• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

More on Williams

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/the-skinny-on-mike-williams-we.html#more

The Skinny on Mike Williams's Weight Loss
In addition to our story on Jason Campbell today, we took a closer look at what will be another key story line of the season: the offensive line that must protect Campbell. One thing that might have caught your eye was Mike Williams's dramatic weight loss.

When he signed with the Redskins as a free agent, Williams weighed 410 pounds, and a lot of observers probably ruled him out as a serious contributor. But now that he's down to 342, coaches are even more curious to see what kind of impact he could have, especially because Stephon Heyer hasn't solidified himself as the starting right tackle.

Williams actually started the year weighing about 450 pounds. So in less than eight months, he's lost more than 100 pounds, including about 40 in the past 1½ months.

"I know it might sound unheard of, but it's doable," Williams said. "You just have to do it right."

Williams went to Ian Danney of Arizona-based Performance Enhancement Professionals in mid-June weighing 374 pounds (actually, Danney says 374; Williams says 365). He left six weeks later and got down as low as 337 pounds. But that was too low, and Williams actually intentionally put a bit of the weight back on. Ideally, he wants to take the field weighing 345.

CLICK LINK FOR FULL ARTICLE

Nice update. I'm very curious to see what Big Mike can do on the field.

I just hope the dudes health isn't affected. That's a buttload of weight to lose in a short amount of time

Losing all that weight can itself cause health problems, most notably kidney and gall stones.

It would be a great story if Williams is able to make the roster and contribute in 2009 but I keep going back to what he did between 2002-2006 when he was in the NFL as a young man.

He simply didn't show the ability to measure up at this level, playing against the best defenders in the NFL.

This isn't the case of a pro bowl caliber performer who is trying to come back and regain his form.

This is a case of a formerly mediocre player trying to come back and redeem his former NFL career!

That's a tall order.

This isn't the case of a pro bowl caliber performer who is trying to come back and regain his form.

This is a case of a formerly mediocre player trying to come back and redeem his former NFL career!

That's a tall order.

Now that he has his weight down, I look at it like he's a rookie. He pretty much has to re-learn everything he has ever been taught at the NFL level. Joe Bugel will be working with him quite a bit, I'm sure. It will interesting to see how well he fares during the preseason games.

He may be a great story but he's definitely not a lock to make the team unless Buges sees something he can work with and mold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.