A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-09
    Posts
    202
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Question Too much beer and too lazy to do a search..who's going to Canton?

    The thread title says it all.

    I'm flying in on Friday and hittin' the hall in the a.m.

    Checking in the hotel in the afternoon, (Ramada Inn, Strasburg).

    After checking in, I'm headed to the grocery store for tailgate supplies, (shrimp scampi fixin's, beer, ice).

    Meeting up at the Buffalo Wild Wings at 6:00 pm

    Getting up bright and early on Saturday and heading to the ES/RR tailgate for an all-day tailgate party, and then heading to Fawcett Stadium to watch Grimm get inducted.

    I hope this trip is as epic as the last one, and I hope to see some of you there!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Montgomery County, Maryland
    Posts
    50
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Navy

    Default

    I'm going!

    Wait - I think you already know that...
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  3. #3

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Not going this year...hope you guys have a blast!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #4
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    The Shadows of the Unknown
    Posts
    953
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    18
    Navy Salisbury

    Default

    I'll be at Fan App. day. Have fun in Canton, too bad it will be packed with cowboy fans.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  5. #5

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Deadman View Post
    I'll be at Fan App. day. Have fun in Canton, too bad it will be packed with cowboy fans.
    I think its the weekend before Fan Appreciation Day...unless I'm mistaken.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    The Shadows of the Unknown
    Posts
    953
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    18
    Navy Salisbury

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    I think its the weekend before Fan Appreciation Day...unless I'm mistaken.
    Nope, it's the day of August 7th.
    http://www.profootballhof.com/default.aspx

    tough choice.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  7. #7
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,530
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    no interest in seeing a bunch of dumbass cowbum fans get drunk and try to talk trash to me. id rather save my bail money. but you guys have a blast. =)
    Yeah, this about sums it up for me!

    But if I could go, I would go to support Pez since he is going to be the 2nd fan in the history of the Hall to be inducted. Not sure what the exact capacity of Pez's induction, but he has a ceremony going on Saturday morning if I remember correctly.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #8

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Pez won? Oh man, I hadn't seen that! That's awesome - he definitely deserves it for all the work he does for Skins fans, and Huly too.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  9. #9
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-09
    Posts
    202
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Deadman View Post
    I'll be at Fan App. day. Have fun in Canton, too bad it will be packed with cowboy fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Deadman View Post
    Nope, it's the day of August 7th.
    http://www.profootballhof.com/default.aspx

    tough choice.
    FAD is the one day to avoid TC,.

    Too hot, too crowded. Last season I'm pretty sure that it was so crowded, that they turned cars away.

    If you do go, get in line to park waaaay early and bring plenty of water, gatorade, or whateverr


    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    no interest in seeing a bunch of dumbass cowbum fans get drunk and try to talk trash to me. id rather save my bail money. but you guys have a blast. =)
    ...and how's that any different than when the Cowboys come to FedEx?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  10. #10

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Reston, VA; Sect 141
    Posts
    531
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Pez won? Oh man, I hadn't seen that! That's awesome - he definitely deserves it for all the work he does for Skins fans, and Huly too.
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    I don't think he did yet. The voting takes place over the Hall Of Fame Induction weekend.
    Last edited by SNF; 07-26-10 at 09:12 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    The Shadows of the Unknown
    Posts
    953
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    18
    Navy Salisbury

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
    FAD is the one day to avoid TC,.

    Too hot, too crowded. Last season I'm pretty sure that it was so crowded, that they turned cars away.

    If you do go, get in line to park waaaay early and bring plenty of water, gatorade, or whateverr
    Yeah, I would have rather gone on another day.....but I scored VIP passes and the only days I could go was the 7th and the 15th. When I contacted the Skins about the 15th, the lady I spoke with said that it is a "to be determined" practice, which means more or less that they might not have it.

    I was at the 2004 fan app. and I know it's hot and a pain with all the fans there, but I couldn't pass up the VIP passes and a tour of Redskins Park.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,530
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNF View Post
    I don't think he did yet. The voting takes place over the Hall Of Fame Induction weekend.
    When I was talking to him on Redskins' Fan Appreciation Day at the stadium, I left with the impression he had already won. I may be mistaken, but I was certain it was a done deal. Maybe I heard him wrong, maybe I ruined a surprise or worse maybe I have jinxed him if the vote is upcoming. Now I feel like a real boob for not knowing for sure. Gotta find out tomorrow! And to think, I am the one who doesn't drink!

