• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Draft Day 3 (Allen audio/Final)

Pappas

NFL Draft Day 3

04/24/10​

Round 4 - The Washington Redskins select linebacker Perry Riley LSU

PERRY RILEY
Outside/Middle Linebacker
Louisiana State University Tigers
6:01.0-239
Ellenwood, Georgia
Stephenson High School

OVERVIEW

Standing out in a group is nothing new for Perry Riley. In high school, he played alongside Florida State’s Marcus Bell and Louisiana State teammate Kelvin Sheppard. As a senior with the Tigers, Riley was joined in the linebacker corps by standouts in Sheppard and Harry Coleman. Riley was productive and never overshadowed. In two seasons as a starter (2008-09) he racked up 157 tackles (77 solos), the second most over that time period by a Louisiana State player.

12:30PM

Waiting for the next pick. In the meantime, HERE is a quick piece on Riley.

1:00PM

Jason Campbell has been traded to the Oakland Raiders according to multiple sources, including the player.

1:15PM

@Adam_Schefter In return for QB Jason Campbell, #Redskins receive #Raiders fourth-round pick in '12.

1:20PM

Here's what we know. Campbell has been traded to the Oakland Raiders for a future conditional pick. Could be a fifth or fourth rounder depending on how he plays in Oakland, and it could be in 2012. Nothing has been announced or confirmed yet.

He has reportedly already agreed to a new deal with Oakland that is worth approximately $4.5 million in 2011.

There has been no official announcement from the team, but the league is reporting it, and Campbell himself has confirmed it.

1:25PM

Washington has traded out of the fifth round with Miami.

1:31PM

The Redskins traded the 163rd pick (5th) and acquired the 174th pick (6th round) and 219th (7th round) selections.

Round 6 - And with the 174th (6th round) pick of the 2010 NFL draft, the Redskins select Dennis Morris, tight end, Louisiana Tech.

Louisiana Tech
WAC
Height 6'0⅞"
Weight 253 lbs

2010 Stats

38 catches, 623 yards, 12 TDs.

2:00PM

Redskins confirm Jason Campbell traded for 4th round selection in 2012.

3:26PM

Redskins trade 208th pick to New England for the 229th and 231st pick.

Round 7 –With the 219th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Washington selects Terrence Austin UCLA

Height / Weight: 5-11 / 172
Position: WR
Birthdate: 08/24/1988

2009 - Saw action in 13 games with 12 starts ... Earned second-team All-Pac-10 honors as a kick returner ... Caught at least one pass in each of his final 27 games as a Bruin ... Ranked fifth in the Pac-10 (34th in NCAA) in all-purpose yards (139.85), 60th in the NCAA and fourth in the Pac-10 in kickoff returns (24.09), 34th in the NCAA and third in the Pac-10 in punt returns (9.15), 22nd in the Pac-10 in receiving yards (35.00) and tied for 22nd in receptions (2.85) ... Third on the team in receptions with 37 ... Ranked third on UCLA single-season all-purpose yards list with 1,818 (he is the record-holder with 1,878 yards - 2008) ... His 43 kickoff returns ranked No. 2 (he had 46 in 2008) and his 33 punt returns ranked tied for second ... Winner of the George W. Dickerson Award for Outstanding Offensive Player vs. USC and Offensive Winner of the Paul I. Wellman Memorial Award for All-Around Excellence.

Round 7 –With the 229th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Washington selects center Erik Cook, New Mexico

Position: Center
Birthdate: 07/05/1987
Height / Weight:
6-6 / 318

Honors
• First Team All-MWC (2009)
• Second Team All-MWC (2008)

NEW MEXICO:
Three-year starter who was one of the premier offensive linemen in the Mountain West Conference and leader of the Lobos' outstanding offensive line group, dubbed The Hitmen, his final two years...first team all-MWC as senior and second team all-MWC selection as a junior...CollegeFootballNews.com rated him as the No. 4 senior center in the country entering the 2009 season...developed into a real leader up front as a junior, especially after starting QB Donovan Porterie suffered a season-ending injury in week 4...made all the line calls and blitz adjustments for the offensive line...an excellent athlete who could play any position on the line...manned the starting left tackle spot as a sophomore in 2007 and was extremely valuable as the top backup at every position up front...saw game action at tackle, guard, and center in `07 and played four of the five OL spots in a single game (vs. Sacramento State)...best position was center where he took over for `07 first team all-MWC honoree Vince Natali...39 career games with 33 starts (23 at C, 9 at OT, 1 at OG)...broke his right wrist during the final week of training camp in 2007 and taught himself to snap with his left hand the rest of the season when he played center...split time with an injured Natali late in the 2006 season...made tremendous progress on the field and in the weight room over his final two years...max of 348 in the power clean and 500 in the squat...selected to play in the Texas vs. The Nation all-star game and earned an invite to the NFL Combine.

