• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Times Square Car Bomb Suspect Faces Terrorism Charges After Admitting to Plot

Sarge

I'm sorry. I can't contain myself any longer

What the hell are these clowns doing? Everyone is sitting around congratulating themselves when it was a hot dog vendor that saved everyone's asses.

Why is Holder (who should be fire) marandizing this guy?
Why isn't he in Gitmo being waterboarded? Because he "acted alone" my ass.
Why are the cops telling the world how this guy was tracked down, talking about how the VIN number on cars is located in several different places? All this is being tranlated into arabic or farsi as we speak so they won't make the same mistake again. I guess it's all about"transparency" :rolleyes:

Why was this guy put on the "No Fly" list only hours before he almost escaped and yet was still ablel to get on a plane?

Why did Holder (Who should be fired) initially say this clown was apprehended in concourse, but in reality the little terrorist was on the aircraft and was already taxiing out?

When is someone in the media going to hold the nitwit mayor of New York responsible for his initial comment about this being the act of "someone that had a problem with health care or something"?

:mad::soapbox::cuss:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/04/pakistani-american-arrested-times-square-plot/

Pakistani-born U.S. citizen Faisal Shahzad has admitted trying to set off a car bomb in busy Times Square and will face terrorism and mass destruction charges, Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday.

Holder said in a press conference that Shahzad has been charged with an act of terrorism and attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction in the May 1 bomb plot.

Holder said Shahzad, who has provided "valuable information" to investigators, attempted to carry out a "lethal terrorist attack" aimed at "murdering Americans in one of the busiest places in our country."

Deputy FBI director John Pistole said Shahzad was placed on the No Fly list just hours before he was arrested Monday -- a key step in preventing him from fleeing the country on a flight to Dubai, he said.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Customs and Border Protection officials at the airport ordered that the flight be stopped before takeoff. Napolitano said they were able to arrest Shahzad on the plane and turned him over to the FBI -- though she declined to say how he was able to board the flight if he was on the No Fly list.

Sarge, when do you ever contain yourself?

Sarge, when do you ever contain yourself?

Now I've been a good boy. There have been soooo many opportunites over the past year and a half with this bunch, and nary a word.

But when things go from bad to Keystone Cop, and they get the free media pass, well................

Actually Henry, I think he has refrained from any extremely inflammatory posts like we saw over at another site.

I have to agree with Sarge! Where is the outcry against Bloomberg and other officials who were actually suggesting this could be a case where a right wing zealot is responsible. Are these officials and the far left media outlets who were making these claims coming out to say they were wrong?

As far as the officials in place and their reaction...Holder and Napolitano should be gone, but of course they are going to tout their success in capturing Shazhad. But they have to reconsider their treatment of the "ISLAMIC Extremists who are hell bent on killing us! There are right wing groups out there who are on the fringe, but it seems like this administration is more hell bent on capturing right wing nuts than they are capturing the real threat to this country!

Obama came into office promising unity. He has been the most polarizing President in 50 years. How can you try to avert attention from the real threat, ISLAMIC terrorists, to a bogeyman, right wing militias? Because he is more concerned with politics than he is the well being of this country. He is not interested in the citizens of the United States, he is more interested in his own agenda. If that is not obvious to most, then just look at the way they handled this. Blame the Right...or...should I say suggest it was the Right not the real group involved, ISLAMIC Extremists!

Last edited:
And again, why the hell was this let out? It was on the CBS website for cryin' out loud before they pulled it

http://www.news-gate.info/tag/army-intelligence/

In the end, it was secret Army intelligence planes that did him in. Armed with his cell phone number, they circled the skies over the New York area, intercepting a call to Emirates Airlines reservations, before scrambling to catch him at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Then you have more media nitwits, like this MSNBC airhead, who's sorry that this wasn't done by a tea bagger or right wing extremist

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRmPTN07Iz4&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Nazi Mod :nana:

Now, if Elephant wants to see the days of old, ask ol" Sarge what we should do with the POS

Suddenly, I feel a disturbance in the Force

I sense many PM's flying saying "DON'T GET HIM GOING!"

