• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: Shanahan: Albert Haynesworth looked "pretty good"

BGO

Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth participated fully in practice for the first time Monday at Redskins Park. Haynesworth, after finally passing his conditioning test on his fourth attempt Saturday, was limited in his first practice during Fan Appreciation Day in Ashburn. Players were off Sunday, and Hayensworth worked at nose tackle with the second-team defense as practiced resumed. "I think he looked pretty good," Shanahan said after the morning session. "I haven't had a chance to look at [tape of] practice on the defensive side, but what I saw looked pretty good." After skipping all but one day of the offseason program, Haynesworth, the Redskins say, is far behind his teammates in learning the new 3-4 defensive scheme. Haynesworth issued a brief statement Saturday and has declined to answer questions. Initially, the nine-year veteran will back up first-team nose tackle Maake Kemoeatu. Shanahan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett will not hand

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

img.phdo
Washington Redskins - Albert Haynesworth - Jim Haslett - Sports - Lineman

More...

now starts the interesting part. they aint using AH as a backup. and they aint using him exclusively at NT. shanahan has handled this better over the last week. now comes the part of working him into the scheme.

Shanny was making positive comments about AH's learning curve prior to passing the conditioning test. The staff is just learning first hand where the talent is and how to use it best.

Shame that AH was such a bonehead about the situation, they could have been polishing up special packages by now instead of his grubbing around with the basics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.