply too unspeakable even to contemplate. :puke:)

Count me in with the crowd that liked the Burgundy and Burgundy unis (maroon? seriously dude...it isn't even close to maroon).

I also really like the Burgundy jersey/Gold pants look of the Allen Skins from the 70s.

But you can definitely add me to the list of those who don't want it changed just for the sake of change. If they don't change anything on it this season, I am more than cool with that.

Just as long as it is not Burgundy at home games!!!

Burgundy on Burgundy - Yes

Burgundy on Gold - No

White on White - Yes

White on Gold - Yes

Any discussion about the helmet color? White on White Jerseys with a white helmet for the opening game against Dallas? Just to throw things off a little?

Glad to see the important discussions are finally here!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Glad to see the important discussions are finally here!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I would have bet a billion dollars on it being anyone BUT Om that brought the uniform discussion to BGO. :)

I DEFINITELY don't want to see this

dt11gold2-copia.png

But I could live with this

Sonny1.jpg

or this

georgeallengoldpants8.jpg

whats the difference between the first 2 pics besides the socks?

and for the record..i love that combo.

x2. Like I said earlier - the burgundy tops to alternate with the gold and white pants would be my choice.

I recall seeing a proporsed overall uniform change drawn up by a fan at some point in the last year or so that actually looked pretty cool ... going to try to find it. Had to admit the guy did a good job of keeping the traditional look/feel but updating it with accents that kinda 'worked'.

Of course it was just graphic drawing and not an actual uniform on an actual player. It would be the transition from drawing board to cloth that scared me.

Kinda like the awesome concept car from the auto show showing up two years later in dealerships looking like **** after too many committee's and marketing types stick their paws in the mix and screw it up.

Help for the terminally color challenged! What pray tell is the difference between picture 1 and 3, besides the leggings?

whats the difference between the first 2 pics besides the socks?

and for the record..i love that combo.

No stripe on Sonny's helmet, no number outlines on his jersey and more stripes on his sleeve.

Help for the terminally color challenged! What pray tell is the difference between picture 1 and 3, besides the leggings?

Same as above, except the helmets are similar. 99% sure there's a different indian head logo, but you can't really see it.

haha, nudie photo hunt is my all-time favorite bar game.

Maybe it's just my eyes but Devin's pants look more like mustard. Sonny's pants are lighter and Larry's pants look more gold. I wouldn't mind the white jerseys with gold pants either.

At least change things up for a few games this season.

No changes...I like what Gibbs did for it. KISS with the occasional one game dalliance.

Like- The Burgundy on Burgundy. It just looked cool.*
Like- The 70th ann. throwbacks, they look really sharp*

* Sadly, the Skins couldn't win when wearing them.

Love- white jersey/burgundy pants; classic Gibbs Skins colors
Love- Burgundy jersey/Gold pants- Allen era, just looks badass

Hate- 75th ann. white throwbacks/gold-yellow pants. Reminds me of Ronald McDonald and yes I own one of those white throwbacks.

Sick of- white/white uni. Initially it was cool looking but got old quick.

Don't like- Burgundy jersey/white pants. Just doesn't look right like Dallas' blue jerseys.

A clean uni with a little grass stain on the knee worn by the starting QB during post win interview is my favorite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.