• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

In brightest day, in darkest night............

Sarge

I'm not sure what to think about this

[media]http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Green-Lantern-costume-Ryan-Reynolds.jpg[/media]

Apparently, the execs like what they see so much, they've already signed him on for the sequel. I think he's a pretty good Green Lantern, although I've never been a big fan.

Bring on Captain America - my childhood favorite :)

Bring on Captain America - my childhood favorite :)

Anyone in particular you would like to see play Captain America?

Not a great fan of Reynolds, but he has the character to pull it off. Not saying he is a great actor, but if the script was written to take advantage of his wit, it could be good. I am just not sure how Reynold's wit would translate to the Green Lantern.

Then again, you pretty much get what you expect from these movies anyway. Entertaining, but not Oscar worthy. Well except for Heath Ledger, I still think Phillip Seymour Hoffman deserved the Oscar last year for his role in Doubt, one of of the best performances I have ever seen on screen, Heath Ledger did an outstanding job as the Joker and was Oscar worthy for sure. So, who knows?

I think it's tough to pull off bringing a comic book to the big screen. It's actually pretty amazing that it's been done as well as it has as often as it has. The difficulty lies in deciding whether to play it straight and serious (as most of the Superman movies have) or go full-out, tongue-in-cheek camp. Once in awhile, you'll find one where they manage to do both and that's a really fun movie - I'd give the 'Ironman' movies high marks for that reason. And as you're saying here, casting is also critical. I doubt we'll ever see Captain America done, mostly because although he had the coolest superhero costume out there, he never caught on as a character as much as he did an iconic symbol. I was a big fan of 'The Flash' as well.

Captain America was/is probably my all time favorite and it's already in production.

The dude who played the Human Torch in those crappy Fantastic 4 movies is going to be Cap. I'm not wild about that at all. I'm trying to stay positive till I find out a little more about the story line. Hugo Weaving will play the Red Skull and he plays a good bad guy. We shall see.

And now for my next prediction. The microwave oven is doomed to be nothing more than a gimmick. Real cooking will always be done using the conventional oven. And the 't-shirt' is a passing fad.

That is all.

And now for my next prediction. The microwave oven is doomed to be nothing more than a gimmick. Real cooking will always be done using the conventional oven. And the 't-shirt' is a passing fad.

That is all.

I once said something very similar to my dad about the computer, something he never misses a chance to remind me of. It is the height of ironic considering my current occupation. :kick_can:

The only real comic book I saw accurately translated was Watchmen and thats really just because they went strictly by the story and didnt try to put their own spin on it.

Interesting - I never saw it, but friends who did all said it was one of the worst movies they've ever seen. I don't know if any of them were fans of the comic or not.

http://dailyblam.com/news/2010/10/17/green-lantern-wins-most-anticipated-movie-at-scream-awards

Lantern_watermark.JPG

im with Mike, Marvel all the way. although stan lee came up with some terrible names the marvel universe was more fun and had less lame heroes. the coolest crossover story line was when that one guy was killing off all the cheesy supervillians lol

well....movie tickets went up $3 over the last year where I live. it's gotten to the point where I'd rather purchase a dozen quality golfballs than shell out for the family.

Funny you say that FS. My wife and I were talking about this the other day. With the advent of the HD TVs and awesome home theater, I bet a lot of families are coming to the same conclusion you are. I wonder if movie companies will start allowing the option to view movies in our homes for $25-35? Instead of paying the crazy theater prices, why not stay home and enjoy it on your HDTV with a bowl of popcorn?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Funny you say that FS. My wife and I were talking about this the other day. With the advent of the HD TVs and awesome home theater, I bet a lot of families are coming to the same conclusion you are. I wonder if movie companies will start allowing the option to view movies in our homes for $25-35? Instead of paying the crazy theater prices, why not stay home and enjoy it on your HDTV with a bowl of popcorn?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

a cheaper option no doubt. problem is...we bought our daughter an Xbox for XMAS. we now have to reserve the big screen with her!

I did not, but I did see Inception in the theaters (twice), one time in IMAX, and I know exactly what you mean. But I also saw Ramona and Beezus, Despicable Me, the Guardians of Gahool (sp?) and Toy Story 3 in the theaters last year.

Yes, we have kids.

None of those were particularly worthy of the $50+ we spent on the tickets and snacks each time. Had we been able to download them to our home for $25-35 and watch them there with our own popcorn, I think we would have enjoyed that just as much.

And then maybe I could have seen some of the other big movies in the theaters.

Bahaha - radio talk show host this morning was talking about Thor, and said:

"Our critic watched the new movie Thor, starring Jeremy Shockey of the NFL..."

I was cracking up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.