• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Campbell Knows He's on the Clock

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/
In this morning's paper, Jason Reid wrote about the "kewbie," as Jim Zorn says it, after catching up with Jason Campbell the other day. The first practice of training camp is at 8:30 Thursday morning, as if you didn't know, and Zorn will talk to media members at 12:30 today.

Among Campbell's other comments:

"No one has to tell me I need to push myself, I need to be the leader of the team and I have to set an example," Campbell said. "I know that, and that's why I work as hard as I do, because I want to be the type of quarterback who takes us to the next level. But you always have things you can work on, things you can do to improve, and one thing is I'm going to be a lot more vocal this year. I really think it's time for me to take that role, and I'm going to let all my teammates know that and see that."
By Cindy Boren | July 29,

CLICK LINK FOR FULL ARTICLE

It is. NOT his voice that needs the improvement.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'd be very worried if he DIDN'T realize he was on hook

I hope he steps up

i hope the team is as jacked to start this season as blondie seems to be - her campbell posts demand a march to the playoffs this year... and i agree!

Thing about it is, nothing we'll see between now and the season opener will necessarily be an indicator of how Campbell will play when the bullets fly for real. He can, and will, look strong, confident and (please!) quick in practice and preseason games. And as we've seen in the last couple of years, he will also probably look all those things at times in games. Problem with Jason is and always has been that the confident veneer doesn't reliably carry over the crucial parts of live NFL games.

My gut still tells me, at his size and with his deliberate release, that Jason is miscast in this offense and will continue to struggle with the quick-read, quick-release aspects that are essential to making it work. I'm fervently hoping, as I did last year, that I'm dead wrong about that and he'll have sped up his game enough with familiarity to make up for the OL's pass protection problems we know are coming, and force defensive coordinators to at least play us honestly and not overwhelm the OL and the passing game with upfield rushers, free of worry that we can make them pay down the field.

Same story as last year. The D will be competitive. The run game wiill be competitive. The OL will struggle in pass pro. How far Jason Campbell has progressed over this past offseason will determine the success level in 2009.

No pressure though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.