• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV host Art Linkletter dies at 97

Sarge

I liked that guy. Man, 2010 is racking up celbs

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37362082/ns/today-entertainment/

LOS ANGELES — Art Linkletter, who as the gently mischievous host of TV's "People Are Funny" and "House Party" in the 1950s and '60s delighted viewers with his ability to get kids — and grownups — to say the darndest things on national television, died Wednesday. He was 97.

I grew up with Art Linkletter-and enjoyed him immensely. Great guy.

Yeah, Sarge, a lot of our old favs have left already this year-but Art was 97, so I can't say he didn't have a full life. He made me and a lot of other people laugh and feel good, and that is one hell of a contribution to have made.

RIP, Mr Linkletter-you did very well, indeed. You will be missed. :claps:

I woke up the other morning to the radio on the alarm clock. They were playing a clip from one of his kid interviews.

'Johnny - what would you do if you were President of the United States?'

'I'd keep my mouth shut!'

The interviews Linkletter did with kids were really classic. My favorite of many I remember was him interviewing a little boy, with plaid short-sleeve shirt and a crew cut, in the 1960's.

"What does your Dad do for fun Billy?'
"He drinks beer and smokes cigars'
"And your mother, what does SHE do for fun?"
"Mama don't have no fun!"

Anyway, sounds like AL lived about as full a life as any of us could hope for, and accomplished one of the most noble goals, bringing laughter and smiles to his fellow human beings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.