    Edit: Looks like I was wrong:

    http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=319176
    Last edited by Elephant; 07-27-10 at 01:06 AM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  13. #13
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-09
    Posts
    202
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Deadman View Post
    Yeah, I would have rather gone on another day.....but I scored VIP passes and the only days I could go was the 7th and the 15th. When I contacted the Skins about the 15th, the lady I spoke with said that it is a "to be determined" practice, which means more or less that they might not have it.

    I was at the 2004 fan app. and I know it's hot and a pain with all the fans there, but I couldn't pass up the VIP passes and a tour of Redskins Park.
    Nice!

    At least with the good VIP tickets, you don't have to wait in line with the masses for a good spot....
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  14. #14
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    The Shadows of the Unknown
    Posts
    953
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    18
    Navy Salisbury

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
    Nice!

    At least with the good VIP tickets, you don't have to wait in line with the masses for a good spot....
    exactly. and hopefully I'll be in a good spot to get some pictures
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  15. #15
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    11,530
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Deadman View Post
    exactly. and hopefully I'll be in a good spot to get some pictures

    I was able to get on the side lines last year. If they do it like they did last year, you spend $50 bucks in merchandise and they give you the VIP passes. I talked them into $25 and bought a hat and T-shirt. The goods were actually priced fairly, a pleasant surprise.

    This year I am going with my full set up. I have access to the Nikon D3 from work with 70-200 VR AF f2.8 and a D300 with a simple 18-70 lens. Looking forward to going, but need to figure out what day. I do not want to go when it is too busy, but I want to go when I get to see a lot of friends.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  16. #16

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Looking forward to your pics, El!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  17. #17
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    The Shadows of the Unknown
    Posts
    953
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    18
    Navy Salisbury

    Default

    we have a Panasonic Lumix.

    We used at the draft day party and for the Nats game and it turned out well.




    0 0 0 0
     
     

  18. #18
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-09
    Posts
    202
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I was able to get on the side lines last year. If they do it like they did last year, you spend $50 bucks in merchandise and they give you the VIP passes. I talked them into $25 and bought a hat and T-shirt. The goods were actually priced fairly, a pleasant surprise.

    This year I am going with my full set up. I have access to the Nikon D3 from work with 70-200 VR AF f2.8 and a D300 with a simple 18-70 lens. Looking forward to going, but need to figure out what day. I do not want to go when it is too busy, but I want to go when I get to see a lot of friends.
    Well done El!

    It's easy to spend $50.00 and the cheap bastard in me commends you for talking them down to $25.00.

    I snagged one a couple of years ago, (a buddy of mine handed it off to me), and it kicked ass to be on the sidelines. Great photo-ops and not having to deal with so many people in tight quarters.

    From what I understand, there are VIP passes which are pretty cool...then there are VIP passes.

    The other VIP passes are supposed to be tightly controlled. You have to give them your name a day, or so, in advance. You'll get a pass with your name on it and it's also supposed get you access to the tents, better access to the players and coaches, (supposedly), and a tour of Redskins park.

    I lucked out and scored one of the latter, so I'll know for sure the exact difference after attending TC

    I'll take some pics with my point and shoot, and I'll post a few of 'em.

    What day are you going?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  19. #19
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    The Shadows of the Unknown
    Posts
    953
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    18
    Navy Salisbury

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post

    The other VIP passes are supposed to be tightly controlled. You have to give them your name a day, or so, in advance. You'll get a pass with your name on it and it's also supposed get you access to the tents, better access to the players and coaches, (supposedly), and a tour of Redskins park.
    That's the VIP passes I will be getting.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  20. #20
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-29-09
    Posts
    202
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Deadman View Post
    That's the VIP passes I will be getting.
    Nice...this year it's wristbands.

    We had a great time, got tons of autographs, a few pics and an all-around great time!
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Birth of a Beer...
    By Boone in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 423
    Last Post: 01-01-19, 01:28 AM
  2. 2010 Hall of Fame game (Canton)
    By The Mayor in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-24-10, 10:05 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •