• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What will you be looking for in first preseason game?

What will you be watching for in the first preseason game?

• Offensive line performance/Trent Williams

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Donovan McNabb performance

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Transition to 3-4 defense

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Young receiver performance, Thomas, Kelly, Austin, etc

• Effectiveness of ZBS

• Safety play/rotation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LBs, Alexander's transition, et al

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coaching/Other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Jugband McGillicuddy

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Rival Allegiance
Alma Mater
Marshall
So, I've shied away from starting threads here just a little bit, mostly because the content generated by members of this site is so outstanding, it can be a little intimidating to a feeble football mind like mine. But I'm gonna take a crack at it this time, because I'm so pumped for Sunday, and there are so many things to watch.

Simple question, potentially complex answers. "What will you be looking for in the Skins first preseason game vs. Buffalo?" Please vote in the poll, and explain your answer in the thread.

O line all the way for me. It all begins up front for any aspect of the offense to work properly.

ZBS for me. I see this as a key to our future with Shanahan. A strong running attack will take so much pressure off McNabb in ways he has never dreamed of after playing under Reid so long.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Coaching - just to see what we have been missing for a long time.

I went with OL/Trent Williams. That choice kind of overlapped with the ZBS effectiveness choice but I looked at the ZBS choice in terms of how effectively Portis, Johnson and Parker could use it to get holes to run through.

OL has been the most glaring weakness in recent seasons and I'm really interested to see how the re-vamped version performs in game situations-that's going to determine, for me at least, just how well Shanny's new complex keep-the-defense-off-balance scheme is going to work.

The other areas seem like they'll come up to what the plan calls for pretty well.

O-Line is the key for me. Although I can't wait to see how all of the changes made in the organization come together on the field.

The O line will do it for me. If they can't get their **** together, it'll be another long season

That and some discipline. Elimination of stupid mistakes, off sides etc

I chose coaching, but more specifically, offensive playcalling. I want to see how Kyle does sustaining drives.

Its not one of the choices but red zone offense. its been a major problem with the team for several seasons now.

No injuries. That's 99% of what I look for in the first preseason game.

After that, I have to admit I'm a little anxious to see how McNabb looks out there.

My reply to this one got a little, um ... wordy ...so I posted it elsewhere.

Sorry about that. :cool:

The O-Line is still a work in progress but I'll mainly be checking the pass protection and 3-4 transition.

So, I've shied away from starting threads here just a little bit, mostly because the content generated by members of this site is so outstanding, it can be a little intimidating to a feeble football mind like mine. But I'm gonna take a crack at it this time, because I'm so pumped for Sunday, and there are so many things to watch.

Simple question, potentially complex answers. "What will you be looking for in the Skins first preseason game vs. Buffalo?" Please vote in the poll, and explain your answer in the thread.

anyone messes with you HH and they gotta deal with me!!

that oughta scare......no one!

I'll be watching d-line run defense throughout preseason.

My reply to this one got a little, um ... wordy ...so I posted it elsewhere.

Sorry about that. :cool:

You? Wordy? Noooooo..... :laugh:

Oh, and thanks to all for not busting my chops over saying "Sunday" as opposed to "Friday." :doh1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.