• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Biggest Surprise of the Draft

Biggest surprise for you of this year's draft?

• No QB taken at all.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No RB taken at all.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Taking an Offensive Lineman in the First Rd.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No DB taken at all.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Three OL guys taken total.

• Williams over Okung.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Another TE.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Not Trading Haynesworth

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Not Trading McIntosh

• Total voters

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Ok, so we have lived through the first draft with a real Redskins GM in over a decade. What was the biggest surprise of the last three days for you?

I went no db. I was not to surprised by the draft, though figured a fs would be picked but really did not see any available. I am glad we did not trade Haynesworth or McIntosh. I think our defense is in real good shape. Haynesworth can play de and slide over to nose in certain situations. Not sure if he would be too against that.

Hmmm, good additions to the poll there brandies...

i also was a little surprised or disappointed that we did not draft a DB.

Excepting FS where I think we could use some depth, I think our secondary isn't bad. Famous last words and all that...

I was most surprised we didn't trade anyone other than Campbell. There were so many rumors floating around, and as someone stated in another thread, this FO staff is different. I like it. Lord knows, there were times Danny and Vinny would make a trade just to grab some headlines. I think the fact that Allen and Shanahan apparently weren't impressed enough with any of the trade offers to pull the trigger.

Works for me!

The irony in Vinny Cerrato suggesting we draft an OL with our 1st rd pick yet when he was in essentially the exact same position, he did no such thing.

No developmental QB taken. Could it be Shanahan believes Colt Brennan is a legit #3 and worth another year's look as the potential successor?

I was also surprised we didn't grab a project QB, but in some ways, would it really make sense to have done that? Afterall, we really DO have the ultimate project QB in Brennan, a guy who lit up the NCAA in record-breaking fashion and certainly has some intangibles working in his favor. I'm not sure he's got an NFL future, but seriously, were we going to find someone with Brennan's college resume out there in later rounds? I doubt it. I think, especially given the time he's missed with injuries, there's enough potential there that Shanahan may want to give him some time to show what he's really got, and how 'teachable' he is, before ending that experiment.

I was also surprised we didn't grab a project QB, but in some ways, would it really make sense to have done that? Afterall, we really DO have the ultimate project QB in Brennan, a guy who lit up the NCAA in record-breaking fashion and certainly has some intangibles working in his favor. I'm not sure he's got an NFL future, but seriously, were we going to find someone with Brennan's college resume out there in later rounds? I doubt it. I think, especially given the time he's missed with injuries, there's enough potential there that Shanahan may want to give him some time to show what he's really got, and how 'teachable' he is, before ending that experiment.
I agree with that, but still, don't think there would have been any harm finding the backup fullback in the UDFA market and taking a shot on Pike or LeFevour.

Biggest argument for taking one of those guys is that, should you manage to find a hidden gem with a late pick, the impact of finding a QB there is so much larger than at other positions.

My biggest surprise was not trading anyone but Campbell. I expected to see a few guys gone this weekend, especially McIntosh. Shefter and the media had me all worked up with their 'Redskins are going to do something big' routine.

I guess routine is the right word for it. The media always has the Skins linked to something big. It seems routine to throw the Skins into any conversation.

I chose no QB also. I was pretty sure they'd go after one of the late-round guys. I think Skelton is going to be a good QB at this level, would have liked to see him in the B&G.

I didn't realize how much I liked Campbell until today. I know our team is better for it, but they way he handled himself here made me a fan for the rest of his career. I hope he does really well with the Raiders. I'll be cheering for him.

I'm also happy to hear that Brennan may be getting a shot to stick around. He's one of my favorites.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I am suprised we didn't move Haynesworth, not that I am disappointed he is still here. My concern is will he be a locker room distraction or problem. I thought with him contesting Shanahan's authority he was gone.

I think this team would be a lot better if Haynesworth would meet Shanahan halfway. Read were a 'leader on defense' contacted him about coming to mini-camp. This tells me the players want him and at same time don't want him to be a distraction. Also read where several players have said they're getting tired of being ask Haynesworth questions.

The irony in Vinny Cerrato suggesting we draft an OL with our 1st rd pick yet when he was in essentially the exact same position, he did no such thing.

I read somewhere that we've taken 3 linemen in the draft since 1992:insane:

I read somewhere that we've taken 3 linemen in the draft since 1992:insane:

I heard it like '87. The more I rehash and read about the draft, seems the biggest surprise is we did things like a real NFL team. None of this fanasty football draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.