• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GREAT Find By Terry...

Nice find indeed. Loving the late round, and undrafted finds Shanahan seems to get for the O-line. Love the mentality they bring to the table as well, one of having to prove themselves, since no one else wanted them.

"You receivers and tight ends have got to pay more attention to your blocking," Kubiak says. "The difference between a good running football team and a great running football team is the receivers. The difference between an eight-yard run and a 30-yard run is your blocking."
Suddenly the Joey Galloway move makes a whole lot more sense.

Suddenly the Joey Galloway move makes a whole lot more sense.

Also mayb the move to pick a TE in FA, the draft and sign an UDFA rook even though we have both Cooley and Davis already.

"It's the most technically sound line I've coached against," says New Orleans Saints coach Jim Haslett, an eight-year NFL veteran.

and now he's coaching with them.....

very nice article, bravo Terry for finding it and bravo mugsy for posting the link.
:claps::claps::claps::claps:

Terry, thanks for finding this article and Mugsy for posting it here.

What a refreshing thought. "TEAMWORK" Great to read about the inner workings of a Shanahan team and how he expects everyone to pull their own weight and more.

I can't wait to get the party started.

My question is just how important a factor was Alex Gibbs in all that line success and can Shanahan do it with Forester or is Gibbs really the "secret sauce" that made it work.

My question is just how important a factor was Alex Gibbs in all that line success and can Shanahan do it with Forester or is Gibbs really the "secret sauce" that made it work.
A valid question indeed. Likewise, I'll be passively following the Texans this season, in particular, the success of the Matt Shaub and that passing offense that finished 1st in the league last year. With all due respect to Shaub, I also wonder how important a factor Kyle Shanahan was to them. We may not have Gibbs, but I'm confident we got a pretty nice sauce of our own. Who knows, maybe Kyle is revolutionizing the passing game like his father did the running game.

Shanahan was blessed with Elway and Gibbs was not.

But the Broncos that won in the 1990's resembled the 1980's Redskins quite a bit.

Terrell Davis was a #6 pick. Rod Smith was an undrafted free agent. Ed McCaffrey was picked up in free agency after being released by the Giants. Matt Lepsis was a converted tight end, etc.

The Broncos won with several star players and a roster full of worker bees that gave 110%.

The Redskins placed guys in the HOF but those teams were paced as much by the continuity brought by the Don Warrens, Monte Colemans, Dave Butz, Raleigh McKenzies, Gary Clarks, etc. as they were by the Riggins and Monks.

Any of us who are old enough to remember those great Redskins teams have been hoping that they would move back the true team concept that made those team special.

It's not something that will happen overnight but I think Shanahan understands the concept and knows how to make it work. Now he just need the time to pull it off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.