• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Mike Wise: Donovan McNabb rewards Redskins fans with hope, so he should be rewarded

BGO

Donovan McNabb was standing on the field, a good 50 to 70 yards away from the fan barrier. Besides speaking with coaches, he almost seemed to be waiting for his teammates to draw the crowd away so he could walk inconspicuously back to the air-conditioned locker room.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

img.phdo
Donovan McNabb - Washington Redskins - NFL - Sports - Philadelphia Eagles

More...

Hard to argue. McNabb is the first legitimate franchise QB we've had since I was, well, a helluva lot younger than I am now :) Hopefully, they'll get his extension done and lock him up for the next 5 years. With what we gave up for him - we'd better hope he performs well enough we all want that kind of long-term investment.

Agreed. Not sure about a five year extension, maybe three with a fourth as an option?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Mike Wise is a putz. The last fella pushing hope sold us a bill of goods.

Number 5 deserves a great contract cuz he's an all pro QB who...one assumes...will be the linchpin of the offense and the leader of this team.

LOL. I think even if the Skins win the superbowl, fansince62 will find something to complain about.

LOL. I think even if the Skins win the superbowl, fansince62 will find something to complain about.

who's complaining? I watch the Carter/Wise show now and then and these guys just can't help working in their political angles on just about everything. I want at least one pure, non-political sanctum. is it asking too much for that to be the sports world..specifically my Redskins? I will react. Just as I did when Charles Mann was spitting out his political philosophies on (if memory serves) that long-running show with the former Redskin DE as monitor (can't immediately recall his name) and the gal Donna. save it for Meet the Press.

the irony is that I now have renewed respect for Larry: he may be a homer...but he's about football and the Skins. his Skins' history productions have actually been pretty good. Wiessman aint half bad compared to the WaPO dudes either.

I know I am not alone in feeling this way.

anywho..Cranky...our Haynesworth exchanges notwithstanding...have a super day and lets get stoked about some football. we can quibble about stuff......but things are UNEQUIVOCOLLY looking up in DC!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
who's complaining? I watch the Carter/Wise show now and then and these guys just can't help working in their political angles on just about everything. I want at least one pure, non-political sanctum. is it asking too much for that to be the sports world..specifically my Redskins? I will react. Just as I did when Charles Mann was spitting out his political philosophies on (if memory serves) that long-running show with the former Redskin DE as monitor (can't immediately recall his name) and the gal Donna. save it for Meet the Press.

the irony is that I now have renewed respect for Larry: he may be a homer...but he's about football and the Skins. his Skins' history productions have actually been pretty good. Wiessman aint half bad compared to the WaPO dudes either.

I know I am not alone in feeling this way.

anywho..Cranky...our Haynesworth exchanges notwithstanding...have a super day and lets get stoked about some football. we can quibble about stuff......but things are UNEQUIVOCOLLY looking up in DC!!!

Its just an angle on a story, and a good one I thought. Just read some of the "first franchise QB in DC since I was X years old" posts on this board alone (echoed 10-fold on other boards, I'm sure). Donovan has indeed brought us hope.

As to Larry Michaels - you've got to be kidding me. He's the worst "football guy" ever. And I KNOW I'm not alone in that assessment.

Its just an angle on a story, and a good one I thought. Just read some of the "first franchise QB in DC since I was X years old" posts on this board alone (echoed 10-fold on other boards, I'm sure). Donovan has indeed brought us hope.

As to Larry Michaels - you've got to be kidding me. He's the worst "football guy" ever. And I KNOW I'm not alone in that assessment.

who said football guy? he's paid by the Skins to PR the players and the team. he's doing a good job at that. he obviously enjoys his access to Sonny, Sam et al. he's not going to risk that.

and Carter/Wise are WaPO hacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.