• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Haynesworth, Shanahan exchange words after failed conditioning test

I wonder if a lot of teams are offering 2012 draft picks for Fat Al, as the 2012 draft may not even happen. Allen probably doesn't want to trade him for a pick that could very well be useless, so therefore he's holding out for offers for the 2011 draft.

Moving Haynesworth will be completely dependent on some team with deep playoff hopes or even a SB in mind for this year having a serious injury at DT or discovering that the guys they thought would work for this year aren't cutting it. Of course, all this has to happen before the trade deadline too. However, I can see some team like Indy, that has a great locker room, runs a 4-3, always in the hunt for a SB and hitting a bad injury to a DT dropping draft picks on Al to bring him in mid season to help them.

Not that I am predicting that. I'm not. I just see it as the only real chance to move him.

Have to agree with Neo. The other 31 teams know we want Haynesworth to go away, so they're not going to make a reasonable offer. It will take some team in desperate need of a DT to ante up.

What is interesting is the people that say Titans would like him back, yet they not willing to make a reasonable offer. Is it they are holding out for us to give him away or do they know the headache he is?

Moving Haynesworth will be completely dependent on some team with deep playoff hopes or even a SB in mind for this year having a serious injury at DT or discovering that the guys they thought would work for this year aren't cutting it. Of course, all this has to happen before the trade deadline too. However, I can see some team like Indy, that has a great locker room, runs a 4-3, always in the hunt for a SB and hitting a bad injury to a DT dropping draft picks on Al to bring him in mid season to help them.

Not that I am predicting that. I'm not. I just see it as the only real chance to move him.

This is the only scenario that will work for us to move him. I was thinking Minnesota if their DT's had lost their case with the NFL.

Back to the shuttle run for a moment. Jason Reid is reporting that Haynesworth was made to run 12-25 yard runs. I was listening to Mike Wise on Friday who had reported that it was only 3-100 yard runs. I am not sure who is correct, but I would go with Reid even though Wise had someone live on the scene. Maybe it was 12-25's on Thursday and 3-100's to give him a break on Friday. I don't know.

Regardless, it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree in this regard. I have no problem with strong, extremely disciplined, even individual embarrassment while coaching. There are different tactics to use for different individuals and when you have a 28 year old baby who is making a mockery of the new coach, I say embarrass his fat ass and make him look like the fool he is playing on TV.

You say this tactic is going too far? Bad leadership? I respectfully disagree. I believe it is indicative of our entitlement society. Albert Haynesworth thinks he is entitled to that money without having to work for it. Well, I believe he has a lesson to learn. Now, Shanahan is making him work for it. And for what it's worth, I believe everyone who turns 18 should join the military for at least 2 years, so...:)

This is the only scenario that will work for us to move him. I was thinking Minnesota if their DT's had lost their case with the NFL.

Back to the shuttle run for a moment. Jason Reid is reporting that Haynesworth was made to run 12-25 yard runs. I was listening to Mike Wise on Friday who had reported that it was only 3-100 yard runs. I am not sure who is correct, but I would go with Reid even though Wise had someone live on the scene. Maybe it was 12-25's on Thursday and 3-100's to give him a break on Friday. I don't know.

Regardless, it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree in this regard. I have no problem with strong, extremely disciplined, even individual embarrassment while coaching. There are different tactics to use for different individuals and when you have a 28 year old baby who is making a mockery of the new coach, I say embarrass his fat ass and make him look like the fool he is playing on TV.

You say this tactic is going too far? Bad leadership? I respectfully disagree. I believe it is indicative of our entitlement society. Albert Haynesworth thinks he is entitled to that money without having to work for it. Well, I believe he has a lesson to learn. Now, Shanahan is making him work for it. And for what it's worth, I believe everyone who turns 18 should join the military for at least 2 years, so...:)

el..cmon now...you have no idea what he is thinking.

at this point....if he's intentionally dogging this...I say sit his arse on the bench or place him on the pup at some point....or find a way to take AH to court on some failure to peform contract grievance. that's all Haynesworth needs at this point - another lawsuit.

el..cmon now...you have no idea what he is thinking.

at this point....if he's intentionally dogging this...I say sit his arse on the bench or place him on the pup at some point....or find a way to take AH to court on some failure to peform contract grievance. that's all Haynesworth needs at this point - another lawsuit.

You're right! I cannot possibly "know" what a man is thinking, I can only use his actions to judge his thoughts. What his actions show is that he is willing to collect a big check and not very interested in doing much to earn it. Sounds like entitlement to me.

