• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Feature: Post your Alma Mater in your Profile

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Intensely proud of your Alma Mater? Let everyone know where the non-Burgundy and Gold part of your heart lies by posting your college or university logo in your member profile.

It's as easy as going to your User CP, then selecting Edit Your Details. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a drop-down menu where you can select from any NCAA Division 1 school. Find your Alma Mater, save the changes, and every time you post, you'll display your school with pride. In the unlikely event you don't see your school's logo among the options, let us know and we'll be glad to add it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijkYkJfg0s[/media]

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Or maybe just show off your allegiance to a school you wish you could have attended but didn't? :)

That works too :)

Or, perhaps, just to let folks know where you went to school. :)

Some of the more detailed pics don't translate well at a smaller size - I'll take care of finding better versions as I see those. That's the 1950's 'old school' version of the Colgate logo, but you probably already knew that :)

Support UVA when comes to Division 1. I went to Christopher Newport University, which is a Division III athletic school. Didn't have a football team until 2001.

This image may work better for FAU:

Jamie, what years were you at FAU? I lived in Palm Beach Gardens from 1996- 2006.

Wow! I just looked at my profile and noticed Chief Osceola. I went to FSU because it was cheap since I was a resident of Florida, but never thought I would be proud of that. I am a Seminole!

Jamie, what years were you at FAU? I lived in Palm Beach Gardens from 1996- 2006.

Wow! I just looked at my profile and noticed Chief Osceola. I went to FSU because it was cheap since I was a resident of Florida, but never thought I would be proud of that. I am a Seminole!

I was at FAU from Fall 98 through Summer 2005, at the Boca campus until 2002, then down in Dania Beach until 2005 (senior year and grad school).

Support UVA when comes to Division 1. I went to Christopher Newport University, which is a Division III athletic school. Didn't have a football team until 2001.
How about that ... my oldest daughter just finished her Junior year there, my son his freshman year. Depending how long ago you graduated/visited, you may or may not even recognize what Senor Tribble has done with the place.

Oh, and depending on how you look at it, they (we) still don't really have a football team. :cool4:

OM, I live about 15-20 minutes from the school. I've seen what Trible has built and it's not the same school I graduated from.

My son, a senior at Tabb High, is on wait list. If doesn't get accepted this round, he plans to attend local community college and transfer to CNU. I also have some contacts working on pulling some strings.

If your kids need anything while there feel free to have them get in touch with me.

LOL…my son has a buddy from wrestling team that plays football for the Captains. He should be a rising junior.

I heard that.

:moon:

Hey, Dad is UVa Alum, I got to spend time with some of his old profs working on a Jr High science project and I grew up 45 minutes from the place (takes over an hour now due new stop lights on 29 brought on by "progress"). I wanted to go there to school but apparently GPA mattered. Who knew? ;)

OM, I live about 15-20 minutes from the school. I've seen what Trible has built and it's not the same school I graduated from.

My son, a senior at Tabb High, is on wait list. If doesn't get accepted this round, he plans to attend local community college and transfer to CNU. I also have some contacts working on pulling some strings.

If your kids need anything while there feel free to have them get in touch with me.

LOL…my son has a buddy from wrestling team that plays football for the Captains. He should be a rising junior.
Well ... my daughter is in desperate need of a cheap, reliable used car. :bucktooth:

Keeping a good thought for your son's chances. Maybe I'll ask my daughter to see what she can do ... she works part time in Admissions. ;)

Hey, Dad is UVa Alum, I got to spend time with some of his old profs working on a Jr High science project and I grew up 45 minutes from the place (takes over an hour now due new stop lights on 29 brought on by "progress"). I wanted to go there to school but apparently GPA mattered. Who knew? ;)
Ah ... guess I assumed that oogly V with the crossed swords in your postbit meant you were tweaking us flannel shirt and muddy boot types from them Blacksburgian hills. Not that I have thin skin or anything. ;)

Well ... my daughter is in desperate need of a cheap, reliable used car. :bucktooth:

Keeping a good thought for your son's chances. Maybe I'll ask my daughter to see what she can do ... she works part time in Admissions. ;)

Define cheap and may be able to help. :D

My son may be more interested if your daughter is cute and has lots of cute friends, but he would appreciate any help. :laugh2:

Was mostly kidding, but ... cheap in this case would be $5 - 6K.

If appropriate we should probably take this to PM. :)

Some of the more detailed pics don't translate well at a smaller size - I'll take care of finding better versions as I see those. That's the 1950's 'old school' version of the Colgate logo, but you probably already knew that :)
I'm all about the old school logo--that's from the end of the period when the Colgate (yes, the toothpaste Colgate) family had a relationship with the school. In any case, I do really appreciate it J. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.