• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins, UFL among Doug Williams' options

BGO

A week after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced that director of pro personnel Doug Williams had stepped down, a new report says Williams is weighing offers from the Washington Redskins and the United Football League.Thomas George of FanHouse reports that...

More...

I haven't been following this, so I have no idea what, if anything, the Redskins have 'offered' to Williams (if anything). What I find hard to believe though, is the idea that Williams might be 'weighing' the Redskins vs. a 'UFL' job. That just doesn't seem possible. Given that only the UFL spokesman confirms there have talks but there's no mention of the Redskins providing a quote - sounds more like the UFL offer is the only one currently on the table. Besides, I think there is a lot more required for a coach or front office guy to be successful beyond him being a former player and a good guy.

Since Doug Williams has been quite respected as a coach at Grambling and in the FO at Tampa, I'd gladly welcome him back to the Redskins fold.

What I find hard to believe though, is the idea that Williams might be 'weighing' the Redskins vs. a 'UFL' job. That just doesn't seem possible.

They could be offering him the whole show for the UFL club, whereas in DC he'd be under Allen at the very least, maybe others. That's the only way I can think he'd actually consider the UFL over the NFL.

A key part here is that the UFL job isn't even real yet.

It's for a possible UFL team in Norfolk. The UFL has not even announced a team in Norfolk.

I haven't been following this, so I have no idea what, if anything, the Redskins have 'offered' to Williams (if anything). What I find hard to believe though, is the idea that Williams might be 'weighing' the Redskins vs. a 'UFL' job. That just doesn't seem possible. Given that only the UFL spokesman confirms there have talks but there's no mention of the Redskins providing a quote - sounds more like the UFL offer is the only one currently on the table. Besides, I think there is a lot more required for a coach or front office guy to be successful beyond him being a former player and a good guy.

agree.

any idea on what the job title would be?

Aren't we in need of a Director of Personnel or the like? Isn't that one of the guys that got fired?

The Tampa Bay FO wasn't ever really considered to be one of the better Front Offices in the league, and while Doug Williams is certainly one of the Redskins greats I'm not sure he's someone we need in our Front Office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.