• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Daniel Snyder says he can now "sleep at night"

No - there is a difference between learning from your mistakes and giving up because you've finally been defeated. If I try to jump off a 10 foot ledge, and break my ankle, then come back and do it again when my ankle heals 9 times in a row - if I finally say 'you know what, this hurts too much, I think I'd rather get down safely than get down the badass way' and then I take the stairs, I haven't learned from my mistakes.

Also, I don't think Snyder is that dumb. I mean, he's the owner of a billion dollar company. You don't get to that position being dumb.
He may not be that dumb, but that doesn't mean he's all that smart either. Just because the behavior changes on the surface doesn't mean a lesson has been learned...only that one has reacted to the immediate crisis at hand and/or has finally gotten tired of taking a beating.

This is important because of the implications for the future. If he has really learned a lesson, extremely late though it may be, Snyder will continue with his current tack of staying out of the way. If he he was merely reacting to the extreme fan anger of the moment, he'll eventually return to form once the memory of the pain subsides.

Thus he's learned from his mistakes and is changing his ways! You've proven exactly what CT and I are saying.
Uh, no. Please see the comments above. Ultimately only time will tell. For our sake, I hope you turn out to be right. :anxious: :paranoid:

He may not be that dumb, but that doesn't mean he's all that smart either. Just because the behavior changes on the surface doesn't mean a lesson has been learned...only that one has reacted to the immediate crisis at hand and/or has finally gotten tired of taking a beating.

This is important because of the implications for the future. If he has really learned a lesson, extremely late though it may be, Snyder will continue with his current tack of staying out of the way. If he he was merely reacting to the extreme fan anger of the moment, he'll eventually return to form once the memory of the pain subsides.

Exactly. Which is what keeps ME up at night. lol.

The best thing Snyder has done since hiring Gibbs was firing Vinny Cerrato.

Also hiring Allen and Shanahan and stepping back and let these 2 men run the team.

Right there proves he has leaned from his past mistakes.

The true cancer on our team was Cerrato.

He had Snyder's ear and it seemed that Cerrato talked Snyder into doing some of these brain dead hirings of coaches and selecting certain players (Like Fat Albert).

If Snyder continues to be hands off like he has done so far this year, it will only benefit the Redskins.

I think he finally realizes this now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.