• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Draft needs via Veteran FA's

@DCGoldPants

The Rookie
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I will start by saying I am happy with our draft. I am fine with every single pick they made.

I also do believe they tried to move Haynesworth early and often.

That being said, in this current NFL Climate, are a number of Free Agennts available out there.

The Skins current need veteran depth at OL, LB and DB in my opinion.

Who do you guys think they should at least kick the tires on? Faneca? Adalius Thomas?

At this point, would you be open to bringing back some of the vets they cut as backups? Randy Thomas? Smoot?

I think Thomas is done, but I'd be game to bring back both for vet min and depth, if they measure up

no to any of the vets WE cut. im fine with others. nothing personal against smoot or thomas and the others...but we need to change the culture of this team...and letting those guys go is a huge part of that.

I can't see Randy Thomas in a ZBS and Smoot would really be more of a Free Safety. I think I'd rather have Darren Sharper over him. I've heard rumors of Buchanon being tried out as FS so we might stand pat there.

At this point, I really don't see any more additions being made unless Rocky gets dealt and we feel like we need another LB.

Post draft needs:

1. Veteran OT for depth/spot starter until Williams transitions to starting lineup

2. Free Safety

3. Outside linebacker opposite Brian Orakpo for the 3-4. Carter already failed in this assignment once before.

4. NT if Maake Kemoeatu is not ready by training camp in late July.

5. Kicker. I don't trust Justin Medlock or Graham Gano to kick a pressure field goal against an NFC East opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.