• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Vick a Redskin?

I don't think the Skins will sign Vick. This would be a public relations nightmare first and foremost. Vick wants to play and Zorn says not doing Wildcat offense, so where would he fit? Would he be 3rd or 4th QB? I may be wearing burgundy colored glasses, but just don't see Vick as a Redskin.

I need advice from my B&G family. I received 18 text messages last night about rumors that Vick might become a Redskin. Well we all know how the rumor mill is around here but I am confused on how to approach this situation. As most of you know I am an animal rights activist. I work with the Humane Society and I am the Director of Adoptions for a Basset Hound Rescue based out of VA Beach. I am also an ex Vet Tech who has seen the consequences of dog fighting. The rescue I work with helped house some of the Beagles Vick used as bait dogs. Y’all also know I love my B&G and I am a true Redskin fan.

The thought of Vick being a Redskin turns my stomach. The pig headed side of me refuses to have anything to do with the team including going to games if they sign Vick. After some intense thought this morning I did have to realize that if his heart is pure and he realizes what he did was wrong and he is willing to help others not make the same mistakes he did that I need to give him a second chance and forgive him. I am battling my love for the Redskins and my beliefs with animal cruelty. I am confused and I need my B&G family’s thoughts on this situation and I am also asking my animal rescue group members their thoughts on this situation. Most of our members are Redskin fans and football fans so I assume they will be as confused as I am. :cry:

Without reading the replies to you, here's my thoughts. I don't care how much time the guy did, he abused defenseless animals, and I rank that just below rapists and child molesters. Decorum keeps me from stating what I would do with people like him. He can tell you all day long he's sorry, and heart is pure, but I don't buy it. He's a product of his environment, where given any night of the week, down some dark hollow you'll find a dog fighting ring. Hell, until unnamed Redskin players changed their statements, it seemed that they found it not so objectionable, as it's just a form of entertainment in the rural south.

I know it goes on all around the country, but it's more prevalent down here. I pray that this guy never even steps on our home field as an opponent, I despise him that much. It's not like he's the best thing to happen to the sport since the days of leather helmets. He's a carbuncle on the ass of pro football, and if by some odd chance he became a Redskin, I'll spend my time following another team till he's no longer with the Redskins.

It's not just about animals.
It's about the whole culture of people who will do anything for money. It's part of a dark side afflicting society that may have seemed like entertainment in the past but is something totally different now.

Hap- I never thought you condoned Vick. I know you better than that. :love: I was just explaining that even I have been young and dumb when it comes to driving reckless. I should know better also as my brother was killed in a car wrech at USAFA when I was 12 and he was 21. There is just something in the genes of young people that make them think they are superman and do anything and everything without hurting themself or others.

Miles- It is an issue across the US. I am from the deep south as I grew up in SC. Some view it as a sport and an ego boost as my dog is better than your dog.

It is interesting to see different views on how our fans would accept a player that goes against our values as a person. So many fans support players and teams no matter what they stand for in life.

Hap- I never thought you condoned Vick. I know you better than that. :love: I was just explaining that even I have been young and dumb when it comes to driving reckless. I should know better also as my brother was killed in a car wrech at USAFA when I was 12 and he was 21. There is just something in the genes of young people that make them think they are superman and do anything and everything without hurting themself or others.
Yeah Hap, I share Huly's sentiments as well.

Even after all of the statements by the FO stating that they do not want Vick, people are still linking Vick to the Redskins. I really don't think Snyder wants to jeopardize any of his STH or fanbase by signing this guy. I just don't think they can handle the backlash that would come with Vick.

There are some guys with questionable character playing in the league, but I think Vick has caused the most uproar probably on the level with OJ Simpson. I hope that the Redskins don't sign him.

I have no inside information. But here is my guess:

1. Jim Zorn has 2009 to prove himself to Snyder. His future and Campbell's are linked as both will either be back or be sent packing after the season.

2. If Zorn stays it will be because Campbell develops and performs. If he leaves, I think the Redskins will look to hire Mike Shanahan and he will come in and want to acquire his own quarterback.

So, because no one that is acquired now has enough time to learn the system the team won't add anyone else at qb for 2009.

And Snyder won't commit resources to Vick or anyone else on a multi-year deal for 2010 or beyond so as not to hamstring a Shanahan or Mike Holmgren.

It would make the most sense for Vick to be reunited with Jim Mora Jr. in Seattle.

Hasselbeck is 34 years old and has a recent injury history. Seneca Wallace doesn't look like the future. Vick can come in, be the backup in 2009 and perhaps push for a starting job in 2010 with a coach he trusts and who trusts him.

There have been several articles in the media where they are now quoting Zorn as saying the Redskins are not interested in Vick. I am starting to feel a bit better about it now.

There have been several articles in the media where they are now quoting Zorn as saying the Redskins are not interested in Vick. I am starting to feel a bit better about it now.

I just posted the official transcript of Zorn's comments today, addressing the Vick question again.

Anyone else happy now that we let the Eagles be the ones to waste $100 million on this fool?

Gotta agree with Fear. It's so nice not to have my hopes dashed for the gazillionth time on a Sunday afternoon. I embrace the breather...

I hate the bye week. I really do.

I'm with you. Way too much time to ponder of lots of silly **** like Vick becoming a Skin.....

Shanny out, Porky Reid in... I know, nobody's said it that one..... yet.

Even really crazy what if's, like what it would have been like if Spurrier had RGIII as his QB.

Does Cooley prefer paper or plastic, and how does it effect his concentration while running a rout in comparison to pass protection.

Sunday can't come soon enough... then we crawl out of the basement :)

Are you aware this thread was started almost 3 1/2 years ago, during Training Camp of 2009 ?

Completely aware, which is even more proof that a week off gives people time to dig up some old threads that may have a new twist like Vick likely getting the boot at seasons end, which of course, sooner or later, somebody will post wanting him to back up Robert, or split duty, or some other silly ****.

This isn't the only old, old thread that has surfaced this week. I don't mind at all, as it gives a look into the mind set of our group then and now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.