• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Physical Fitness/Training Thread

I've been lifting for a long time, despite the fact I'm only 24.

My workouts are typically an 45 minutes lifting, 15-20 mins cardio, 20 minutes of shadow boxing.

2-3 days a week I'm doing 2.5-3 hours of MMA.

Today:

EASY DAY! WOOO!

Push Press 135x5, 145x5, 155x5
T-Bar Rows 1 platex5, 2 plates x5, 3 plates x5

Mini Iso Complex: 25 lbs (lat raises, front raises, hammer curls, one arm db skull crushers)

10 mins of Incline Walk (with one sprint on an MPH of 12.0 for 45 seconds) at a 10% grade.

And in a couple hours I'll be doing 20-30 mins of shadow boxing.

MMA tomorrow at noon.

I weighed in at 173 today. When I start fighting in the cage I'll be fighting at 165, so I need to get to 170 and stay there.

Last edited:
Rest is dependent on what you're doing. As a power lifter, my rest periods are 2-3 minutes between sets. When I do lighter weight stuff, I keep it to 30-60 seconds of rest.

But there's no real rule. When you're ready to go, go. Just make sure you wait at least 30 seconds. :)

I logged 83+ miles in July, my highest monthly total to date in the hottest, most humid, month of the year so far.

I plan to top 100 in August before moving to more speed work in September in preparation for my first 5K of the season on October 4th.

Today:

Bench (180x5, 210x5, 240x8)
Pull Ups (7 sets of 5)

Mini Complex:
Kroc Rows
One arm DB Lat Raises
DB Military Press
Hammer Curls
DB One Arm Skull Crushers
DB Clean and Jerk

3 sets, 10 reps of all except Kroc Rows/DB Clean and Jerk which I did heavier for 5, 3, 1 reps.

30 mins of Shadow Boxing and Plyometrics

When I start fighting in the cage I'll be fighting at 165, so I need to get to 170 and stay there.

are you seriously getting in the cage, kdawg? are you in mma training? i'm a huge fight fan. brown/faber is my favorite rivalry right now.

are you seriously getting in the cage, kdawg? are you in mma training? i'm a huge fight fan. brown/faber is my favorite rivalry right now.

Training in MMA, yup.

Getting in the cage is a goal, absolutely.

I'm a Lesnar guy. But there's a bunch of guys that I enjoy watching. Lately, Cub Swanson has grown on me.

Today:

Deadlift (250x5, 285x5, 325x8)
Leg Press (2x350x6)
Box Jumps 3x10
Side to Side Box Jumps 2x10
Jumping Over Box 2x10
Overhead Squat (bar x 8, 95x6)

No conditioning/cardio work today.

Training in MMA, yup.

Getting in the cage is a goal, absolutely.

I'm a Lesnar guy. But there's a bunch of guys that I enjoy watching. Lately, Cub Swanson has grown on me.

so when you finally step into the cage let us know, i'll be watching -- heck, if you're in the area, i'll be there!

so when you finally step into the cage let us know, i'll be watching -- heck, if you're in the area, i'll be there!

Well, I'm from Rochester, NY... And seeing how you can't sanction a fight here, there's a chance I would be in that area.

There, Atlantic City, Boston and Pennsylvania.

I'll let you know for sure.

Today:

Military Press (100x5, 115x5, 130x8)
Lat Pull Down (95x5, 115x5, 170x5)

Circuit:
DB Bench (90 lb DBs)
DB One Arm Snatches (30 lb DBs)
DB Thrusters (30 lb DBs)

5 reps of each per circuit. 3 sets.

HIIT 10 minutes.

I went on a 5 mile run this morning, that is up from my usual Mon Wed Fri 3 mile runs. Since i go running early in the morning i can only go so far because i have to go to work afterwards, but Saturdays i can now go for longer distances now.

7.25 miles last night (no morning person here). It feels like soooo much farther in this heat & humidity.

44 miles on the bike this morning. It was mid-80's and humid, but there was a breeze the whole way, so really felt pretty good out there :)

Forgot to post on Thursday/Friday/Saturday... Heh... I worked out :p

Today:

Bench Press (185x3, 225x3, 250x6, 225x7)
Pull Ups (5 sets of 7 reps)

Mini Complex:
One Arm DB Snatch (30 lbs)
DB Shoulder Press (30 lbs)
DB Hammer Curls (30 lbs)
DB Shrugs (30 lbs)

3 sets, 8 reps each. Got a good sweat going here.

25 minutes on the treadmill. Did intervals, some with high incline low speed, moderate incline moderate speed, no incline and high speed and everything in between.

No boxing work today.

Tomorrow is deadlift/box jumps/lower body complex/10 minutes of HIIT/MMA

Weighed in at 172. Boo to gained weight. Boo!

Today:

Deadlift (265x3, 305x3, 340x8)
Box Jumps (5x10)

Mini Complex:
DB Hang Cleans (60 lbs)
DB Jump Squats (30 lbs)

3x5 for each.

Back Bridges with 15 lb medicine ball, 1 minute x 3 times.

No boxing work...

MMA in an hour and a half...

well... a black eye, huge lump on the back of my head and a cut on my other eye later... i still love doing mma! woo!

I'm no health nut, but, during the week, I eat sensibly and avoid alcohol, (during the week that is :)) I drink nothing but water, coffee and G2's. On weekends and holiday's add beer to that equation.

We're fortunate enough to go to have a Gold's gym across the street.

I go four days a week. Light lifting and 30-45 minutes of cardio afterwards.

I definitely won't win any body-building contests, but I'm decent shape, (I've maintained 215lbs for past 20+ years), and have a lot of energy.

I could probably drop to 200 if I dieted and quit drinking, but good food and drink is one of lifes pleasures and ain't no way I'm giving that up. To me life ain't worth living if you have to eat Kashi & salads all the time. Besides, I would look like a bean-pole at 200lbs.

BTW, great thread, I like to see other peoples routines.

I don't think there's anything to laugh at there :) I've never tried it, but I've had more than a few friends share the same kind of experience. Go for it brother :cheers:

I've actually gained some weight recently - started lifting recently (mostly light weights with lots of reps) and think that's probably why. I've got good genes and add muscle pretty quickly. Going to take the bike riding up a couple notches soon. Doing 50 miles tomorrow.

I'm in the best shape I've been in in over a decade. That can't be a bad thing :)

50 mile bike ride this morning. I'm feeling it a little bit, gonna take a nice long shower and warm up some steak from last night. That'll help :)

I did my 5 mile saturday run yesterday and will do a 3 mile run tomorrow morning before work. I think im gonna start lifting weights on the mornings i do not run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.