• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Our Starting Right Tackle?

Right Tackle?

• Stephen Heyer

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Art Hicks

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Selvish Capers

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Our starting RT is not on the team yet.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skinsfan76

The Starter
Reaction score
Who is our starting right tackle as of right now? Hicks? Heyer?

We will go with Hicks if no other alternative. Just think we're watching waiver wire to find right guy.

I voted Capers, but only because I want him to win the job in camp. I honestly think the starting RT will be Heyer. Here's the OL as I see it:

Williams, Dockery, Rabach, Hicks, Heyer

I just hope we don't sign Flozell Adams. Anybody but him! I did vote "Our starting RT is not on the team yet". I agree with Riggins44, I think we are looking for the right guy. If Heyer, Hicks or Capers are really impressive at the next camp at RT then maybe we won't sign anyone. I also agree with Lanky Livingston in saying that I want Capers to win the job but he might need a little more developing. I think he will be the Redskins starting RT in 2011 and beyond.

Last edited:
i didnt vote cause im drunk and cant seem to click on that tiny dot...but my vote goes foe selvish...throw these b!tches to the wolves!!!

If we go into the season with who we have at RT, McNabb will be toast. I can't believe we're not still looking to trade or waiting out the waiver wire. Even if we get someone that could play decently for a year we'd be better off than staning pat

We’ve neglected the O-line for so long that it’s understandable that it might take more than one off season to get things back on track. We may have to cover for the RT position a little this season and address it through the draft next year. We also have several young guys on the team now who might develop after a year or two. It’ll be interesting to see these guys in pre-season and I’d like to at least get a look at them in real action before we make any moves.

I’d rather have a young guy in there who might not be quite ready, but has some up side and might grow into the role, than some retread that’s pushing 40 and on his last legs.

I am going to go Hicks. From what I have hear, Capers is not close to playing a significant role.

Also, what about Rinehart playing RT? I am not sure how fast or how long his reach is. Does anybody know about his injury status?

I don't think Rinehart is athletic enough to play RT from what I've seen. This is from his pre draft write up back in 08' (for what that's worth):

POSITIVES: Smart, tough blocker with outstanding feel for the position. Intelligent, makes good use of angles, and a terrific position blocker who seals defenders from the action. Strong, stays square, and effectively fights with his hands. Pushes defenders off the ball and plays with a nasty attitude.

NEGATIVES: Lacks footwork and blocking range and he.s at his best in a small area. Exploited by speedy, nimble opponents. Not effective on the move or off the line.

I have a feeling Shanny and Allen will still bring in more OL prospects that could switch things all around. Rumors are still out there that we want Brown from NO as LT for the next couple of years, which might then shift T. Williams to RT, who'll then move to LT in a couple of years.

I have a feeling Shanny and Allen will still bring in more OL prospects that could switch things all around. Rumors are still out there that we want Brown from NO as LT for the next couple of years, which might then shift T. Williams to RT, who'll then move to LT in a couple of years.

Yeah, there were a lot of interesting trade rumors flying around before the draft. Now......nothin. Maybe things will pick up closer to the opening of training camp.

NEGATIVES: Lacks footwork and blocking range and he.s at his best in a small area. Exploited by speedy, nimble opponents. Not effective on the move or off the line.

I have not seen that before. I guess that is why he was projected as a gurad at the next level. I just knew that he played LT in college, so I thought he could make the transition to RT.

I have not seen that before. I guess that is why he was projected as a gurad at the next level. I just knew that he played LT in college, so I thought he could make the transition to RT.

He's got short arms also.....not good for a tackle. But we really have no clue how good or bad rinehart is....he's only played in two games.

I also expect the Skins to bring in a few vet. OLs as we get closer to TC. These mini-camps give the coaches some opportunity on who should be here and who shouldn't be wasting their time.

I dont think they have a clue yet! So how would I?

My guess either Hicks or Capers.

I don't think Heyer is athletic enough to be in this scheme, he has heavy feet if memory serves.
Maybe thats why he's always tripping over them? :anonymous:

Artis Hicks unless the Redskins sign Flozell Adams and decide to break Trent Williams in on the right side for the first part of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.