• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Enough Was Enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is great, truly wonderful. I come here first now for anything, which is very cool. The football discussions are great, mostly high level stuff.

I really enjoy it here, and couldn't imagine me anywhere else.

My God. I just reread that, and feel I need to apologize for the touchy feely stuff. Let's just say I enjoy it here :paranoid:
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

No one left ES on worst terms or with a bigger hissy fit than moi (although it may not have been thrown in public). Truth is, what drove me to leave and join by best friend in creating this place, was simply frustration over what 'could have been'. Man - we had created a beautiful thing there without the Redskins. I was naive to think that joining up with them would equate to us taking the site to new levels. I don't regret what we did - lets face it, how many fans get to cover the team they love from the sidelines - it was incredible experience, but in retrospect, it changed the site in ways we could never recover from, and in retrospect, making that deal may have been a little more selfish than those of us that really benefitted from it would like to admit. I still love that place, and a lot of the folks that love it too - but I also think its really nice to be able to talk Redskins football with some really smart passionate friends. I think that's what we're doing here.

Oh, and Mike? First of all, I am really glad you are here. And the fact that you seem to do just fine in a more open, tolerant environment - well, I think that speaks volumes. We really don't have to 'moderate' here. And man, is that a nice thing. Here's to hoping it stays that way for a long, long time.

Oh, and Mike? First of all, I am really glad you are here. And the fact that you seem to do just fine in a more open, tolerant environment - well, I think that speaks volumes. We really don't have to 'moderate' here. And man, is that a nice thing. Here's to hoping it stays that way for a long, long time.

I think this is perhaps more important to the atmosphere on the respective sites than the move to join the team (not that merging with the team didn't impact things, because it did). In the simplest of terms it can be summed up in the work "expectations". Ours are that we will need a minimum of moderation at the most and people act accordingly, policing themselves even. At the other site, their expectation is to have to heavily moderate and the membership there too acts accordingly.

And I don't say this in a vacuum either. I have some experience from a previous site where we had different mods and different expectations for the various sub-forums and I saw much the same environments develop.

Last edited:
...this is BGO and over here youll notice that most threads have more views than posts simply because I want to know what you think but I dont always have something to offer.

And the great thing about BGO is that it has the classic "home" feel of another site before a certain merger, yet has come up with some highly original ideas that makes it better. I also appreciate how this is a content oriented site and gets better based on what the members bring to the site.

That said, the site for which you speak is still a great site and there are people there who work very hard to keep the ginormous site in check. And trust me, you may still pop in there every once in a while just to see what's going on after taking a hiatus from it.
:clap2: :clap2:

cmon now! we all know size doesn't matter...or so I have been told....:)
Actually it does. Smaller is better....when it comes to message boards anyway. ;)

...it changed the site in ways we could never recover from, and in retrospect, making that deal may have been a little more selfish than those of us that really benefitted from it would like to admit. I still love that place, and a lot of the folks that love it too - but I also think its really nice to be able to talk Redskins football with some really smart passionate friends. I think that's what we're doing here.
I think it did change the site and there's no way it probably couldn't have. After all, why do you think the military decided to start "embedding" reporters with units?

Even so, I don't think anyone blames you all for making that move. After all, you guys put in an awful lot of unpaid hours making that site what it was/is, and getting a little inside access to the team was a nice and well deserved perk.

Last edited:
I have to throw my two cents in here. Having now visited between 60 and 70 fan boards from 20+ other NFL teams in my ongoing pursuit of "what does everybody else think?", I've noticed a tremendous variation in the tone, level of discussion, amount of juvenile flaming, name-calling, amount of respect accorded to other posters-and generally there is a personality that each fan board acquires. There are some very good boards out there-there are some that are nothing but online verbal abuse sessions-and everything in between.

However, and I admit to a certain bias here despite my attempts to mask it, BGO is the best overall NFL football fan board I have seen. There are good ones as I said, in Seattle, Arizona, San Fransisco, Green Bay and other places and the interesting thing is that the top quality boards I've seen regardless of team are almost exclusively non-team-affiliated independently owned and operated boards. I don't know if there is any correlation there but it's been an observation I've made in my online travels.

But, again, BGO has achieved a level that even the best boards of other teams can't quite reach-some come close as I said, but none other equals it. I'm glad to be a member.

Not a fan of black uni's.. but I like the idea of bringing back gold pants to the home uniforms.

I also like the burgundy on burgundy look as well. I just like to mix it up.. so things don't get too stagnant.

B on B i'd like once or twice a year and that's it.

Not a fan of black uni's either, and as I always thought that our colours are burgundy and gold, why all the white? For home games, we should wear burgundy top / gold pants, and when away, it should be white top / burgundy pants.

Not much of a fan of the burgundy on burgundy either. However, if our on-field performances improve dramatically, I wouldn't care what colour combination our uniform is.

As to all the uniform thoughts.

Burgundy..............................................and Gold!

It ain't that hard to grasp.

You want white on white, root for the Colts.
You want burgundy on burgundy, have your head examined.
You want black, buy a cat.

I can live with the burgundy on white, and vice versa.
I'd prefer, gold pants, with burgundy jerseys at home, and white on the road.

Hopefully, at a minimum, all our guys will wear the same setup on gameday. No more individual fashion statements for Mister's Portis, Rogers, and Moss.

I posted something the other day about 20 minutes later went to check another thread and wham it said id been banned for 3 days I always see hours old posts and people warning them hey fix that well withen 20 minutes no PM or nothing. Plus I had to rejoin with Sarge He is actually on another message board that i run

I still have full access at ES, and I'm also a member here. I won't be bringing anything related to ES here, nor will I take anything from here to ES.

Two different message boards, but both have a common goal.

Just a quick explanation - we generally don't *close* threads here - in fact, this may be the first. Every board/site is different, and the bottom line is, we have nothing but good thoughts for our brethren on other sites and count them as friends. There are likely positives and downsides every place you might visit on the www. We just feel strongly that it's not our place to foster an open discussion about it here. There's nothing wrong with the conversation, we'd just prefer it take place offline or via pm. Hope everyone can at least respect that sentiment. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.