• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Blog - Matt Terl - FedEx Goes HD Pt 7

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/29...-7-daktronics-to-deliver-hd-boards/#continued

FedExField Goes HD, Part 7: Daktronics To Deliver HD Boards, CEI To Provide Infrastructure

by Matt Terl on Apr 29th 2010 4:59PM

* Daktronics has been selected to design, manufacture and install video boards for both end zones at FedExField
* Each board will measure 28 feet high and 100 feet wide. That's three times larger than the Jumbotrons being replaced
* In comparison to consumer televisions, the display is equivalent to a 1200 inch diagonal screen
* It would take approximately 675 flat panel televisions (at 37 inches each) to fill the area of one of the new end zone boards
* Communications Engineering (CEI) will upgrade and expand the FedExField control room and stadium infrastructure to manage the HD programming.
* The video boards will communicate in "real time" with no transmission delays
* The LED (light emitting diode) technology provides superior brightness even in direct sunlight and can show up to 4.4 trillion shades of color
* More than 3.1 million individual LED pixels will illuminate the images on the two displays
* The boards require 21,400 feet (or 4.1 miles) of wiring
* Fans will have super-wide viewing angles for more visibility. The angles exceed 160 degrees horizontal (greater than 80 degrees on each side off center)
* Each end zone display will weigh approximately 34,000 pounds
* Project includes installation of Show Control System to enhance production values, event management and control of the multiple displays options that are available
* Daktronics will also install eight digital ribbon boards with four adjacent to the new end zone displays.
* Other technology enhancements include new game clocks, play clocks and replacement of other in-stadium video displays

Now if we can just start getting some replays on the screens around the stadium we'll be set! Drives me nuts, if you're not going to run any then have at least one screen on the local TV feed so we can get them. Otherwise having the screens is almost a complete waste.

Oh and while they're at it can we get a real professional announcer with something resembling class and ditch the Michael Buffer wannabe that does the job now?

Man oh man I would be pumped to see Allen and Shanny inject some professionalism and class into the stadium environment the way they seem to be doing with the team. I think that might make me as happy as the roster and coaching improvements.

I'd rather they improve the product on the field. Then it would be worth watching the replays.

I have no problem with them working diligently on both. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.