• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WP: Albert Haynesworth to take conditioning test Saturday - Edit: Passed the test!

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/08/albert_haynesworth_to_take_con.html

Albert Haynesworth to take conditioning test Saturday

Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth will take Mike Shanahan's conditioning test again Saturday, sources have told Jason Reid.

Haynesworth, who will not be allowed to practice with the team until he passes it, has been recovering from knee soreness. He underwent an MRI Thursday that revealed no structural damage.

Saturday would be an interesting day on which to take the test. It's the team's annual Fan Appreciation Day at Redskins Park. Shanahan has said that he plans to run a limited practice tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah, saw similar rumblings from PFT, I presume that the test will be prior to the fans coming in.

Let's hope it works out so we can get back to football.

I agree. He's got to pass it. I'm tired of hearing about this. Too many people have demonstrated how easy this is. Just get it done Albert and move on to practicing with the defense already.

I swear to God - I'd give him 3 days to pass it or I'd make him the highest paid Practice Squad player in NFL history. The money spent on this guy has already been wasted because Haynesworth will never be a significant contributor to this team again.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - and if he actually passes tomorrow, royallypwned will probably become a Redskins fan.

Oh, wait...

As critical as I've been of him lately, I REALLY REALLY want him to pass it so we can get beyond the media distraction and concentrate on camp.

Then again, I also agree with Boone. He really shouldn't get more than a couple chances to pass it. I still have this nagging feeling that he'll pass it, start practicing and then his knee will "flare up" again and he'll putz through the rest of Training Camp. I'd dearly love to be wrong about that.

All I can say now is "RUN FORRES......ER, RUN ALBERT!!!"

I HOPE Albert becomes like me. Well, not entirely. I'd get mauled in the NFL. But two things about me were very consistent in my amateur sports career. 1) If you tell me I can't do something, you can be damned sure I will. And 2) It's all fun and games until I get pissed off. Then look out!

I HOPE Albert becomes like me. Well, not entirely. I'd get mauled in the NFL. But two things about me were very consistent in my amateur sports career. 1) If you tell me I can't do something, you can be damned sure I will. And 2) It's all fun and games until I get pissed off. Then look out!

As long as he gets pissed off during the regular season. No reason to hurt someone in camp, or get injured in the preseason.

But yes, Hog. I have often wondered why more NFL players don't try to emulate you. :)

hallelujah! haynesworth passes the conditioning test according to wapost!

A little more detail ...
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/re...worth/albert-haynesworth-has-passed.html#more

Albert Haynesworth has passed conditioning test

Updated 7:45 a.m.

Albert Haynesworth passed his conditioning test Saturday morning at Redskins Park and a source familiar with the situation said that the defensive linemen will participate in his first full practice of training camp Saturday afternoon.

On Day 10 of the Haynesworth Watch, the two-time All-Pro on his fourth attempt completed the two, timed 300-yard shuttle runs required by Coach Mike Shanahan in order for him to join in all team activities. Two sources familiar with the results said Haynesworth completed the two sprints in the allotted time of 70 seconds for the first set and 73 on the second with a break in between.

Haynesworth, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and strength coach Ray Wright appeared pleased as they walked off the field together. Asked whether Haynesworth had a good run, Wright responded, "Great run." Haslett, who has been prohibited by team officials from speaking with the media until Haynesworth passes the test, gave two thumbs up before entering the complex's main building.

Although the team has not provided official confirmation of the results, Haynesworth completed the runs in times of 66 and 70 seconds, respectively, according to two team sources who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to provide the results.

I am not the biggest Haynesworth fan but healthy and happy he will make this defense a lot better!

I am not the biggest Haynesworth fan but healthy and happy he will make this defense a lot better!

agree.

next big barrier is how he fits into the locker room. don't kid yourself: Shanahan's tests don't end with a series of runs.

And even a little more detail ...
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/re...ense/albert-haynesworth-on-board-as.html#more

My favorite part of this whole saga is that once they were able to explain his role in this defense, using small words and lots of colorful crayons, he's excited about the possibilities.

Albert Haynesworth on board as Redskins move forward

Determined to finally pass his conditioning test, Albert Haynesworth on Saturday reported to Redskins Park around 5:30 a.m. ready to work.

As he had done the first nine days of training camp, the Pro Bowler met with strength coach Ray Wright, who had Haynesworth's schedule planned for the morning, but the afternoon portion was not set, people familiar with the situation said. After four days of resting his knee and not even attempting the test, some in the organization expected Haynesworth to finally pass it Saturday morning.

The test, which Mike Shanahan mandated Haynesworth pass before he could participate in full practice, has been a hurdle for the defensive tackle, whose failure to complete the two, timed 300-yard shuttle runs in the allotted time had stirred frustration within the organization. But after an MRI exam Thursday on Haynesworth's sore knee revealed no structural damage and the two-time All-Pro was "flying" on a treadmill after the test, according to a source, there was a sense of optimism that Haynesworth would soon pass the test.

Haynesworth, Haslett, Wright and three other members of Wright's staff walked down the hill to the practice fields at 7:06 a.m. As workers milled about preparing the VIP tent for Fan Appreciation Day at the complex, Haynesworth stretched for about 10 minutes. A worker shouted out, "You got this."

Unofficially, Haynesworth completed the first run in 66 seconds, and following a break, he finished the second portion of the test in 70 seconds, according to two team sources who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to provide the results. Shanahan is expected to address the situation at some point Saturday. And Haynesworth and Haslett might also be made available to the media for the first time since camp opened on July 29.

So on his fourth attempt at the test, Haynesworth cleared the bar Shanahan set in order for him to participate in 11-on-11 drills. Haslett, who has worked individually with Haynesworth from the outset of camp, was extremely happy, a team source said.

Haslett, one of Shanahan's most trusted lieutenants, has been in total agreement with Shanahan's handling of Haynesworth, who skipped all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program. But Haslett is developing a good working relationship with Haynesworth, whom he believes could be among the keys to the team making a successful transition from the 4-3 to their new base 3-4. Haslett was "happy as hell" about Haynesworth passing the test, one source said.

And in a twist of irony, Haynesworth actually likes the new defense and Haslett's plans for him in the scheme, two sources said. Haynesworth's concern about the unknown, in large part, prompted him to stay away from Ashburn for most of the offseason, resulting in the current situation. Coaches will finally get to see how he actually fits into the team's new defense.

By Jason Reid | August 7, 2010; 8:33 AM ET

Good news. Shannahan won. Order is restored to the asylum. Hopefully AH will continue to respond and be the contributor he is capable of. Would love to see a positve outcome and some return on the money spent for him. As much as my gut wanted him to rot on the bench, he's got the potential to help make this defense great.

And even better, my hard work on our new 'Haynesworth' filtering system to scrub the site of his mention, can now be shelved :) Hopefully, this puts an end to this drama for awhile, at least until he starts flopping and removing himself from games during the regular season.

I’m sure that emergency rooms nationwide are breathing a sigh of relief since overweight, middle-aged sports fans will no longer feel compelled to attempt to pass the fitness test.

Thank God our long national nightmare is over.

Now what will have to talk about though? Potential cuts? Depth charts?

Yikes.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Attachments

• fireworks.jpg
    fireworks.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 119

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.