"DON'T GET HIM CRANKED UP WE RUN A CLEAN SITE HERE!!!!!!!"

:laugh:

Sarge, I support you in 93% of your rants and extremely inflammatory posts. I know you are a little right of Attila the Hun, but I am Pat Buchanan right so I am right there with ya my friend! :D

I can't believe they are trying to invent reasons for this guy to try and blow up a NYC block. HE IS A TERRORIST. Its the definition of a sleeper cell, is it not? Why the hell are they trying to dissuade the public from thinking that? Makes no sense...unless its purposefully using disinformation.

The reason is obvious. Radical islam got to him. No more, no less. It's not because he was foreclosed on, or had racial slurs hurled at him or because he was discriminated agaisnt in some way. He was radicalized. Why the lamestream media keeps looking for some other reason is a testement to the lengths they will go to further their agenda.

Awesome :rolleyes:

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Exclusive-Documents-found-near-bomb-suspect-s-473608.php

SHELTON -- Faisal Shahzad's Pakistani passport, tax documents, greeting cards, academic records and immigration documents were found abandoned outside a Shelton home once owned by the man charged in the attempted Times Square car bombing.

The documents, mainly from 2000 and 2001, were found Tuesday morning by a Connecticut Post reporter outside the house at 119 Long Hill Ave. where Shahzad lived until about a year ago. The house is vacant and up for sale.

Police earlier had searched the property, according to neighbors.

How can this guy pay cash for a one way ticket to middle east and get on a plane....when I had a can of shaving cream confiscated the other day? I'm a little over 50, out of shape, gray hair, and buy round trip tickets for son and I, yet get treated like a terrorist?

I understand they have to make sure our air travel is safe, but a little common sense would go a long way.

Agree with Sarge on why you would tell future terrorist how you tracked him down. Next time they will find all the VIN's and mutilate them. Frustrating.

Feel a rant coming on, so will stop while ahead and blood pressure is normal.

I'm a little over 50, out of shape, gray hair, and buy round trip tickets for son and I, yet get treated like a terrorist?
Well!

You obviously fit the mold of a Tea Party Hitman, hell bent on the destruction of the world!

In the end, it was secret Army intelligence planes that did him in. Armed with his cell phone number, they circled the skies over the New York area, intercepting a call to Emirates Airlines reservations, before scrambling to catch him at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
That evil George Bush and his terror fighting tools.

Holder said in a press conference that Shahzad has been charged with an act of terrorism and attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction in the May 1 bomb plot.
Doesn't this mean we actually DID find WMD's in Iraq?

Doesn't this mean we actually DID find WMD's in Iraq?

Interesting concept. The definition of WMDs has sufficient open-endedness to allow varying interpretations. The historical goal of terrorism is the inducement of fear and loss of confidence of a target population in the ability of its government to adequately protect them thus ostensibly weakening said government. This would make the psychological component the main destructive element. It could then be formulated in such a way as to make membership in an acknowledged terrorist group or cell itself classifiable as a WMD. This perspective may not be palatable to some but it would seem exist as a plausible classification scheme.

Well!

You obviously fit the mold of a Tea Party Hitman, hell bent on the destruction of the world!

Thanks for the chuckle this morning. Maybe Hollywood will find a conservative to do something like the Bourne triology for me. :rotflmao:

Let me get back to work before fire myself.

How can this guy pay cash for a one way ticket to middle east and get on a plane....when I had a can of shaving cream confiscated the other day? I'm a little over 50, out of shape, gray hair, and buy round trip tickets for son and I, yet get treated like a terrorist?

Do what I did. I got tired of being busted every time I went through the checkpoint, so last time I was in India I bought a ready wrapped, ceramonial turbin, especially to wear in airports. Haven't been stopped since

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.