• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DT ADAM CARRIKER

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
113880.jpg

DT ADAM CARRIKER

Height: 6-6 Weight: 296 Age: 25
Born: 5/6/1984 Hastings , NE
College: Nebraska
Experience: 4th season
High School: Kennewick HS [WA]

BIOGRAPHY

On July 26, 2007, Carriker signed a five-year $14.5 million contract, with guarantees of $9.5 million.[2] Carriker started all 16 games of his rookie season at nose tackle instead of his college position, defensive end. Carriker, who bulked up from the 296 pounds he weighed at the NFL combine, weighed in the 305-pound range during the 2007 season.

He was voted the Rams Rookie of the Year called the Carroll Rosenbloom Memorial Award, finishing with 2 sacks, 30 tackles, and a safety. The Rams have indicated that Carriker will move to the "under-tackle" position from the nose tackle spot in 2008. With the addition of Chris Long at defensive end, the possibility of Carriker moving to end, his college position seems much less likely. With the injuries to Leonard Little, there has been specuation in the St. Louis media that Carriker could move outside to defensive end if Little was unable to return. Carriker missed the entire 2009 NFL season due to injury.

CAREER STATS

REDSKINS ACQUIRE DT ADAM CARRIKER IN TRADE WITH RAMS

The Redskins hit it big with the 13th pick in the 2009 draft when they selected Brian Orakpo, who led all rookies with 11 sacks. Now they’re trying their luck with the 13th pick in the 2007 draft.

The Redskins acquired defensive lineman Adam Carriker from the St. Louis Rams in a trade on Tuesday that otherwise involved a swap of later-round draft choices.

Carriker started every game as a rookie at nose tackle but missed the 2009 season with a shoulder injury. Carrriker, 6-6 and 296 pounds, played under current Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett his first two seasons with the Rams.

Carriker has two career sacks and both came in his rookie year. In 2008 he played in 15 games and started nine. Last year he tore a muscle in his shoulder late in preseason, needed surgery to repair it and was placed on injured reserve.

“Adam is a guy who our staff is very familiar with,” Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in a statement. “He is talented and has an incredible work ethic. We feel he will fit in our scheme and will help us reach our defensive goals.”

The terms of the deal include an exchange of picks in the fifth and seventh rounds in this weekend’s draft. The Redskins gave up their fifth (135th overall) for the Rams’ (163rd) and their seventh (211th) for St. Louis’ (208th).

Rams general manager Billy Devaney told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the club felt it had “some depth at defensive tackle. This gives us some flexibility in the draft to maybe maneuver, make some moves on Friday and Saturday.”

The Redskins have not been shy about adding bodies to their defensive line in recent weeks, also signing Howard Green, Anthony Bryant, Greg Peterson and Maake Kemoeatu.

The Redskins continue to maintain that Albert Haynesworth, who has absented himself from voluntary workouts, remains a key part of their defensive scheme and have denied trying to trade him but that has not dampened speculation that he may yet be moved.

Carriker, who turns 26 next month, was voted Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year as a senior at Nebraska and recorded 20.5 sacks with the Cornhuskers while playing defensive end. He was twice named to the All-Big 12 team. He has primarily played inside with the Rams.

VIDEO

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORFE7j1IAs[/media]

NFLTA Breaks Down Adam Carriker

Adam Carriker Is Defense

adam-carriker_rams.jpg

Last edited:
I think this guy has been trapped in the wrong system since he has been a pro. If he can stay healthy, I think he can be a great pickup for us.

I think this guy has been trapped in the wrong system since he has been a pro. If he can stay healthy, I think he can be a great pickup for us.

Its a steal or nothing for us - if he doesn't do anything, we simply swapped 5th rounders. If he plays all 16 games, I think its a steal, because I'd bet there are very few 5th rounders who play all 16.

This move has me excited. I really hope he can stay healthy. If so, it will give us a good character guy that is versatile.

The d-line is shaping up well as far as talent, but I am concerned about it's health. We seem to have quite a few injury prone guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.