• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: Allen vs Cerrato - A Starke Contrast

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
If you haven’t already, make sure you check out Dan Steinberg’s latest Sports Bog entry.

Why? Because what we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is as clear a single piece of evidence as we have had all off season that there is in fact a new day in Washington Redskins football.

Among the many things that have driven me to distraction about the Snyder/Cerrato Redskins over the past few years has been their almost bizarre, counter-intuitive effort to break from the organization's past.

For years they have seemed to go out of their way to not celebrate the Glory Years ... to not have former players around, to not tap into the deep rich history of the franchise. Instead, they seemed to have wanted to scrub the record clean and pretend Redskins history started again sometime around, oh, 1999.

That, it would seem, has changed.

But don’t take my word...

More...

Last edited:
That is music to my ears. Those guys are family and should have been treated as such. Allen gets it.

My question is, "what was Cerrato doing at Redskiins' Park today?" I know there were some events, but his presence there concerns me. Didn't Coach Gibbs refuse an appearance so as to not disrupt Zorn's authority? I think you guys get the point!

As for your piece Om, I think it is hugely important for former World Champions to assist in creating a different culture at Redskins Park, elevating the current standard. I applaud #74 and any other lifelong Redskins' player who wants to come in and mentor these young men. Listening to Darnell Dockett today http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/06/darnell_dockett_on_the_redskin.html I was left to wonder how much of what he was saying is true how a serious change is needed and some weeds definitely need to be pulled.

Also, wasn't there discourse in the not too distant past here on BGO suggesting we don't look back at all, not even to the glory years, but look forward to the dawn of an new era?

I like the idea. I like the piece. I like what Starke has to say.

But I don't have that little smile on my face. And I won't until this turns around. I believe that we are WELL on the right track. But I've believed that too many times before to believe without proof.

I like the idea. I like the piece. I like what Starke has to say.

But I don't have that little smile on my face. And I won't until this turns around. I believe that we are WELL on the right track. But I've believed that too many times before to believe without proof.
I get that, brother. A lot of people feel that way.

Personally, I've been around long enough to have decided to enjoy the roses I come across on the journey, not hold out for a Garden of Eden at some undefined destination I may never live to see.

Or something like that. :)

Personally, I've been around long enough to have decided to enjoy the roses I come across on the journey, not hold out for a Garden of Eden at some undefined destination I may never live to see.

Well, you are a few years older than me. And I'm not a particularly fast learner. So, point taken. :)

That's exactly how I feel about it Om. Makes being a fan easier, and makes the possible successes of the future all that sweeter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.