• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Too much beer and too lazy to do a search..who's going to Canton?

Skinsfan1311

The 1st Round Pick
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
The thread title says it all.

I'm flying in on Friday and hittin' the hall in the a.m.

Checking in the hotel in the afternoon, (Ramada Inn, Strasburg).

After checking in, I'm headed to the grocery store for tailgate supplies, (shrimp scampi fixin's, beer, ice).

Meeting up at the Buffalo Wild Wings at 6:00 pm

Getting up bright and early on Saturday and heading to the ES/RR tailgate for an all-day tailgate party, and then heading to Fawcett Stadium to watch Grimm get inducted.

I hope this trip is as epic as the last one, and I hope to see some of you there!

no interest in seeing a bunch of dumbass cowbum fans get drunk and try to talk trash to me. id rather save my bail money. but you guys have a blast. =)

Yeah, this about sums it up for me!

But if I could go, I would go to support Pez since he is going to be the 2nd fan in the history of the Hall to be inducted. Not sure what the exact capacity of Pez's induction, but he has a ceremony going on Saturday morning if I remember correctly.

Pez won? Oh man, I hadn't seen that! That's awesome - he definitely deserves it for all the work he does for Skins fans, and Huly too.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'll be at Fan App. day. Have fun in Canton, too bad it will be packed with cowboy fans.
Nope, it's the day of August 7th.
http://www.profootballhof.com/default.aspx

tough choice.

FAD is the one day to avoid TC,.

Too hot, too crowded. Last season I'm pretty sure that it was so crowded, that they turned cars away.

If you do go, get in line to park waaaay early and bring plenty of water, gatorade, or whateverr

no interest in seeing a bunch of dumbass cowbum fans get drunk and try to talk trash to me. id rather save my bail money. but you guys have a blast. =)

...and how's that any different than when the Cowboys come to FedEx? :frown2:

Pez won? Oh man, I hadn't seen that! That's awesome - he definitely deserves it for all the work he does for Skins fans, and Huly too.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device
I don't think he did yet. The voting takes place over the Hall Of Fame Induction weekend.

Last edited:
FAD is the one day to avoid TC,.

Too hot, too crowded. Last season I'm pretty sure that it was so crowded, that they turned cars away.

If you do go, get in line to park waaaay early and bring plenty of water, gatorade, or whateverr

Yeah, I would have rather gone on another day.....but I scored VIP passes and the only days I could go was the 7th and the 15th. When I contacted the Skins about the 15th, the lady I spoke with said that it is a "to be determined" practice, which means more or less that they might not have it.

I was at the 2004 fan app. and I know it's hot and a pain with all the fans there, but I couldn't pass up the VIP passes and a tour of Redskins Park.

I don't think he did yet. The voting takes place over the Hall Of Fame Induction weekend.

When I was talking to him on Redskins' Fan Appreciation Day at the stadium, I left with the impression he had already won. I may be mistaken, but I was certain it was a done deal. Maybe I heard him wrong, maybe I ruined a surprise or worse maybe I have jinxed him if the vote is upcoming. Now I feel like a real boob for not knowing for sure. Gotta find out tomorrow! And to think, I am the one who doesn't drink! :anonymous:

Edit: Looks like I was wrong:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=319176

Last edited:
Yeah, I would have rather gone on another day.....but I scored VIP passes and the only days I could go was the 7th and the 15th. When I contacted the Skins about the 15th, the lady I spoke with said that it is a "to be determined" practice, which means more or less that they might not have it.

I was at the 2004 fan app. and I know it's hot and a pain with all the fans there, but I couldn't pass up the VIP passes and a tour of Redskins Park.

Nice!

At least with the good VIP tickets, you don't have to wait in line with the masses for a good spot....

exactly. and hopefully I'll be in a good spot to get some pictures

I was able to get on the side lines last year. If they do it like they did last year, you spend $50 bucks in merchandise and they give you the VIP passes. I talked them into $25 and bought a hat and T-shirt. The goods were actually priced fairly, a pleasant surprise.

This year I am going with my full set up. I have access to the Nikon D3 from work with 70-200 VR AF f2.8 and a D300 with a simple 18-70 lens. Looking forward to going, but need to figure out what day. I do not want to go when it is too busy, but I want to go when I get to see a lot of friends.

we have a Panasonic Lumix.

We used at the draft day party and for the Nats game and it turned out well.

P1010135.JPG

P1010160.JPG

P1010051.jpg

P1010078-1.jpg

I was able to get on the side lines last year. If they do it like they did last year, you spend $50 bucks in merchandise and they give you the VIP passes. I talked them into $25 and bought a hat and T-shirt. The goods were actually priced fairly, a pleasant surprise.

This year I am going with my full set up. I have access to the Nikon D3 from work with 70-200 VR AF f2.8 and a D300 with a simple 18-70 lens. Looking forward to going, but need to figure out what day. I do not want to go when it is too busy, but I want to go when I get to see a lot of friends.

Well done El!

It's easy to spend $50.00 and the cheap bastard in me commends you for talking them down to $25.00.

I snagged one a couple of years ago, (a buddy of mine handed it off to me), and it kicked ass to be on the sidelines. Great photo-ops and not having to deal with so many people in tight quarters.

From what I understand, there are VIP passes :yawnee: which are pretty cool...then there are VIP passes:eclipsee_Victoria:.

The other VIP passes are supposed to be tightly controlled. You have to give them your name a day, or so, in advance. You'll get a pass with your name on it and it's also supposed get you access to the tents, better access to the players and coaches, (supposedly), and a tour of Redskins park.

I lucked out and scored one of the latter, so I'll know for sure the exact difference after attending TC

I'll take some pics with my point and shoot, and I'll post a few of 'em.

What day are you going?

The other VIP passes are supposed to be tightly controlled. You have to give them your name a day, or so, in advance. You'll get a pass with your name on it and it's also supposed get you access to the tents, better access to the players and coaches, (supposedly), and a tour of Redskins park.

That's the VIP passes I will be getting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.