• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dear Sarge

Although I also think that the waiting list is now merely a marketing tool rather than a reality like in the past, how does that message from the organization lend itself your comment above?

Because 10 years ago there was a waiting list, and a long one too

Now, nada.................

Because 10 years ago there was a waiting list, and a long one too

Now, nada.................

The Skins have said 200,000. I think it's closer to 20,000 based on the cold calls going to former STHers. I know that some people did get some tickets off the waiting list this year.....

Boone posted one of my recent post from IIWII where I talked about the wait list and me getting moved to the lower bowl. The thing is that I know that a great deal of fans in the upper bowl have been moved to the lowers in the last two seasons. Which then begs the question.....who fills up the upper bowl? My hope is that the Skins turn it around starting this year and the Skins fans start filling up the stands.

My fear is that we'll have a boat load of empty seats and possible blackouts. or worse, more opposing team fans.....:tantrum:

Of course Sarge has the right to feel anyway he wants. My point is, we've heard it for years. I get it! He doesn't like Snyder, and never will. How many more times does it have to be repeated. That's the "nobody cares" I'm talking about. We all "care" about our team.

As I've said, your message is known, and has been, to anybody who's read your "Danny is The Debil" manifesto over, and over, and over, through the yeeeears! So, if you want to drop your tickets, DO IT! Just stop looking for some kind of medal for it.

Personally, I think we're headed into another season of hope. Just like every one of the 40+ seasons I've enjoyed as a Redskin fan. However, I think our new coach is vastly overrated. I think our new QB is equally overrated. But I am still as hopeful as I always am, that we will enjoy an exciting season that ends with winning the first ever Super bowl played in the cowpies new stadium. I can also continue living if we don't. Like I said before, it ain't that deep.

There is nothing I can control concerning the operation of the team. I accept that. I can either be a fan, or not. Being an extremist by nature, if I'm in, I'm all in. If I'm out, I'm all out.

I choose to be in. Nobody should care about that, either.

and on a practical note...who can afford season tickets when the congressional/white house regime is poised to raise taxes across the board while driving the economy into the ground?

but I digress. there's only so many bucks to go around.

Oh come on, don't go bringing up political lies! I'd say that's quite inappropriate here.

2010 NFL Use for wearables identical to jerseys as well helps lovers feel like they belong to a group. And around the playground, we see lot of fans with very cheap but pretty 2010 NFL Jerseys and cry for their beloved ones. Players with their brand new nhl wearings also include the leg pad to keep their legs’ safety. When a fan wearing a shirt someone else figures the same team they support, they are more probably to present them a smile on the street or discover up a conversation during an event.

All 2010 nhl jerseys are not dear if we go to the shop online. Some thing we had better remember. As to both parties, they should tale on the distinct hockey jerseys and with different code on them. As for the goalkeeper, he may wear the other jersey of other colors, this also not the same as the general players.

The next one is, you are not allowed to wear the dangerous things on your body so as to damage the other party during the games. Of all sports, the hockey, basketball and football are very hard to play. They have so many rules, as the same as hockey sport. Here is about the tips of its devices and so on. You could buy some cheap 2010 NFL jerseys to keep your sport long if any balls are broken.

so youre giving up your tickets and mad about how things are

but

youre mad they gave up your tickets

am I the only one who sees that you got what you wanted? Heck, Danny Boy helped you out actually..

Oh, I'm not mad at all. In fact, I feel tons better. I just found it both funny and sad that I gave up something that was once passed down in families and the best the danny can do now is say "Hate to lose you, if you want season tickets again give us a call"

How far things have fallen during his ownership

Oh, I'm not mad at all. In fact, I feel tons better. I just found it both funny and sad that I gave up something that was once passed down in families and the best the danny can do now is say "Hate to lose you, if you want season tickets again give us a call"

How far things have fallen during his ownership

Oh gimme a freakin break. WTF did you expect to get, a written version of a knob polishing begging you to come back? This is exactly the kind of nonsense that drove me away from CPND, and yes it does seem like you want some kind of recognition for it. Otherwise why the need to announce it (evidently multiple times) and have a full blown debate about the topic? Thankfully it's the first I've had to read it here.

I'm with AX on this one.

I would never presume to tell you what to think or how or what to post on a message board but this sentiment can pretty much be summed up with "not re-upping my tickets", end of story. And no I couldn't possibly care less that someone else didn't re-up. The simple answer to that is "Good more opportunities for those of us who have been waiting 20 or so years".

Whatever floats your boat but going to games has almost nothing to do with quality of play on the field for me. That is secondary and the cherry on top if they play well. I go to games for the camaraderie, the festive event, the people I love to see and getting to spend an entire day (I'm usually at the gates by 7 or so) soaking up Redskins fun. So good for you for ditching them if that's what you desired, and I genuinely feel for you if Snyder has personally been a douche to you but folks like me? I'm thrilled there's more opportunities for tickets and relieved beyond belief that BGO is generally a bastion of peace away from the carping, and acrimonious bitching that the whole "danny boy" tirades tend to inspire.