I used to be of the thinking that we should sit his arse for the season, but that plays into my perceived line of entitled thinking he has exhibited. I like what Shanahan is doing. Work this tub of lard and make him earn his money!

Ok, I took the test today and passed! But barely.

64.1 seconds in the first part and was fine, but needed that 3.5 minute break. The second part was much tougher and the time was (drum roll) - 72.7. Made it by three-tenths of a second. Whew!

The adrenalin kicked in during the last part of the second round - that is what carried me, along with a few cheering people. I needed about thirty minutes before going on to my scheduled workout routine for the day. I'm tired.

But not bad for a 51 yr. old man who just recovered from an auto accident and gained a few pounds during that period of time.

Ok Albert, it's your turn. :laugh:

64.1 seconds in the first part and was fine, but needed that 3.5 minute break. The second part was much tougher and the time was (drum roll) - 72.7. Made it by three-tenths of a second. Whew!

The adrenalin kicked in during the last part of the second round - that is what carried me, along with a few cheering people. I needed about thirty minutes before going on to my scheduled workout routine for the day. I'm tired.

But not bad for a 51 yr. old man who just recovered from an auto accident and gained a few pounds during that period of time.

so...by passing this test does it mean you are ready to play DE in the NFL?.....:)

I don't think an entitlement mindset is in play here. AH has been to the pro bowl twice. right or wrong my guess is he thinks that passing this little test is grand silliness compared to what he has achieved.

does anyone know if it is normal to experience this sort of swelling 4 days after doing a couple sprints? if not...one party ought to be fired - AH for the BS - and another chastized - the Skins for not calling the BS for what it is.

so...by passing this test does it mean you are ready to play DE in the NFL?.....:)

No way. I'm about 5'11 and currently around 175. Need to lose ten more - that's a good weight for me.

Also need to mention that a 67 yr. old man passed the test this morning. His second part was faster than mine. He's in excellent shape and looks no older than 45.

So, imho, Albert can pass this test and I think it will be soon.

I don't think an entitlement mindset is in play here. AH has been to the pro bowl twice. right or wrong my guess is he thinks that passing this little test is grand silliness compared to what he has achieved.

does anyone know if it is normal to experience this sort of swelling 4 days after doing a couple sprints? if not...one party ought to be fired - AH for the BS - and another chastized - the Skins for not calling the BS for what it is.

Albert has had problems with that knee his whole career - they generally plague larger people, especially football players. Why do you continue to ignore this point?

BB, very glad to see you are healing well! Kudos!

I mean, I know one second seems trivial, but I think the number 70 wasn't picked arbitrarily. If you count 71 for 70, then what's the point of setting it at 70 in the first place? Not to mention, if Shanny lets Al (or any player) get away with a second here, maybe they see you as weak, and then don't practice as hard. That's just how I see it.

I think albert is nursing his knee and I think he isn't taking the test seriously.

I also have a hunch that the next time he gives it a serious try he will pass it.

These jokes about people taking it and passing it is just that. First I don't believe Golic passed it and thede other people taking it who aren't his size and put the same constant stress on their lnees like he does aren't even the same boat as him.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

mike..who cares? haynesworth is gonna get on the field soon enough....

I don't know if he'll win the team over, but if he's out there dominating, the other players will probably let bygones be bygones.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

BB, very glad to see you are healing well! Kudos!

Thanks for the well wishes. All parts are healed and the new warranty is good for many years to come. :)

Mike - the test is not easy, but it is not difficult either. I'll grant you that I work out regularly and I'm in good shape. The average 51 yr. old who is not overweight, but doesn't exercise, will not be able to pass this test. I'm in very good shape - even with the extra ten pounds (that will be lost soon) - and passed it with some extra effort. Yes, Albert is carrying more weight than me, but there is no excuse for a professional athlete.

I've had more scopes on my knees - certain of it. Just saying.

lol..im sure you have used them just as much as he has. dont you understand that size and what he does has a lot to do with knee injuries?

eeh..nevermind. im done

Yeah, I played football. Played rugby too. If you are insinuating that I can have zero knowledge of such information, then is it time to stop being a fan? Hellllllooooo!

Yeah, I played football. Played rugby too. If you are insinuating that I can have zero knowledge of such information, then is it time to stop being a fan? Hellllllooooo!

Oy, a fellow rugger! :cheers:

No wonder you survived that car crash and rebounded so fast. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.