• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dems revive global warming legislation

Sarge

Awesome! Another bloated government program we can't afford. ON top of higher taxes.

Please Lord, get us through the next for months

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...bal-warming-legislation-1000181-98370159.html

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., plans to bring a comprehensive energy and climate bill to the Senate floor by the end of the month that will include a cap on carbon emissions produced by the nation's utilities.

Reid announced his plans after huddling with President Obama about the Senate's July agenda and said he wants to introduce the bill, which has not yet been written, the week of July 26.

Reid was vague on details, but signaled he wants the bill to require the nation's electricity providers to pay a price for emitting carbon, which the EPA says will lead to global warming.

I have a few questions for supporters of Cap and Trade:

1. How does artificially increasing the energy costs of our manufacturing sector help in the competiveness of our manufacturing base relative to other countries?
2. What are the environmental implications of massive increases in the use of bio-fuels?
3. How much habitat would have to be disturbed to replace just 20% of our fossil fuel consumption with solar and wind power?
4. The Cap and Trade bill passed by the House last year increases Government revenues. Who actually pays these costs?
5. Approximately 85% of Japan’s energy comes from fossil fuels. 64% of this from oil and gas, which must be imported since Japan has virtually no domestic oil and gas. Given their incentive to develop alternative energy sources, why have they not done so? Do they lack adequate engineering expertise?
6. Please discuss Spain’s experience with renewal energy subsidies.

Alaskan - you say you voted for Obama, however he has always been a proponent of cap and trade. Why would you vote for the guy if you hate this legislation so much?

Alaskan - you say you voted for Obama, however he has always been a proponent of cap and trade. Why would you vote for the guy if you hate this legislation so much?

Part it was purely a symbolic vote. Because I knew McCain would take Alaska, my vote was somewhat meaningless and I believe that the election of Obama had a lot of symbolic meaning. So it was a form of good will. I believe that a lot of American of conservative bent felt the same way as evidenced by his early approval ratings. Despite what the left is now saying, conservative did not want him to fail. Instead, I think they rallied behind our new President and he had an opportunity to unite the country as no one has since WWII.

Also, I don’t expect to agree with everything a political candidate says. In that regard, although I was well aware of his Senate record, I hoped that seeing himself as a historical transforming figure he would chart a bipartisan course and hold back the excesses of the liberal base and find pragmatic and uniting solutions to our real problems.

Because, I get most of my political news from reading, I actually saw only one of his speeches before the election which was his nomination speech, where he struck a moderate tone. Another time I saw him on TV was some sort of Washington Black Tie event that he and McCain attended which had a roast feel about it. He was very funny and likable. Then I saw him on the O’Reilly factor and I was struck by how much they seemed to enjoy and respect each other.

That all ended once he took office. He became a hyper-partisan, outsourcing the agenda to Congress, demonizing anyone who disagreed with him and continuing to blame Bush for everything. Like it or not, he has lost the independents and his administration has shown a shocking ineptitude. The new car smell is long gone and we have found out that we own a clunker, that’s getting terrible mileage, costing a fortune in repairs and the lease isn’t up until 2012.

Part it was purely a symbolic vote. Because I knew McCain would take Alaska, my vote was somewhat meaningless and I believe that the election of Obama had a lot of symbolic meaning. So it was a form of good will.

This reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy routine when he was talking about Jesse Jackson. He was mimicking a bunch of drunk white guys goofing around before voting, the one guys "I'm gonna vote for Jesse Jackson hehehehe"

And he wakes up the next day and says "He ****ing WON???"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.