Oh and i won't take either of ym boys until they are in their teens. The cussing and puking and drunken a-holishness happens at all pro stadiums now in all sections. I don't want my kids anywhere near that. I had two drunk, slovenly, fat chicks overeat chicken wings and then over drink and empty the contents of their escapades all over the seats to the tune of several rows in front of me one game. The first thought I had was "Thank God I didn't have my boys here for this." I watched the rest of the game from the mezzanine...yay.

Last edited:
Oh gimme a freakin break. WTF did you expect to get, a written version of a knob polishing begging you to come back? This is exactly the kind of nonsense that drove me away from CPND, and yes it does seem like you want some kind of recognition for it. Otherwise why the need to announce it (evidently multiple times) and have a full blown debate about the topic? Thankfully it's the first I've had to read it here.

I'm with AX on this one.

I would never presume to tell you what to think or how or what to post on a message board but this sentiment can pretty much be summed up with "not re-upping my tickets", end of story. And no I couldn't possibly care less that someone else didn't re-up. The simple answer to that is "Good more opportunities for those of us who have been waiting 20 or so years".

Whatever floats your boat but going to games has almost nothing to do with quality of play on the field for me. That is secondary and the cherry on top if they play well. I go to games for the camaraderie, the festive event, the people I love to see and getting to spend an entire day (I'm usually at the gates by 7 or so) soaking up Redskins fun. So good for you for ditching them if that's what you desired, and I genuinely feel for you if Snyder has personally been a douche to you but folks like me? I'm thrilled there's more opportunities for tickets and relieved beyond belief that BGO is generally a bastion of peace away from the carping, and acrimonious bitching that the whole "danny boy" tirades tend to inspire.

Oh and i won't take either of ym boys until they are in their teens. The cussing and puking and drunken a-holishness happens at all pro stadiums now in all sections. I don't want my kids anywhere near that. I had two drunk, slovenly, fat chicks overeat chicken wings and then over drink and empty the contents of their escapades all over the seats to the tune of several rows in front of me one game. The first thought I had was "Thank God I didn't have my boys here for this." I watched the rest of the game from the mezzanine...yay.

For someone who doesn't care if others re-up or not, you surely seem animated about it. Was it because you read all three pages of the post? Or just having a bad hair day?

My simple advise to you would be, don't read the thread. And if you want season tickets so badly, put your name on the list. You'll come up this year. As I said before, a sad state of affairs from just ten years ago

Oh come on, don't go bringing up political lies! I'd say that's quite inappropriate here.

"lies" in the minds of Zombies maybe!!!

are you the "appropriateness" police? a little sarcasm too cutting? pls...it wasn't a rant. it was a freebie and I took it. see ya on the soup line!

to meet you half way...I'm not out there posting political commentary every other sentence. this thread had a window. calm down Francis!

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone who doesn't care if others re-up or not, you surely seem animated about it. Was it because you read all three pages of the post? Or just having a bad hair day?

My simple advise to you would be, don't read the thread. And if you want season tickets so badly, put your name on the list. You'll come up this year. As I said before, a sad state of affairs from just ten years ago

Been a season ticket for years now. I don't care if others re-up, my point about others feeling the need to not only re-up but repeatedly bitch about it to the rest of us and remind us and in some cases even chastise us for not doing the same isn't marginalized at all by the premise I don't care what they do with their money. I said I didn't care about them bailing, but I definitely care about having message boards and civil, on topic conversations littered with that kind of nonsense. That's not to say much or any of that is necessarily directed at you in this case per se. I'm just sick to death of the constant "danny boy" negativity that IMHO ruined a lot of online communities for large chunks of time. Like I said, it got so bad that it caused me to swear off a community I had been a member and admin of for 15 years and swear off all Redskins related boards in general for a while. So yea my skin is a bit thin about it and no that's not your fault. This topic just brings out the worst in me because I'm not Dan Snyder but as a season ticket holder I've had to deal with the ire of many people as if I was. I didn't crap on their parade why do they have to come take a dump on mine?

Oh and don't read the thread is a copout, especially when it has such a vague title..."Dear Sarge"?. Don't whine can be said just as easily. Neither cut it from my standpoint, we both have equal opportunity to say whatever we want within reason and I think we all agree that other more draconian methods are lame even when necessary. It's nothing personal even though it came off that way from me. It's just a hot button topic for me and your thread inspired a mini rant that could have easily been placed in a thread of its own. It wasn't necessarily directed at you in whole although it was inspired by you. I still am wondering what exactly you expected in the form letter other than what you got, that part was directed at you.

Consider my piece said and end of rant.