SELVISH CAPERS, Jr.
Offensive Tackle
West Virginia University Mountaineers
6:04.5-304
Kenner, Louisiana
St. Augustine High

OVERVIEW

Ever since moving into the starting lineup midway through his sophomore season, the Mountaineers became more of a right-side-of-the-field type of offense, and for good reason. That’s where Selvish Capers resided. With 31 starting assignments to his credit, the dominant drive blocker was known for his footwork and balance, as he excelled as a
downfield blocker.

Audio

To listen to comments from Perry Riley click HERE

To listen to comments from Dennis Morris click HERE

To listen to comments from Bruce Allen click HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say I'm disappointed we didn't go with Campbell and ended up taking a guy with such a low grade. I don't see Riley as a three down player because he's lacking in coverage and he's not really a sideline-to-sideline player even though he has decent speed. I would assume he projects as a ILB in a 3-4. He was fairly productive the last two years at LSU but I don't see him contributing beyond Special Teams anytime soon.

A Linebacker?

Really?

No O-Line this far down worth a hoot?

Really?

We do need LB's ... we also need to continue filling out the OL. At some point one needs to either figure the FO has a better handle on who to take at what pick, or that those of us sitting at home do.

:)

We do need LB's ... we also need to continue filling out the OL. At some point one needs to either figure the FO has a better handle on who to take at what pick, or that those of us sitting at home do.

:)

After so many crappy years, trusting the FO to do the right thing in the draft will take some getting used to. ;)

Round 5 seems to be our round from hell. Cody Glenn, Dallas Sartz, Anthony Montgomery, Robert McCune, Mark Wilson, Andre Lott, Robert Royal, Darnerian McCants, Quincy Sanders, "the other" Derek Smith, Mark Fischer, Leomont Evans, Jamie Asher, Rich Owens, Greg Huntington. Many years we didn't have a 5th round pick and it's probably just as well. The last REALLY GOOD 5th round pick? Brian Mitchell in 1990. OUCH!!!

Round 5 seems to be our round from hell. Cody Glenn, Dallas Sartz, Anthony Montgomery, Robert McCune, Mark Wilson, Andre Lott, Robert Royal, Darnerian McCants, Quincy Sanders, "the other" Derek Smith, Mark Fischer, Leomont Evans, Jamie Asher, Rich Owens, Greg Huntington. Many years we didn't have a 5th round pick and it's probably just as well. The last REALLY GOOD 5th round pick? Brian Mitchell in 1990. OUCH!!!

I tried to forget those guys. lol So Anthony Montgomery is still playing. And is Robert Royal still in Buffalo?

Jamie Asher
Greg Huntington
who?

a 5th for Jason? Oakland is almost up with the 138 pick...stay tuned

edit:Raiders picks a CB...oh well.

After so many crappy years, trusting the FO to do the right thing in the draft will take some getting used to. ;)

Absolutely, Jimbo. One thing I've noticed is how hard it is for fans to disassociate one regime from the next. This is no longer the Cerrato/Snyder Redskins, which it has been pretty much non-stop for a decade. Even under Gibbs II--in what was perhaps my biggest disappointment of that short era--Gibbs ceded the player evaluation aspects of the FO to a brain trust that just never did seem to get it right.

But that era is over.

In place of "Snyderatto" are two totally new faces in Allen and Shanahan. Those who suggest Snyder is still pulling the strings and nothing has changed, I think, are not being objective, fair, or allowing the new regime any benefit of the doubt.

The new regime MAY fail. But nothing we have seen to date is indicative of that. I like what I have seen so far, and still have questions that I expect to get answers to over time. The rest of the offseason will be part of that, as will the first full season, as will NEXT offseason when they start to fine tune.

Two or three years from now I'll feel comfortable starting to pontificate over what they've done right or wrong. ;)

Between now and then I'll try to remember the context. New regime. Clean slate. Give them time to do their jobs.

Campbell to Bills for pick 140?

EDIT: I guess not. Bills take the Wang that would have matched perfectly with our Johnson and Willie. ;)

Well, Raiders took a CB, so I guess they're not trading. Buffalo just traded with the Jets, maybe they're trading that pick to us?

I just heard Adam S. say"expect to see Campbell to be traded later today" only five minutes ago. During the 6th round perhaps?

Or a combination of picks this year and next. Maybe a 6th this year and 3rd/4th/5th conditional pick next year. Something like that would not surprise me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.