• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

For Daniels, Retirement Can Wait

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/For_Daniels__Retirement_Can_Wait_44220.jsp

A year ago, Phillip Daniels could only sit and stare at his knee and contemplate his NFL future.

He had suffered a season-ending knee ligament injury on the first practice of the first day of 2008 training camp. Still recovering from surgery, he would go on to spend countless hours rehabbing the knee at Redskins Park.

Daniels wasn’t so sure he would return for the 2009 season, though.

Retirement was an option for the 36-year-old defensive lineman. And he wasn’t entirely sure the Redskins wanted him back.

Finally, the Redskins showed interest in bringing Daniels back last March. In turn, Daniels committed to the Redskins for another season. He signed a deal with the club a month after becoming an unrestricted free agent. The 12-year NFL veteran has played for the Redskins since 2004.

“I feel great, man,” Daniels said. “Getting with my old buddies and the coaching staff. Being on the Redskins. A chance for us to go out there, do some good things this year and try to win a Super Bowl.”

The championship dream continues to drive Daniels.

It’s clear that returning for another season wasn’t an easy decision, though.

Daniels’ family proved to be a big factor.

CLICK LINK FOR REST OF ARTICLE

Met Daniels after a game last season and we had dinner in the players tent. He was one cool dude. I'm happy the team saw fit in bringing him back. The guys on the Defense really respect him.

You can't help but root for the guy. I hope all that power-lifting can translate into bull-rush penetration into the backfield and maybe a few sacks. Daniels winning "Comeback Player of the Year" would mean great things for the team.

Great guy, but bottom line, if he returns to form he is a great fit for the defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.