• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Riggins rips Haynesworth: "Get him the hell out of camp"

BGO

Former Redskins running back John Riggins has weighed in on the Albert Haynesworth saga, saying that it's been clear since the 2009 season Haynesworth doesn't hustle on the field, and that the Redskins would be wise to cut ties with...

More...

youre right...nothing better than a RB who holds out for a year because he doesnt like his contract ;)

Happens all the time. As opposed to someone who just doesn't want to play.
And I never saw Riggins mangina hurt like I've seen on Butterworth. In fact, I seem to recall Riggins laying the traction in the hospital all week so he could play on Sundays

Vast difference

Again, the differences are telling.

Riggo was trying to get paid to play

Fat AL has already been paid and doesn't want to work

Riggo, I think, has a few records under his belt, both Redskin and previous Super Bowl records

The only record Fat Al has set is most time flopping on the ground

riggo's "mangina" hurt so bad that he sat out an entire season because he didnt like the money he was getting.

i recall being a tuff dude but i also recall him being on the sidelines sucking on oxygen a lot too because he was either out drinking the night before or just not in the greatest of shape.

Yes, Riggo sat out because of the money and how he was being used. He risked the chance of never playing again or getting traded to make his statement cause the Skins held the cards.

When he got his money, I don't recall him demanding to be traded and he was committed enough to make Gibbs "famous"

He drank (different culture, MADD was in it's infancy) but he still performed well enough when it counted (for the most part ,damn Raiders) and don't forget the hospital visits for traction to ease his back.

I suppose this all goes with being a thirty something running back doing 300+ carries a season in the twilight of his career.

Don't recall Riggo stomping heads or reeking havoc on the highways in his over the top toys either

Riggo and AH are different animals so don't try to compare similarities, there are none

God Bless Riggo but he sounds like a grumpy old man suffering from gout. Not sure why he's calling McNabb a politician or Favre nuts.......ok, I'll give him Favre, but it sure seems like he's saying some of this stuff on purpose just to get listeners.

God Bless Riggo but he sounds like a grumpy old man suffering from gout. Not sure why he's calling McNabb a politician or Favre nuts.......ok, I'll give him Favre, but it sure seems like he's saying some of this stuff on purpose just to get listeners.

Yes. This seems to be a trend lately among radio personalities, and it drives me nuts. I was listening to Cowherd talk about the LeBacle the other day and the stuff he was saying was so outlandish that I thought, "he can't possibly believe this stuff, he just wants outrage and the accompanying listeners with it." I guess that's par for the course with talk radio these days.

but it sure seems like he's saying some of this stuff on purpose just to get listeners.

Yes. This seems to be a trend lately among radio personalities, and it drives me nuts. I was listening to Cowherd talk about the LeBacle the other day and the stuff he was saying was so outlandish that I thought, "he can't possibly believe this stuff, he just wants outrage and the accompanying listeners with it." I guess that's par for the course with talk radio these days.

I think those two assessments are pretty close to being accurate.

Drama sells.

Puh lease..gibbs was intimidated by riggo and we all know it.

He's all radio host now and nothing more.

How many chances did manley get? I love how albert is the devil but somehow we all forget how dexter flunked out of the nfl. Love him, right?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't understand, how was Gibbs intimidated by Riggo? I thought that after "first contact" with Riggo, Gibbs was all ready to trade the nut job but eventually warmed up to the guy once he got to know him.

Agree with the radio hosts thing generally on all counts, controversy to garner those "clicks on web" and tuners-in is the MO. Seems to work well doesn't it.

Riggo is nothing more than one of those now, so what. His opinions are worth as little as anyone else's yet he's still collecting coin to offer them up and the fans appear to support this genre of show.

He's now an old fart, settled into his ways and not afraid to opine those ways relative to current mindset of the NFL but cut him some slack, he's been there and done that in an era where flamboyance, chest thumping and me first attitude was much less appreciated and not accepted as status quo.

