• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Colt Brennan - Year Two

LizKauai

Camp Fodder
Reaction score
Well, I guess, as we head into TC and Preseason, I might as well start a Colt Brennan thread. Here is where he feels he is at right now:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-07-27/qa-redskins-qb-colt-brennan

"Colt Brennan is about to start his second season in the NFL after making the Redskins' roster as a sixth-round pick last year. Brennan talked to Sporting News Radio's Tim Montemayor about his prospects with the Redskins and rising from a walk-on to record-setting passer at Hawaii.

Q: Talk to me about you and your situation with the Redskins. Are you looking forward to training camp?

A: Well, I love the team. You can't ask for a better franchise. The fans are passionate, awesome. I love where I'm at right now. Right now, it's a big preseason for me. I get to step in this year. They've already made it clear that they're going to play me a ton in the preseason. We get to play four very talented teams and talented defenses, and that's going to be my test. And right now, it seems like it's in everyone's hands. For Jason Campbell it's his last year (of his contract)—it's in his hands to go out and earn that second contract. And for me, it's my chance to go out there for the second year and prove I belong, have a great preseason and show maybe I could be a starter one day."

Can't wait to see how he does during the pre-season. I hope if Campbell fails, Colt steps up.

Liz- you are a great Colt fan, that must be applauded. Also with that said, may the best man play. If that is Colt, great for him. I think he is a good young guy and I wish him the best. I just want us to win, and whoever gives us the best shot needs to lead. I think it will be JC this year, but I also think it's make it or break it. Nothing hurt by Colt being #2 or#3 this year- he can learn and will stay healthy.

colt is another redskin i can't wait to see in camp. does anyone know if he is redeveloping his mechanics? if he hasn't, i doubt he will find success at this level.
i will give him this though -- the kid's got moxie, the IT that i think blondie was talking about in another thread.

Liz- you are a great Colt fan, that must be applauded. Also with that said, may the best man play. If that is Colt, great for him. I think he is a good young guy and I wish him the best. I just want us to win, and whoever gives us the best shot needs to lead. I think it will be JC this year, but I also think it's make it or break it. Nothing hurt by Colt being #2 or#3 this year- he can learn and will stay healthy.

Yup- Colt is looking at #2 this year. I am patient...

I am praying that Jason Campbell will have a BREAKOUT YEAR this year and help get the Redskins' winning tradition back on track! Having a solid #2 is an asset and I'm also praying that Colt earns that slot this year.

In the meantime, I am cracking up on his latest escapades with CC47!

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/2009/07/j-wit-dogs-fantasy-files.html
http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/2009/07/tony-romos-fantasy-files.html

HTTR!

I think Colt is going to have a hard time beating out Collins, who Zorn and the rest of the staff have really grown to love and are very comfortable with. If JC falters or gets hurt, I would bet Collins starts as long as the playoffs are still a possibility. Once they are not, Colt will be under center.

Either way, unless he really flops in preseason and camp, Colt will probably the number two at worst next year.

Brennan has a lot of early Romo in him.

A lot of bravado, capable of making plays in a sandlot setting in the preseason. Measurables that really don't impress the coaches.

It will be very interesting to see if Brennan can rise from the obscurity of being a #6 pick to starting a game in the NFL.

Colt is a systematic player with quick reads in a gametime scenario. Practice makes perfect. He needs the reps so for that reason, a #2 spot at the start of this season would be a very good thing.

liz - did you catch rich's writeup on colt?...
http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=298:betterwink:

Yes, thanks... good stuff!

I am not worried about Colt in camp. The real test for him will be preseason. He "is" the Sundance Kid when it comes to the opportunity to "move". I am confident that he will have it all put together by then.
Colt is a student of the business and he has come prepared to work.

http://www.starbulletin.com/specialp...t_warrior.html

The Greatest Warrior

Colt Brennan took the Hawaii football program to its highest heights

"While Brennan's grasp of the offense his first season was lacking, his playmaking ability was undeniable. So expectations ticked up a notch in 2006, and the Warriors came within 18 points of going undefeated during an 11-3 season as Brennan set an NCAA record with 58 touchdown passes.

Although Brennan looks back on the 2006 team -- which he regards as the most talented of his tenure -- with a sense of "what if," he now views those tight losses as a key to the 2007 campaign.

Energized by Brennan's decision to pass on the NFL and return for his senior season, the Warriors entered that fall with a favorable schedule and visions of an undefeated regular season.

Those plans could have crumbled at several points, particularly when the Warriors faced fourth-quarter deficits at Louisiana Tech, San Jose State and Nevada and fell behind 21-0 against Washington.

But each time, they found a way to preserve the zero in the loss column.

"People correlate sports and life all the time, and that's exactly what it was," said Brennan, who passed for 442 yards and five touchdowns against Washington in his farewell appearance at Aloha Stadium."
"The biggest thing now is becoming a man," he said. "When I was here I was finding myself. Now that I've found myself, it's maturing into who I want to be in the future."

Last edited:
I hope he can do something this year. He was fun to watch in Hawai

Liz, I realize we had our arguments on ES and I just wanted to let you know that what I said over there was all jokes. Just getting the people over there riled up. In reality I think that Brennan has the tools and skill set to be a starter in this league and do think that he will be starting by the end of the year. So yes, consider me on the CB5 bandwagon now.

CB5 to Santana for a 65-yard TD this morning in 9-on-9 drills.

Although, consensus is that Campbell had his best practice of camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Colt's website:
http://coltbrennan5.proboards.com/in...read=65&page=1

gn0427slgr

Today (8-6) it rained the whole practice.

Colt was still signing in the tent area. All the other players had already gone inside. Colt started to but the fans kept yelling Colt, Colt, Colt, so he stopped and came over to the fence and signed for every single fan that was there.

Again Colt was the last player doing autographs & photos.

The Cult of Colt is growing and growing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.