Countertrey...while I agree with the thrust of your post in the main (I only need to hear/see an idea/feeling once...maybe twice)...I do have to ask: this thread was specifically addressed to Sarge's pet theme. We all knew it before opening it! why fall for the bait if it stresses your sense of proprieties so much? BGO will survive an ocassional thread like this...freedom of expression and all that.

Countertrey...while I agree with the thrust of your post in the main (I only need to hear/see an idea/feeling once...maybe twice)...I do have to ask: this thread was specifically addressed to Sarge's pet theme. We all knew it before opening it! why fall for the bait if it stresses your sense of proprieties so much? BGO will survive an ocassional thread like this...freedom of expression and all that.

I disagree, "Dear Sarge" is a very ambiguous thread title.

And if you want season tickets so badly, put your name on the list. You'll come up this year. As I said before, a sad state of affairs from just ten years ago
I know you like to lay the blame solely on Mr. Snyder.

However, to not consider, that the ease of sustaining the wait list, for decades, in little bitty RFK, would be next to impossible after a decade of attrition, in a stadium that holds damn near twice as many people. Obviously, losing only makes it worse.

Start winning again, regularly, and it's right back to the top of the "hottest ticket in town" list.

Mr Snyder, or not.

I know you like to lay the blame solely on Mr. Snyder.

However, to not consider, that the ease of sustaining the wait list, for decades, in little bitty RFK, would be next to impossible after a decade of attrition, in a stadium that holds damn near twice as many people. Obviously, losing only makes it worse.

Start winning again, regularly, and it's right back to the top of the "hottest ticket in town" list.

Mr Snyder, or not.

pretty much true...though I'm willing to bet there will always be a visible/strong visiting team presence.

Sure there will be. But if our boys could start whipping up on visitors with regularity, the stay would be less enjoyable.

Message boards are an interesting social phenomenon. People who choose to spend a significant amount of time on a message board tend to do so on subjects that they are passionate about. So the discussion by definition tends to become emotional. Likewise the message board friendships that are created can be as real as those in “real life.”

Having come from CPND like CounterTrey, I know exactly what he is talking about. During last season the board became overwhelmed with “Campbell Sucks”, “Zorn Sucks,” and “Danny-boy” threads. Likewise the pendulum can swing in the other direction, where posters who previously viewed Mike Shanahan as the devil’s seed, were suddenly lauding his every move once he became the Redskin coach. In both cases, the emotions involved can end up being directed toward other posters, who do not share the board’s current overwhelming tone.

So threads like this are going to happen and the emotions expressed by CounterTrey and Sarge are going to be expressed. I believe that will only become a problem when these types of emotions overwhelm the overall tenor of the board. (The occasional rant is, I believe good for the soul.)

One of the things that attracted me to this board was that even during the lowest parts of last season, this board maintained a less emotional (and dare I say a more cerebral :paranoid:) overall style. The challenge going forward will be to manage the emotion and to assimilate new members into the BGO culture, as those new members also contribute to and energize the environment. If not done properly, they board can change so much that old timers can find themselves as unwanted strangers in boards that they have posted on for years. On the other hand, the lack of new members can cause a board to slowly die.

Having known CounterTrey for many years (through the internet) and having observed Sarge for the last few months, I can say one thing with certainty; they are more likely to find common ground discussing politics than they are discussing Dan Snyder. :) But what underlies their disagreement with regards to Dan Snyder and season tickets is the underlying passion we feel toward the Redskins that we all feel (otherwise we wouldn’t spend so much time on them.)

I do disagree with CounterTrey on the point that the play on the field doesn’t matter. I have seen the Redskins win and the Redskins lose. Winning is better. :)

I think the other thing I love about this place is that we expect you guys to play nice and for the most part 'self police'. Ironic that the one thing I learned as a 'moderator' of an unnamed huge board is that having to 'moderate' sucks :)

But believe me - if it comes down to safeguarding a civil tone, intelligent discussion, and enjoyable place to post - we'll do what we have to.

I care. With the recent moves that Snyder has made by allowing his team to be run by professionals he gets a small break, but 10 years of meddling and the personal effect on Sarge's family when Snyder took over, I believe the man has a right to his disdain. I share a similar disdain for Snyder but mine is less personal.

Ditto the above. Snyder for me is sort of like my sister-in-law. I'm obligated to love her but I don't have to like her.

I'd be lying if I said I was a Snyder fan. However, I love the team and I'm not too proud to admit that Snyder has done the right thing in firing Cerrato and bringing in Allahan. Will it get us a S.B.? :whoknows: Who knows? But when Shanahan Jr. takes over, I think it's a real possibility...assuming Snyder can stick with the plan and not alienate Shanny Jr./Sr. anyway. :paranoid:

That's only apparent to folks who know Sarge, ie you ES guys. To the rest of us that's not obvious at all. How would I know his pet theme if I am not a former ES regular which I haven't been for about 8-10 years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.