Yeah, Manley was/is a mis-educated headcase/addict but we didn't mind when he was performing and I don't believe most were aware of his situation until he started to flunk out of the NFL. Any sympathy for him is a PC thing, he's a "victim of circumstance", he lacks self-control and makes mistakes because of it.

Are there any circumstances relating to AH that might assuage the perception of his petulant and selfish behavior?

AH is smart enough to play the system and leverage his considerable talent for maximum benefit to himself.

No problem with that, it's representative of the mercenary aspect of free agency but somewhere along the line he needs to acknowledge the team part of the equation and at least pretend to be a Redskin.

Now that AH is actually here and his fear-of-misuse is reportedly waining maybe he'll buy-in. He's passed "the test" and should be on the way to tearing down any fences of ill-will between he and his mates.

Whether he is coachable and trainable enough to become a "chief worth his weight in gold" under the new command remains to be seen, let's hope so 'cause team Redskins would be better for it.

Interesting, I'll have to find that film, wasn't particularly aware that Riggo was so crazy that some were threatened by his mere presence.

Not too sure about the AH getting screwed, embarressed and being called-out part.

After an exceptionally ugy 4/12 season it should have been evident that something was going to change.

The change to 3-4 perhaps screwed AH, don't know, a matter of perception and apprehension perhaps. No equitable trade offers may have been embarrasing, again don't know.

Shanny's "you're in or you're out" is the only call-out that I can recall, if that counts.

As far as Shanny being a grudge, again I don't know, I didn't follow the Broncos or him enough to form an opinion.

From what the players are now saying publicly, he's viewed as a highly disciplined but consistantly fair sort of guy.

They understand, accept and respect where he's coming from for now at least.

We'll see as the season progresses.

It would surprise me if Shanny traded AH at this juncture for anything less than equitable value.

The team would be out a stud player for sure but both parties could be satisfied, AH gets back into his 4-3 and the Skins get picks and probably monies in return.

The AH for a "ham sammich" trade would definitely indicate vindictiveness. It would damage the disciplined but fair perception he currently enjoys and who knows what effect it might have on Kyle and any hope as a potential successor.

You're right, that would a bonehead move if your fears are warranted.

Threatened vs intimidated, I think I know where you're coming from and that's fine. My established degree of tolerance for Riggo won't change much anytime soon and I doubt that yours will either, so be it. :cool4:

It really is time for Riggins to be a team player too. Enough of the hate. Many good things are happening now and Riggo needs to get aboard.

At least he is doing his job.

The closest thing we've seen to Haynesworth was Brandon Marshall in Denver last season. That was the height of childish behavior; the video of him half-assing it in practice was incredible, I've never seen anything like it.

However, Marshall wasn't already making the money that Haynesworth is - that is the key here. Haynesworth already had the huge contract! Yes, there are examples of petulant brats all over the NFL, but for the most part, they do it to get the huge contract Haynesworth got. He just cashed a check for $21M! Twenty-one MILLLLLLLION DOLLARS! After bitching about the defense all offseason.

I just can't get over that...

The closest thing we've seen to Haynesworth was Brandon Marshall in Denver last season. That was the height of childish behavior; the video of him half-assing it in practice was incredible, I've never seen anything like it.

However, Marshall wasn't already making the money that Haynesworth is - that is the key here. Haynesworth already had the huge contract! Yes, there are examples of petulant brats all over the NFL, but for the most part, they do it to get the huge contract Haynesworth got. He just cashed a check for $21M! Twenty-one MILLLLLLLION DOLLARS! After bitching about the defense all offseason.

I just can't get over that...

See to me, that illustrates the problem with Haynesworth: laziness. Marshall is just stupid. Flat out stupid. You really think you are going to inspire your current team to give you a max deal by dogging it so obviously that there can be no questions as to what your motivations are? Dumb ass.

Fat Al is a bit more insidious, imo. Laziness crossed with greed, reflects much more poorly on the previous administration. Was this possibility not even considered by them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.